Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Must be rough when you have distributors calling you to pump the "platinum" and "diamond" editions!

That's a first for me.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

If they’ve been calling then you know the prices for those models right?

Well i haven't called back because i don't care.

Maybe Kaneda can weigh in here!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Isn’t that what good distributors should be doing anyway?
Ringing their regular customer base “hey xxxx, not sure if you saw but xxxx is coming out we have an allocation of blah are you interested?” That’s it.

Yes they should! Calling the dumbasses like myself.

Then again, they didn't need to call on other pins, people like me were crawling all over themselves to get one!

No mas por favor on Beatles.

#11 5 years ago

It's a far cry from having to send in videos on why you should get an SLE of Batman!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from MoonwalkerArcade:

I was told $7,800 plus freight & tax by my distributor for the low-end model

Lord have mercy......

That's UGLY

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

They have to pay for the license somehow!

Not out of my wallet!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from BrettC208:

I think its great that distributors are looking out for the customers. The just need to know how many to order before they run out.

LOL........................................................................................................................................................................

#198 5 years ago

If you haven't watched this yet, do it now, one of the best laughs I've had in a while!

What i really want to know and get clarified is the pronunciation of "Crazy Levi"

Since you are buddies with Kman Levi why is he always calling you "Levy"?

#201 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Just to jump in on the bash wagon...I showed this to my wife who’s a Beatles fan and mostly indifferent to pinball and her immediate response was “This is shit. There’s so much cool stuff they could have pulled from, where’s the submarine or a walrus ball lock?” Me: “It’s a rethemed 80’s table but now it has magnets.” Her: “Lame...”

Same thing my wife said, then again she thinks all of my pinball machines are "lame" and "shit"

#305 5 years ago

The Gold powder coat is as UGLY as Yoko and that ain't easy to accomplish.

#308 5 years ago

One Distro is wanting to trade a Beatle's Diamond for a Porsche 911. Is that a joke?

He "only has 2 available"........

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from JBK:

I love the beatles. I love pinball. I don't love the price of this game. No Beatles pin for me.

Hmmm. I’m thinking a whole lot of smaller Distros wouldn’t drink this 10 pack

Way too much risk

Plus, why would you want to be a part of F ing other people at these prices

Some have no shame

#Playthelonggame

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There is no requirement to buy the 10 pack.
Smaller distros can just do the usual single Stern drop-ships like they always do.

Not what I hear from them

So a “smaller distro” can just drop ship a Diamond or Platinum without committing to 7 Gold?

I’m sure it will come to that eventually but not now

#Fuckyourloyalcustomers

#Karmaisabitch

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Don't play dumb, you know he meant golds. Bigger distros probably deserve the rare ones anyway.

Exactly, you and I and the rest of Pinside could drop ship Gold versions for them. No Distro needed

Not enough “collectors” out there to choke this down. Not here on Pinside, the subhumans

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The Diamonds are rewards for those distributors that buy the 10 packs.
Just like you buy a case of a certain doll, they include a single "ultra rare doll" that the anime dealers can sell at a premium.
My distro has sold through two 10 packs, so that means he got 2 diamonds and got to "earn some actual money for once" by selling them.

So we should feel bad for that Distro for be able to fleece some fools to make a profit? Nope, don’t think so

#351 5 years ago

I get it. See my above post re collectors

But this is gonna end up like a bunch of “Better Call Saul” distributors selling these like cell phone burners out the back of a van

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Who cares if they do?
If my distro sells his two Diamonds for $25,000 each, and then chooses to quietly sell his remaining Golds for $5,000 ; why would that upset you in any way?

It seems like a free for all shit fest

I don’t care WTF the pin drug dealers can pump their pins for

I love pinball and I’m a capitalist

I know I don’t have to worry about Middle East Distros but I’ve crossed 2 off the list here in the States for bad behavior

I’m compiling my Santa list of who’s naughty or nice

I plan on being a buyer long term. Not interested in grabbing ankles on a dry run AGAIN

#357 5 years ago

Btw Vid, I’d say you are like CNN with all the worldwide info but that isn’t a compliment anymore

You are def quite the individual

I might even join the Rocketry forum now!

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
Everyone has their personal distro that takes care of them.
If my distro can get $25,000 for his Diamond game, I'm not going to feel hurt that he would not sell it to me for $12,000
You've got to take your profit when you can.

I know that’s right

And I don’t really give a F other than I’m a huge pinball fan and this feels like a shit sand which at these prices

This too shall pass.

Maybe 2019 will be the year of DR and others

Like I said. Kharma is a bitch. Long game

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A few dealers outside the States are reporting that they are sold out.
If the USA dealers say the same thing tomorrow afternoon, then it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Sold out of what? Highly doubt it

This will be the biggest after market cluster F in Pin history

When Distros quit calling me I might believe it

I do believe there are some very stupid people in this world

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If there are any Westcoast dealers still open, call one and see if USA is sold out too.

They have nothing to sell because they aren’t buying the 10 pack BS

So let’s have this thing age a bit and see where it lands

It’s a pig in a poke

Patience. Let the dust settle on this over priced dog

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

While I agree with letting the dust settle, you are wrong about the 10 packs. Distros gobbled them up and anyone that passed had another distro happily take their allotment.

You are 100% wrong

Wtf.

#401 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

100% sold out... Such a surprise that Stern knows how to sell pinball machines more than Iceman does. Crazy world we live in!!!!

I don't believe it for one second despite how many times you guys say it over and over again!

I'm all for Distros making a profit from selling games. I assume they enter the business for that reason amongst others like promoting the hobby.

Which is why I wish Joe from PINBALLSTAR would sell Stern games, he's the kind of straight shooter and fair guy that i like to deal with. Plus he's just a good dude.

I have an ACNC coming from him, will buy future JJP and Chicago gaming from him because i respect the passion AND the effort that guys like him take in lugging these games all over the place to shows etc.

And the main reason, he puts the CUSTOMER first. That's a recipe for long term success.

I love my Stern games and will be buying a Munsters soon but i really don't care how much Stern or Joe makes on selling a Beatles pin that certainly isn't focused on the CUSTOMER FIRST imho. This is just a drive by cash grab that will fail.

I love pinball and the passion that everybody shows!

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Iceman seems to have disappeared now that his wish for this machine blowing up in Sterns face has failed.

No, i was just out drinking heavily in Lubbock at Flippers Tavern getting ready for the Texas and Texas Tech game!

I don't care about it "blowing up" or not, I just think it will.

But hey, you guys keep pumping it up, we all know the drill. Gotta make people think its sold out and you better rush to your nearest Distro to grab one.

Let's move on to Munsters now.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There are no politics on the rocketry forum.
When I said they were much less **conservative** than Pinside, I was referring to the overall welcoming and respect of other's ideas, even when much different than their own.

I’m sure the overall intelligence level is a few clicks above in the rocketry forum?

Are there LE rockets available to purchase?

#433 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My favorite part of that ebay ad is:
COMES WITH THE FOLLOWING
- Flippers
- Lights
- Sounds
- Fun
- Guaranteed Collectible Status!!!
...that must make better pins better than collectible. All our games just tripled in value. Except you WWE owners.

My favorite part is it "comes with flippers"!

And "lights" and "sounds"....

Kman is working another flip here This time its Ebay dummies.

One of my favorite shows in Vegas is the "Beatles Love" at the Mirage. Phenomenal.

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think the regular price increases and higher then ever NIB prices has helped contribute to more arguments and heated discussions on Pinside. Imagine a home video / audio, or rocketry forum if prices suddenly increased 3-4x within 15 years with no end in site. How would people react on those forums if prices went up and quality went down in some cases? There would be just as many heated discussions on those sites at that point as on Pinside.
Also, for model rocketry and home audio / video there are options for newer products around $100 or less. Starting prices for NIB pins are far more with the barrier to entry beginning around $5k. The higher the prices of products for a hobby the more heated discussions about them there will be. If Beatles was $5k there wouldn't be nearly as much criticism.

I bought a LotrLE on closeout for $5200 7 yrs ago from Automated

My how things have changed

A lot for the better BUT man pricing is whack

#470 5 years ago

Well I'm a bit surprised at the video and LCD animations and state of the code at 1.04, whatever that really means.

It looks really fun and i need something that my wife and others can actually step up and play SO...

Chalk up one more sale up for Stern on the Beatles! Love Train baby!

1 month later
#730 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

And to me that’s the beauty of it, why does every game need to be deep and complex?

It’s just a fun pin to shoot and enjoy

Everybody call walk up to it and understand it. It’s great for non pinhead friends and family

#748 5 years ago

Played it again a bunch yesterday while drinking beer. Yep, its still fast and fun to play!

And its a great "collectible". It's really cool looking with the artwork and the LCD clips are phenomenal. My parents remembered where they were when Ed Sullivan announced the Beatles in 1964, an iconic event. Them seeing that clip was pretty awesome.

1 month later
#819 5 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

I have owned over a dozen NIB pins over the last 13/14 years. I have always waited several months after they come out for Stern to fix the bugs (which usually occurs in new pins). Not this time. As a hard core The Beatles fan (and it is "The Beatles" not "Beatles") I wanted one as soon as it came out - mine arrived in early December. As for the wife, it is her all time favorite pin. We love it. A beautiful machine. I like that the playfield is not cluttered with all of the usual "bells and whistles".

I concur with your assessment. It's a phenomenal pin. Beautiful and a blast to play. Fast and fun.

11 months later
#915 4 years ago

$6k would be price for me. Oh wait, I already have one. It’s a fun game and it’s the Beatles.

The demand for a Re skinned Seawitch even though it was the Beatles just didn’t cut it at that price

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.