Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#129 5 years ago

Has anybody else heard the following prices?

$15k for Platinum
$30k for Diamond

I’m being serious here. Heard this from a big buyer that was offered at these prices.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've heard possible price from $50k down. WHO KNOWS?

Based on the source, I feel fairly confident the $15k Platinum, $30K Diamond could be accurate.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Supposedly Stern is allowing distributors to set their own prices on the platinum and diamond editions so those could be possible. They are only forcing the MAP on the gold edition.

That actually makes some sense thinking about this particular situation.

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

This pin is just not for us, Garry isnt aiming at us, he is making great bussiness decision and he is gonna make a lot of money for the company.
Whe allready are his custumors and we buy his great pins.
But he is also shifting focus to a bigger audience
Now he made a game for old beatle fans over the world who are collecting everything beately.
This is a pure brilliant company decision.
And will keep his company healthy with all other pinball company's around.
He may also enlarge the total pinball market in time by bringing in new pinball lovers this way.

Interesting perspective and I give Gary total props if it plays out this way for him. Capitalism is the best...regardless if the situation helps/hurts you personally.

1 week later
#447 5 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Just curious.. If pinball people aren't going to buy it and aren't the target demographic, then who is? Anytime I mention the word pinball to a non pinball person they look at me like I just said that I was an alien from outer space. In my opinion pinball is very niche, but I hope for Stern's sake I'm wrong.

I’m with you. Have no idea who will buy it which is I was saying “if it works out this way”. I will be impressed if they turn this into a money maker.

1 month later
#615 5 years ago

Like most others, I was initially disappointed by the direction they chose with Beatles. It was a dream theme for me and just knew they would do a Sgt Peppers, Abbey Road or Yellow Submarine type theme and make it a kick ass modern layout. Swore there was no way in hell I would buy one despite my love for the band. Played it a little bit on location and, well, dammit!

IMG_4775 (resized).jpgIMG_4775 (resized).jpg

Is it overpriced for what is in the game? Probably so. But then again, nothing is over priced that is selling successfully and I believe that this guy is.

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Any proof of that success? I’d say no. They’ll be hard pressed to sell 1,964 of them without deep discounts..

I know my distributor sold all three of their diamonds for $25k each. I know 4 other people (not including myself) that bought Golds in my small network of pinball peeps. I know that the game has exceeded expectations for many folks that didn't want to like the game (myself included). I also know that in my post above I said "I believe", so you can take your request for proof and shove it your arse.

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Though not completely representative, you can look up the Owners tab for each model. Because it's also a recent release, and also has had a very polarized reception on Pinside, I'll also post the numbers for Deadpool. Keep in mind we don't know if people are doubling the counts if they both own a game but put it on location, so I'm going to list location games as a separate tally.
Game - Owners / Location
Beatles Diamond - 5 / 1
Beatles Platinum - 4 / 1
Beatles Gold - 22 / 15
Total - 31 / 17
Deadpool LE - 97 / 14
Deadpool Premium - 17 / 9
Deadpool Pro - 120 / 123
Total - 234 / 146
Obviously time works in DP's favor as well, but if you want to compare two recent releases, it's a starting point.

Do we really think most buyers internationally are sprinting to pinside with their pocket protectors and taped frame glasses to update their collections? Am I one of these? Yes I am.

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's not really true at all. Some people at stern have hinted at it being one of their better sellers. They sold a lot of them because in general people like the game. People that are not willing to tweak a game are going to hate it, for tournaments it's pretty unbalanced right now and not fun, people that like easy games are going to hate it. People that enjoy a hard game that is loaded with features (maybe more so than any stern for the premium/le) seem to really enjoy it. It is loaded with mechs and unique things that are only in that game. It has great art, great sound package wit custom call outs, loaded with toys and mechs, unique layout, etc. What you see on pinside is the vocal minority which screams the loudest.
You just need about 2-4 hrs of tweaking and $100 in add ons to get it playing right. If it's too brutal add the plastic set with the center post. If stern can get the code updated and balanced a little it is absolutely one of their best games package wise. Some people will always hate it because it's so different. The same people often whine about every new fan layout that comes out though.

Come on dudes. This is a Beatles thread.

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Classy. What do you have 2 NIB sitting in your garage? Good luck!

You come on here beating your chest about proof and such over an opinion I stated. You expect me to give you a foot massage? I have a small list of things that require being an ass over. You made it on the list. What are you talking about with 2 NIB in my garage? I unboxed a game in my garage and there are no other new games in there. 2 games being restored in there though. I do appreciate the good luck wishes however.

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think he is just saying that since you claim to like the game you must only be doing it to drive up the price of other NIB ones that you are holding hoping they will increase in value.
Not sure how he got to that but he seems to have a pretty vivid imagination when it comes to The Beatles pin. It seems to really get him upset for reasons that I'm sure also make a lot of sense. Enjoy your game and don't worry about the petty haters. Life is short, buy and play what you like.

Boy, if people really think they can help their machines hold value by posting on internet forums they've got some issues. Definitely not what I was intending. Lol. Every game I buy I assume is worth $1k (or more) less after opening the box. My sales history on some newer titles will back that up. And, trust me, Debbie Downer here has zero effect on what I buy or enjoy. I come on here for entertainment and that's what these posts are. I'm sure we would have a beer and enjoy each other just fine.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

my guesstimate is that after about a year, this pin will be 4K

Good lord man. $4k!!! At least be reasonable with your arguments and projections. As others have said, there is absolutely no historical data to show that this is in the realm of possibility. Especially for a game that get good reviews for those that play it. I mean, we could debate if you thought $6k or so but $4k is laughable for this game.

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s not just the saturation from the mfg’s putting tons of games out but there are barcades and pinball bars opening all over the US and makes them much more accessible to the average person without having to buy. Now while they are introducing new people to the hobby but I’d bet the number that actually buy a new game is pretty small in the big picture.
Only us addicts bring collections into our homes! Lol

Met two newbies last week in a great barcade in Dallas. They got exposed to pinball at the barcade. Both of them have NIB games on the way to their homes . One of them a POTCLE which also happens to be at the barcade. Don’t think we can assume the availability of machines in the barcades is going to slow the growth of home sales

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far?tu=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.