Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 5 years ago

Hmm...25k on the market, or a Beatles pin. I give it 50/50.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

....and get yourself a hotdog!

who can afford a hotdog at these prices!?

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Paul is 76 and Ringo is 78. The last album was 1970. The Beatles club skews old. My mom is 74, was a huge Beatles fan, but would rather listen to Bruno Mars style pop these days.
However, nursing homes and assisted living facilities have rec rooms and it would be a really cool thing to have there. There are over 30,000 of these facilities in the US. If each bought one pin - just 1 - this will be bigger than TAF!!!
You heard it here first.

Subsidized pinball machines for nursing homes....hmmm, you might onto something...

Additionally how long until we see these pop up on Ebay for $100k

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have good relationships with several distributors and I have gotten called before on Batman66, and I felt like it was an honor that someone valued my business and reached out to me. At the end of the day, if they are overpriced-they will sit. Prices may need to be adjusted to sell-time will tell. What everyone keeps overlooking is the theme potential. I can't think of many people that would not want a Beatles pinball. The universal attraction will sell them, at what price-TBD.

You are correct about people wanting a Beatles pin. The question is do they want THIS Beatles pin, and so far..much of it is a resounding no. That being said....that's pretty much the status quo for almost every new pin coming out until people get their hands on it so time will tell.

#144 5 years ago

Has there been any indication if there are actual differences in the tiers? Or are you just paying for a serial number?

#157 5 years ago

They missed the Unobtanium Tier, which is a set of 4 unique artwork pins. One for each member. Collect them all!

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

zablon, no that is a 5 machine set, You have a 1 in 5 chance of getting 3 Beatles machines and a Yoko machine to break up the set.

Hah! Funny, I almost put something similar.

#257 5 years ago

Stern just released photos of the newly added bronze tier. I think this fits into many more peoples budgets.

beatlespin (resized).jpgbeatlespin (resized).jpg
#267 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lmao so true Frax
Gotta love all these pinside macho alpha males running into the forest with nothing but a loin cloth and a spear and emerging with a blood-drenched Jackbot.
Showing us how it’s done!!

You got that all wrong. Loincloths are offensive and objectify the <insert 1 of 57 genders here> wearer.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Biff: I'll take "Technology from the last Decade" for $200
Alex: An online news and social networking site that has ruined society.
Biff: What is Twitter?
Alex: Correct.

ftfy

1 week later
#427 5 years ago

My favorite part of that ebay ad is:

COMES WITH THE FOLLOWING
- Flippers
- Lights
- Sounds
- Fun
- Guaranteed Collectible Status!!!

...that must make better pins better than collectible. All our games just tripled in value. Except you WWE owners.

4 weeks later
#586 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Regarding the pinball makers quality control issues.
Way back in the 70s, it was (not necessarily common knowledge) that you should not buy a car that was built on a Monday or a Friday. Indeed, some of the larger car dealers would be able to get their cars that were built on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. The reasoning was that on Mondays all of the line workers were hungover from a weekend of hard partying and on Friday they were in the mindset of "getting the hell out of here and go partying. Quality suffered on Mondays and Fridays.
Another item to consider was to never buy the first newly designed cars coming off of the line because the factory did not know how to build them, yet. Working a new design on the line is a learning process. And the first units being worked always had a lot of bugs. I saw this first hand when I was building airplanes. I was on a line with a brand new plane coming down the line. For the first few planes, we spent half of our time fixing fuck ups.
Somehow, I don't think the pinball build industry is much different.

I still go by this, same with pinballs. Factories are factories - and I used to work in one.

1 week later
#625 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Proven ever so true by the market salivating over a 50 year old black and white TV show with lame "network safe" jokes that only ran 2 seasons.

LOL. I was thinking this but didn't want to troll that thread. They keep talking like it is going to be amazing, when the reality is it could just as easily be the next GB.

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I don’t know how well they’re selling. But it is a great pin to play.
I consistently keep going back to it, and can’t stop playing.

As long as you like it that is all that matters.

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can talk all the shit you want about Ghostbusters, but GB would improve your collection tremendously if you had one.

In all honesty, I'm only echoing what's been said here over and over. I've played it and I don't mind it. Even considered buying it. Even so, the general consensus really sounds like most people don't like it.

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's not really true at all. Some people at stern have hinted at it being one of their better sellers. They sold a lot of them because in general people like the game. People that are not willing to tweak a game are going to hate it, for tournaments it's pretty unbalanced right now and not fun, people that like easy games are going to hate it. People that enjoy a hard game that is loaded with features (maybe more so than any stern for the premium/le) seem to really enjoy it. It is loaded with mechs and unique things that are only in that game. It has great art, great sound package wit custom call outs, loaded with toys and mechs, unique layout, etc. What you see on pinside is the vocal minority which screams the loudest.
You just need about 2-4 hrs of tweaking and $100 in add ons to get it playing right. If it's too brutal add the plastic set with the center post. If stern can get the code updated and balanced a little it is absolutely one of their best games package wise. Some people will always hate it because it's so different. The same people often whine about every new fan layout that comes out though.

Fair enough, but I think many of you get so wrapped up in defending "X" that you miss actual points. Pick any game you can't stand and realize any new upcoming game could suck to you as much as that one.

#669 5 years ago

A bunch of 50-70 year olds arguing over toys. Priceless first world problems.

Anyway, much of the complaints about price is that what you are seeing from this title alone is higher cost for less game. You can try to compare them to the CGC releases and even JJP, but in the end, THOSE games still offer more for the same price or less than this game. This game is ALL theme, and some will like it, some will hate it. The fear is that this will set a precedent. Oh look what we can get away with, let's try to sell an EM game with LCD's and a new art package for $10k next! Realistically 12k for a pinball machine makes this no longer a hobby (as has been stated). Just a rich mans game. It will eventually kill it for good, unless prices get under control. You can pretend this isn't an issue because who would have thought people would pay more than $4k for a machine 20 years ago right, but there is a limit. You aren't going to sell as many at 10k as you would at 5k. What would eventually happen is a handful of games coming out at astronomical prices. The current price structure and scheduling is not sustainable with each new release creeping up in price.

I'm not complaining about prices, or this game, just trying to be realistic. Myself, I'm glad I can afford these things currently - 20 years ago I'd never imagine paying 8k for a pinball machine - let alone having the money to do it. That being said, you either want to give more people access to pinball machines, or you want to make as fast a profit as possible. You can't have both at these prices. Barcades are BARS. Bars go under constantly because they rarely make money. You think those places can afford 8k-12k constantly to rotate in new games? This resurgence is going to be shortlived unless someone comes in and shakes things up. Do I question this specific pin and what they are trying to accomplish? Sure, but at the end of it - this pin isn't for pinheads. This is a collectors pin for a Beatles lover (and very hardcore pinheads). I do not think very many of these will get resold until the owners die or go into an old folks home. If this pin doesn't represent the future, great - they make some money to keep them going. The problem is...that isn't usually how companies work. Typically when something like this is successful, they milk it.

EDITED many times :p

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let's be fair- you can get into this hobby for 500 bucks. Or 900 bucks! That Dracula you have for sale is a fantastic deal.
If it's a "rich man's hobby" for someone, they need to adjust their expectations of what pinball is all about. My first game was 350 bucks, and I'm sure that's true for many folks!

You aren't wrong, but the games have to come from somewhere. Someone has to buy them NIB first. Talking about EM's and old SS's really isn't the issue in this day because even though they've went up in price, they are still as you say something someone can get into, but at some point someone had to buy those brand new to even be able to sell them used. The issue is the NIB prices. Eventually I think new pins will bring older pin prices down, not sure when that would happen though. There will be a saturation point. One cannot continue to add to their collection easily (well most of us lol).

#674 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

It already is. Despite pinball being relatively "hot" right now, it is a tiny market. The only way for these companies to say alive is to charge more. Due to the age group of pinball collectors on Pinside being older, they are remembering past prices.
Those days are dead.
The simple cold truth is that NIB pinball is a rich man's game, and no amount of bitching and complaining is going to change it.
If you have means, you are going to be able to continue buying NIB. If not, you are shut out of this space.
This does not make it right or wrong. It is just the reality of the situation.

I'm not suggesting we are going back to 4k NIB prices, but they need to peak somewhere. This hobby is unique in that it's not a baseball card that can be stashed in a box, it takes quite a bit of room, it's also a 'toy' not a necessity. There are so many roadblocks to being in it, that the numbers are already small. I truly think that even though our generation is the key to the resurgence right now, to get younger people in the hobby is going to require rethinking the old dated marketing, rather than just increasing prices until only a handful of people can afford them. Even those people will stop buying at some point. The economy was booming for a few years and we are getting ready to crash hard. I don't think the pinball enthusiast market can shoulder 4-5 pinball companies selling their machines for 8-12k for very long.

#680 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you want prices to stagnate or fall, QUIT TRYING TO GET MORE PEOPLE INTO PINBALL.
I'm not joking.

That wouldn't work either. Prices went up the last time that happened and got us to where we are now.

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I saw prices fall into where a WH20 or DrWho was $700 any any classic Bally like Xenon was $300
That's when all these rich guys were NOT into pinball.

Pfft $300. I paid $185

What you are saying though, only really works if companies are still making games. Once they aren't making games, the prices go up. Kind of a catch 22. Maybe we need less rich people >

#689 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Huh...good question. Well I bought my first game in 2007, so that wasn't the bottom floor but shit was still cheap then. I bet Vid could tell you 2003 or 4 might have been the lowest point? Not sure I was out of the game by the end of 2000.
So I think the "man-cave" revolution was already in full swing by then.
I would think the huge spike started with WOZ in 2013...where are all our pinside nerds with the graphs to show us the price increases?

Prices were already steadily increasing in the used market by 2004. That is when I decided I wasn't going to buy any more the first time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far?tu=Zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.