Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#703 5 years ago

Aftermarket lights do light it up, but the candy cane effect isn't wonderful. Do you have to pull those lights off to raise the playfield ? That would be a big drawback to me. Real mixed feelings on those. Still think I'd try additional spots on a game if it's dark in an area.

Room lighting plays into the equation too. If the room is lit decent extra lights usually not needed on most games.

Maybe somebody comes up with something new or better in the future for supplemental lighting.

2 weeks later
#776 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yellow submarine based on the psychedelic cartoon would translate 1 billion times better!

A reasonable price on Gold Editions would translate to more sales.

#779 5 years ago

You love your game and that's fine. You ponied up the money. That's good too. I'm sure its a fun player.

But the sales for Gold editions have been very lackluster. Interest has been very slow after the initial sales. A good deal of that has to do with the price.

#780 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If so (and sales are so dismal as folks suggest), why would a Stern distributor have a Gold Edition listed for 10k on Amazon?
amazon.com link »

Only the uniformed would buy at 10K from an Amazon site.

At the normal 8K list retail these are just sitting in regular dealers stock. Street price for the Golds is actually about $7600 give or take delivered. Way over what the majority of the market will pay. The initial sales were spotty and now it's down to a real slow burn.

It's not so much about theme, content or execution of the game, it's dollars. The game is not selling well.

Personally I would have a hard time paying normal Pro money for one. I'd maybe consider it at that price level, but even then there are many other choices I would probably give more consideration to.

Would I like to play one - You bet. Would I buy one - No.

#782 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The real test will be how the Beatles does against WOF in a senior center.

I hope they have a Wheel Of Fortune pin when I make it to the Senior center. Played one awhile back and enjoyed the game.

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Distributors can sell the Golds for any price they want. What price do you think would clear them of all their holdings of the Gold edition?

Distros can not go below Stern minimums on the Golds. They can sell the Diamonds and Platinums for what ever they like. If they buy a ten pack and sell their Diamond and Platinum typically they have been sitting with most of the Golds.

I think sales of the Golds would do much better as close to typical Pro pricing as Stern could get. But that is not where the price is at. That is the issue.

#785 5 years ago

Sales are poor, plain and simple. Anybody can put even more inflated prices and put it online. That doesn't mean it will sell for that.

Enjoy your game snaroff. I am not dissing anybody that bought the game at whatever price.

The thread topic is how bad are Beatles sales. My opinion is they are not doing very well. I base my opinion on two private conversations I have had with two very reputable distributors. The games are not moving. Sales have been subpar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

10,282 (OBO)
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.