1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 899 posts
  • 234 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Aussiepinwiz
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg
monopoly01 (resized).jpg
images-1 (resized).png
1D0B4431-D7C4-4751-9F8A-C89D7059E020 (resized).jpeg
9378FEC3-EBA2-4F80-9244-CA92BCFE1B65 (resized).jpeg
D7F2F65C-F419-47EE-A491-A387537544A6 (resized).jpeg
60149EA7-103F-48D2-AB27-67425254AA00 (resized).jpeg
EEB184A8-D22F-430B-A45D-D168B70D6403 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aussiepinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#458 1 year ago

Can we get back to arguing about the question on this thread?

How bad are Beatles sales so far?

It appears this is the first Stern title to completely sell out within a week of release.
They've been sold to distributors who have bought what they know they will sell, if not immediately, soon after.

Are there any "alternate facts" out there?

Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
#519 1 year ago

Well that's all very interesting ... but back to the question on this thread ... just how BAD are BEATLES sales so far?

Unknown-4 (resized).jpeg
#527 1 year ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Stern is sold out to distributors, which happens with most every new release

When was the last title that was sold out to distributors within a week of release? And not just the top model (LE or equivalent) but all models?

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Both halves are sold out. You've been told this multiple times.

So, given that's a fact ... back to my question:

When was the last title that was sold out to distributors within a week of release? And not just the top model (LE or equivalent) but all models?

1 month later
#616 11 months ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Is it overpriced for what is in the game? Probably so. But then again, nothing is over priced that is selling successfully and I believe that this guy is

Great photo. I can feel your anticipation and excitement.
Congrats.

Isn't every popular or sought after pin overpriced?

The market sets the price. If they are selling, they aren't over priced.

#654 11 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

IMO you will definitely see a decent amount of these on the secondary market sooner rather than later.

Just like most games manufactured this century?

Gold, Platinum or Diamond?

#690 10 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I am a firm believer that saturation is here. Newbs are going to see KILLER DEALS in the next five years. Prices will be absolutely tanking in ten. I was going to sell everything to make a good profit, but then I came to my senses: I would be a shell of a man without my collection. I’ll take the hit for the fun.

Saturation? Is 'Peak Pinball' finally here?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/peak-oil-peak-pinball/page/2

The poll of Pinsiders in the above thread from 5 years ago suggested 51% of the respondents thought Peak Pinball would be reached by 2015. They were wrong. Another 11% thought it would be reached by 2020.

We will hit saturation, globally, if new people aren't regularly introduced to pinball. In Australia, the number of pinball competitions, and the numbers of enthusiasts competing in them, has been rising rapidly over the last 4 year, and will be bigger again in 2019. If saturation is coming, it won't be starting in Australia.

images-1 (resized).png
1 week later
#742 10 months ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

There are not enough wealthy people that are into pinball to support the hobby. Sure, you can point out a lot of examples of this rich person or that rich person. But how many of them will consistently buy new, overpriced machines? How many of them are pinball collectors? Probably not as many as you'd like to think. Middle class, older men support the bulk of the NIB purchases.

The poor look at the so called Middle Class and think they are the rich!
Let's face it, a pinball machine is a luxury. NIB they are ALL very expensive, and unaffordable for 95% of the world's population.

Pinball manufacturers aren't in business to supply luxury toys to everyone on the planet. They are expensive to make, plus they need to make a profit to stay in business. They are in business to make money not lose it. Unfortunately, for NIB buyers, that means high prices, for ALL NIB pins. If you think the price of Beatles is 'overpriced', whatever that means, then don't buy one. But those who don't buy one shouldn't begrudge those who do.

#781 10 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

A reasonable price on Gold Editions would translate to more sales.

What do you think a 'reasonable' price is for the Gold editions?

Since the Gold is exactly the same playfield as the other editions, and 350 people around the world have purchased the other editions at astronomical prices, what price should people be paying for the Platinum and Diamond?

Quoted from NoQuarters:

But the sales for Gold editions have been very lackluster. Interest has been very slow after the initial sales. A good deal of that has to do with the price.

Distributors can sell the Golds for any price they want. What price do you think would clear them of all their holdings of the Gold edition?

1 month later
#875 8 months ago

May we please get back to what this thread is about, and post all the other interesting thoughts on the other Beatles thread?

Anyone got any idea how sales are going?

Assuming there are no more Platinums and Diamonds for sale, have distributors sold half their Golds?
Nearly all their Golds?
Hardly any at all?

#888 8 months ago

As requested earlier, may we please get back to what this thread is about, and post all the other interesting thoughts, and complaints, on the other Beatles thread?

This thread is about SALES.

Any distributors out there sold all their stock yet or close to it?

2 months later
#896 6 months ago

The Australian distributor sold out several weeks ago.

They are now taking orders.
Presumably for a second run of Beatles Gold.

It seems these machines are selling. Perhaps slower than Stern originally hoped for.
When demand builds sufficiently they'll do second run.

Time will tell just how big that second run will be.

#899 5 months ago

Hot Toys, Stern's distributor in Japan, isn't listing any Gold editions on their website.
AMD, Stern's distributor in Australia, is currently taking orders for Gold editions.

Does anyone know if any distributors in Europe and Asia are also sold out, or have no stock of Gold editions, and are taking orders for a second Beatles production run?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aussiepinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside