Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Just to jump in on the bash wagon...I showed this to my wife who’s a Beatles fan and mostly indifferent to pinball and her immediate response was “This is shit. There’s so much cool stuff they could have pulled from, where’s the submarine or a walrus ball lock?” Me: “It’s a rethemed 80’s table but now it has magnets.” Her: “Lame...”

Same thing my wife said, then again she thinks all of my pinball machines are "lame" and "shit"

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tough but fair. And true! (Besides the “we love you” part)

Your ruined it with the edit. It was pure gold, now it's not even a Beatles gold

#203 5 years ago

Stern will sell every single one.

Gary and Joe are laughing all the way to the bank.

They will donate one to The Price Is Right and every great-grandmother will know of it's existence.

Stern Helpline: Hello Stern!
Great Grandmother: Will I be able to play the Beatles game in my Hoveround?
Stern: Good question! We indeed tested this exact scenario during development. If you are taller than 4' 8" standing, you will be able to play while riding your Hoveround.
GG: Fantabulus! Oh my. You know I saw the Beatles?
S: Really? In person?
GG: No, No, they were on the television. Our neighbor had one! I thought they were deviants with their long hair.
S: We kept it really tame for the pin. I assure you nothing will offend.
G: Wonderful. You know that Strawberry Fields was about sniffing girl's bicycle seats?!
S: Yes mam, I've heard that many times....

ddddasdfasdf (resized).jpgddddasdfasdf (resized).jpg
#204 5 years ago

My dad is a big Beatles fan, he has a bunch of memorabilia as well. I told him a Beatles pinball was coming out. He told me even if it’s 10k he wanted one. He doesn’t even collect pinball or know much about playing them he just wanted one. I showed him pics and told him the price he was like nope The game could’ve been done so much better he says. I had to laugh

#205 5 years ago

It's just a game. Maybe it will sell, maybe it won't. Stern takes a gamble on each machine and new pricing model. They haven't launched the game yet. Pricing will come in a few days. I feel confident that none of the Stern goals on this Beatles pin include "screwing the customer" or "making a giant fail".

#207 5 years ago

Just thought of something funny.

Let’s say your personal situation is this ... you own at least one pin and are looking to buy nib current pin. You feel Beatles is overpriced by (0-100%) and you don’t plan on buying one. Suggested prices for platinum and diamond edition seem stratospheric and you would surely never buy one. If this fits read on ...

Per leaked packaging sales strategy we know all models will cost distributors $7k. If ALL distributors agreed to sell their biggest customers their platinum edition for $7.6k (price of a gold edition), then every such big buyer would be getting the chance to buy the platinum for price of gold. Now if YOU were offered this deal - platinum Beatles pin for $7.6k, would you take it? I am thinking I would likely buy it, a platinum would be worth $7.6k. I feel sure it could resell for the same price or higher in the future if I tired of it.

So if you were like me in top paragraph, you would never have imagined owning a Beatles gold pinball machine, much less a platinum edition, have you changed your mind? There is a set of circumstances where I would buy a Beatles pin. I still wouldn’t buy a Beatles gold for $7.6k, but I now feel the platinum is worth it. Has Stern been playing Jedi mind tricks with me? Unfortunately I don’t anticipate having an opportunity to this deal, but the fact is it COULD happen.

I don’t think the pin will sell well to end buyers (<1k made) and definitely not many to Pinsiders.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you haven't watched this yet, do it now, one of the best laughs I've had in a while!
What i really want to know and get clarified is the pronunciation of "Crazy Levi"
Since you are buddies with Kman Levi why is he always calling you "Levy"?

That’s great.

I made a Hitler with a Hilton mention.

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1152442/Beatles-Pinball-

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Just to jump in on the bash wagon...I showed this to my wife who’s a Beatles fan and mostly indifferent to pinball and her immediate response was “This is shit. There’s so much cool stuff they could have pulled from, where’s the submarine or a walrus ball lock?” Me: “It’s a rethemed 80’s table but now it has magnets.” Her: “Lame...”

Most women can identify shit or shit dressed nicely and call it out.

Their BS meter, most of the time, is very strong.

#212 5 years ago

‘All we need is L...... a nine ball remake, da da da da da’

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

‘All we need is L...... a nine ball remake, da da da da da’

Harry Potter

#214 5 years ago

I was with you at paragraph 1 but you totally lost me at paragraph 2.
You feel Beatles is overpriced and dont plan on buying one. Yep, me too.
Then you want to buy one if you can get a platinum for 7.6k BECAUSE YOU COULD RESELL IT.
I hate this. I have a genuine interest and love of pinball and I HATE that's become a flipping game for profit.
Besides why would the re-seller give you a deal on a platinum/diamond so you could make profit? They'd want to make it too, as its there BUSINESS.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Just thought of something funny.
Let’s say your personal situation is this ... you own at least one pin and are looking to buy nib current pin. You feel Beatles is overpriced by (0-100%) and you don’t plan on buying one. Suggested prices for platinum and diamond edition seem stratospheric and you would surely never buy one. If this fits read on ...
Per leaked packaging sales strategy we know all models will cost distributors $7k. If ALL distributors agreed to sell their biggest customers their platinum edition for $7.6k (price of a gold edition), then every such big buyer would be getting the chance to buy the platinum for price of gold. Now if YOU were offered this deal - platinum Beatles pin for $7.6k, would you take it? I am thinking I would likely buy it, a platinum would be worth $7.6k. I feel sure it could resell for the same price or higher.
So if you were like me in top paragraph, you would never have imagined owning a Beatles gold pinball machine, much less a platinum edition, have you changed your mind? There is a set of circumstances where I would buy a Beatles pin. I still wouldn’t buy a Beatles gold for $7.6k, but I now feel the platinum is probably worth it. Has Stern been playing Jedi mind tricks with me? Unfortunately I don’t anticipate having an opportunity to this deal, but the fact is it COULD happen.
I don’t think the pin will sell well to end buyers (&lt;1k made) and definitely not many to Pinsiders.

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Per leaked packaging sales strategy we know all models will cost distributors $7k. If ALL distributors agreed to sell their biggest customers their platinum edition for $7.6k (price of a gold edition), then every such big buyer would be getting the chance to buy the platinum for price of gold. Now if YOU were offered this deal - platinum Beatles pin for $7.6k, would you take it? I am thinking I would likely buy it, a platinum would be worth $7.6k. I feel sure it could resell for the same price or higher.

What if instead ALL distributors just agree to give me $1000, for being such a cool guy. "Hey Aurich, you made so many Pinside posts, have some money". If YOU were offered $1000 would you take it?

Seems about as likely a scenario. My PMs are open for anyone looking to hook me up. I promise I won't spend the money on a Beatles pin.

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

This pin is just not for us, Garry isnt aiming at us, he is making great bussiness decision and he is gonna make a lot of money for the company.
Whe allready are his custumors and we buy his great pins.
But he is also shifting focus to a bigger audience
Now he made a game for old beatle fans over the world who are collecting everything beately.
This is a pure brilliant company decision.
And will keep his company healthy with all other pinball company's around.
He may also enlarge the total pinball market in time by bringing in new pinball lovers this way.

True. They want to be a "lifestyle brand" not a "pinside brand". I hate this new pin but it will pull in people who never bought a machine before. Just like Supreme did. Just like Marvel marketing Deadpool. They want to branch out.

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

True. They want to be a "lifestyle brand" not a "pinside brand". I hate this new pin but it will pull in people who never bought a machine before. Just like Supreme did. Just like Marvel marketing Deadpool. They want to branch out.

If Marvel/Stern wanted to branch out Stern would have demanded in the agreement to make the Deadpool pin that a scene playing the pin or another Stern pin be in the movie....a huge miss by Stern.

Damn....I SHOULD BE IN MARKETING!!!

Stern... I will sue if you use that in a movie to promote a licensed pin you produced....stated for the record. Please consult me for consent of said marketing/license agreement idea for future releases. Can’t give my ideas away for free.

#218 5 years ago

I understand the branching out argument, and I respect people’s right to like whatever they like.....but why not make a pin that more people would like? Let’s say It takes the same resources to make two pins, pin a 5% of people would like, pin b 20% would like. If they cost the same resources...why would you make pin a? If you want to branch out and attract more people so they can continue as new ongoing customers, why would you make a pin that’s only relevant to the 60 plus crowd? Why not make one who’s theme spans a greater age group? Stern will sell out Beatles, I get that. But they have made far more off of met than they will ever on Beatles. My point is find today’s met. Beatles ain’t it.

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

... Besides why would the re-seller give you a deal on a platinum/diamond so you could make profit? They'd want to make it too, as its there BUSINESS.

I am operating under the assumptions 1) Beatles will not sell to Pinsiders and only a few will go to nonPinsiders. 2) with ten games per lot, dealers will have even less demand for the platinums and diamonds at inflated prices 3) in order to move some platinums, they might decide to sell them quietly at gold price but pretend they sold them for $15k 4) operators could sell the diamonds to Beatles fanatics.

I wouldn’t have a chance of being offered a deal on a platinum. But if dealers followed this approach, they’d sell more games than otherwise imo. Let’s say on average an operator can sell their 2 platinums at gold price, sell 1 diamond for $25k and two golds to new customers. This leaves 5 golds in their warehouse (with a cost basis of $22k or $4.4K each) collecting cobwebs. They could make money if they sold them, but where’s the customers with cash? You’d look on Pinside and see about five golds listed under collections in total, maybe 200 premiums and no diamonds.

#220 5 years ago

I find this very interesting.....on pinside there is little love for this game. People are coming forward saying distributors are reaching out to gauge interest. Take a hot title and you don’t hear people post they get a hot tip/good deal or are lucky enough to secure a LE. People keep that shit secret.

Very interested to play one with the mods made to the Seawich...but to be honest they can’t drop the price low enough for me to show this game any love from my wallet. No offense to the anyone that designed the game as they were probably very restricted in options. Will wait till release of all versions before I make a real opinion.

This game can’t buy my love that is for sure. At least at these speculative prices.

#221 5 years ago

This is a $3k game folks

#222 5 years ago

I'd trade my EBD for one, straight up.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s great.
I made a Hitler with a Hilton mention.
https://www.captiongenerator.com/1152442/Beatles-Pinball-

That was sooo great!! Loved it!

#224 5 years ago

take the same layout, put a CURRENT popular rapper or pop artist on it, and it would sell and it would earn on location. Regardless of any ones musical taste on this group, people who are age anything up to 34 would play it on location as they do all the other current top earning themes (deadpool, guardians, ghostbusters (still current relevant and even a 4 year old knows what it is.). That is the age group who drop the most coin on location. The top earning location sterns are top earning because of THEME first, not game play. Theme makes a "non technically a pinball" person approach a game. I wish someone would just take a chance.
Get someone interested besides men ages 45 plus. They are missing a huge huge potential market. Ariana grande, nicki minaj, Drake, Rihanna, selena gomez, post malone.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yeah, I'm really disappointed in the play modes. The LCD animations and sound are the absolute worst too.

Where can one see the animations?

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

serious question? Are you now employed by Stern or have an application in?

C'mon why snow, you know that those in high-level, executive positions don't "put in applications". They are recruited in by the Company or by an executive search firm such as Korn Ferry. You know, just like yourself.

#227 5 years ago
3E0527A9-0000-47F4-9A4A-2B70C17005A9 (resized).jpeg3E0527A9-0000-47F4-9A4A-2B70C17005A9 (resized).jpeg
#228 5 years ago

Don’t like Beatles move on.

Lots of pins on the market to buy.

Beatles will sell as there is an ass for every seat.

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

take the same layout, put a CURRENT popular rapper or pop artist on it, and it would sell and it would earn on location. Regardless of any ones musical taste on this group, people who are age anything up to 34 would play it on location as they do all the other current top earning themes (deadpool, guardians, ghostbusters (still current relevant and even a 4 year old knows what it is.). That is the age group who drop the most coin on location. The top earning location sterns are top earning because of THEME first, not game play. Theme makes a "non technically a pinball" person approach a game. I wish someone would just take a chance.
Get someone interested besides men ages 45 plus. They are missing a huge huge potential market. Ariana grande, nicki minaj, Drake, Rihanna, selena gomez, post malone.

Most people who listen to them are too young to have enough money to buy a pinball. There is a reason themes cater to older dudes.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

it would sell and it would earn on location.

How can it earn on location without a coin door rofl

#231 5 years ago

I've heard they are not selling. But they are also not for sale yet so that might explain the first part.

#232 5 years ago

I am 39, and have always liked the Beatles. I have been saving for a NIB pin, and with the rumors about this, I have been holding off on purchasing to see what this would look like. IMO, this is an incredible disappointment.

Yes, the license is extremely expensive, but when JJP is selling games like Pirates and Dialed In, I cant see how this game competes in 2018.

I have no doubt Stern will move these games quickly, but a recycled Seawitch with a magnet for the price they are seeking is outrageous. There are some licenses that pinball companies should not buy, and this is one of them

#233 5 years ago

The op for my local pinball bar promised to buy one as long as it has a proper coin door, so I’m excited to play it before deciding it’s a total turd.

I expect it’ll actually play nicely given the layout. And I don’t have to spend my own money. Everyone wins!

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

I cant see how this game competes in 2018.

TNA

#235 5 years ago

Is that supposed to have sound?

#237 5 years ago

I think there is a ton of BS going on here.

Over the last 3 days I reached out to 3 Stern distributors 2 of them being big fish not local to me regarding pricing and availability.

So far zero responses so either they don’t know yet or are selling like hot cakes. And yes, I’ve bought NIB from two of them in the past as well so I’m not a cold call.

When is the official info supposed to be released?

#238 5 years ago

Nov 6th

#239 5 years ago

I can't get the sound to work on my Iphone and Ipad.

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The fact that these are apparently already for sale and no one knows the actual prices kinda says it all.

A French distributor is selling the gold edition for 10800€.
It sounds bad for platinium and diamond edition

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

No one's bought any from me. I don't sell pinball machines though so maybe that's a factor.

117 positive rates! Wow!
I guess I missed the point. lol

#242 5 years ago

TNA is well built, and is a challenging game. The sound and music alone make it great, and the Scott Danesi ball locks are innovative and fun.

Maybe I’m being too hard on Seawitch, but I do wish Stern did something else with this pin. Maybe it’s not feasible with the cost of the license, but even at that, picking 1964 seems like a miss to me.

I’m sure this will be profitable; I just don’t believe this is a game that is advancing anything in pinball other than profits.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I can't get the sound to work on my Iphone and Ipad.

My wife had the same issue. Sound must not be compatible with Apple. Works fine on pc or android phone.
-Mike

#244 5 years ago

Would love a Beatles Gold but no way going above a Stern pro price.

Will wait for HUO.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

My wife had the same issue. Sound must not be compatible with Apple. Works fine on pc or android phone.
-Mike

Thanks. I believe you are right.
I also tried using a google chrome app and the sound still did not work on the IPad.

#246 5 years ago

It is for sale. I know of a single op who bought one (Gold) yesterday. He isn't excited about it, but he figured he would give it a try.

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It is for sale. I know of a single op who bought one (Gold) yesterday. He isn't excited about it, but he figured he would give it a try.

So what is the price?

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

So what is the price?

He didn't say and I didn't ask but knowing the distributor he goes through I'm sure he didn't pay the cheapest you can get it for.

#249 5 years ago

Oh boy I'd better hurry and order cause I needs one next to my SUPREME big time!

#250 5 years ago

Ok I'm not in on this but if they made a Nickelback oh boy I would pounce on that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far/page/5?hl=ready_player_one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.