Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.
#151 5 years ago

@jgentry, It’s my opinion, and I am allowed to have it, so why not stop trolling me, huh? And yeah, I know a whole bunch of pinheads here in AZ, OH, CO, CA, KY, MA, Germany, Norway, Spain, Italy, the list goes on... we like modern day pins, we play the older pins, but we prefer modern titles. Your opinion differs, so be it.

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Per the publicity announcement:
All models feature unique art packages and custom powder-coated armor. The 100 Diamond Editions are numbered, certified collectible and include a mirrored backglass. The 250 Platinum Editions are numbered and certified collectible.

And you're certifiably insane for buying one at $15K or whatever. So maybe you get another certificate for that.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Friends dont let friends buy Beatles pinball machines.

All you need is LOVE!

And by LOVE, I mean $7800.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

All you need is LOVE!
And by LOVE, I mean $7800.

that's a whole lotta love. no, wait. this is

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Has anybody else heard the following prices?
$15k for Platinum
$30k for Diamond
I’m being serious here. Heard this from a big buyer that was offered at these prices.

Supposedly Stern is allowing distributors to set their own prices on the platinum and diamond editions so those could be possible. They are only forcing the MAP on the gold edition.

#156 5 years ago

The problem with playing on location is you won't be able to really hear the music and that is easily the only good thing about this one.

#157 5 years ago

They missed the Unobtanium Tier, which is a set of 4 unique artwork pins. One for each member. Collect them all!

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Supposedly Stern is allowing distributors to set their own prices on the platinum and diamond editions so those could be possible. They are only forcing the MAP on the gold edition.

Does anyone know if distributors get Platinums and Diamonds for the same price as Golds?

I understand that distributors will probably not answer this, but has anyone else heard something?

#159 5 years ago

If the rumor is true that a distributor gets 7 Gold, 2 Platinum and 1 Diamond for $70K, you would think Gold's would be $7K, Platinum's $10K and the Diamond for $16K. That's $85K for the distributor or $1500 profit per game. Isn't that a little more than a distributor normally makes? I think they would sell at these prices.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Does anyone know if distributors get Platinums and Diamonds for the same price as Golds?

Rumor has it a 10 pack comes with 7 gold, 2 platinum and 1 diamond for $70,000.

#161 5 years ago

@zablon, no that is a 5 machine set, You have a 1 in 5 chance of getting 3 Beatles machines and a Yoko machine to break up the set.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

rumor is true that a distributor gets 7 Gold, 2 Platinum and 1 Diamond for $70K,

Beat me to it.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Based on the source, I feel fairly confident the $15k Platinum, $30K Diamond could be accurate.

Considering I thought the Diamond edition was going to be $50k, seems like a 40% discount at $30k is a bargain!

All I'm waiting for is the call from my distributor.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

zablon, no that is a 5 machine set, You have a 1 in 5 chance of getting 3 Beatles machines and a Yoko machine to break up the set.

Hah! Funny, I almost put something similar.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Not much to go wrong on this game as the playfield has very little on it!

you obviously have not maintained a Stern with drop targets. They have issues with single drops. I can imagine how the likely controlled drop target banks have been cost cut into a maintenance nightmare... PLan on just repinning all the connectors form the get go and replace all the plastic shelfs with the correct ones if you are gonna route it.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

If the rumor is true that a distributor gets 7 Gold, 2 Platinum and 1 Diamond for $70K, you would think Gold's would be $7K, Platinum's $10K and the Diamond for $16K. That's $85K for the distributor or $1500 profit per game. Isn't that a little more than a distributor normally makes? I think they would sell at these prices.

Well, I do belive this is more than a distributor normally makes based on conversations with a couple distros I’ve had conversations with. If the diamond goes for more than 16k as rumored, that is even more profit. Maybe the gold will be a little lower than 7k, my distro said there is a big conference call tomorrow where pricing should be locked in as well as other details.
I think 6.5-7k is the sweet spot for the gold. Just my opinion though.

#167 5 years ago
W-BISR-WD67 (resized).jpgW-BISR-WD67 (resized).jpg
#169 5 years ago

OMG...that is awesome....

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's like Gary always says:
“We don’t ask consumers what they want. They don’t know. Instead we apply our brain power to what they need, and will want”

This strikes me as somewhat ignorant and full of hubris. Does he really say that?
No wonder so many games are hit or miss.
How about some basic market research?
Most of the pinball friends I know have very strong ideas about what they like and what they look for in a game.
In five minutes my young adult children outlined a list of awesome design features and play modes that would have made a better Beatle-themed game.

#171 5 years ago

All I know is one thing, "certified collectible" needs to win an award for best BS pinball phrase of the year. Either that or new open box, lol.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

In five minutes my young adult children outlined a list of awesome design features and play modes that would have made a better Beatle-themed game.

Yeah, I'm really disappointed in the play modes. The LCD animations and sound are the absolute worst too.

#173 5 years ago

Biggest cash grab in pinball history.
But if I know anything about pinball collectors/investors
There will be more to come.

Too bad Stern knows the collector market is stupid with money. Slowly increasing prices with every release. Building cheaper and cheaper crap. And BM66 sealed the deal, and proved that business model.

The only things about this hobby I hate.
Nostalgic blinders to reality. And false inflation due to saying something is "limited"

If this sells, prepare to see even less innovation from the largest manufacturer.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

That actually makes some sense thinking about this particular situation.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Slowly increasing prices with every release. Building cheaper and cheaper crap. And BM66 sealed the deal, and proved that business model.

Bad Stern! Bad Stern!

Now when's that <insert personal grail theme here> coming out?

takemymoney (resized).jpgtakemymoney (resized).jpg
#176 5 years ago
south park 4 point plan 3 (resized).jpgsouth park 4 point plan 3 (resized).jpg
#177 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Why would you buy a machine you know little about and have barely seen play? "

You realize your on pinside right?

#178 5 years ago

I’ve stopped buying Stern nib at least for around 4 years (STLE and IMVE time).

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

No wonder so many games are hit or miss.

It's been that way since the dawn of pinball.

Some games flop like Spectrum, and some blow up, like Time Warp.

Who would have guessed that Williams would have sold 9,000 Time Warps???

Quoted from bkaelin:

How about some basic market research?

Stern knows they will sell every single Beatles pin. Every one.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

Perfect!!!

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Are you currently drawing a paycheck from Stern??!??!!

Or just not a moron?

hard to tell around here these days!

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's been that way since the dawn of pinball.
Some games flop like Spectrum, and some blow up, like Time Warp.
Who would have guessed that Williams would have sold 9,000 Time Warps???

Without a doubt

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you currently drawing a paycheck from Stern??!??!!
Or just not a moron?
hard to tell around here these days!

Yes, Gary is paying me to criticize his products on a public forum.

It's the secret to Stern's success.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

jgentry, It’s my opinion, and I am allowed to have it, so why not stop trolling me, huh? And yeah, I know a whole bunch of pinheads here in AZ, OH, CO, CA, KY, MA, Germany, Norway, Spain, Italy, the list goes on... we like modern day pins, we play the older pins, but we prefer modern titles. Your opinion differs, so be it.

Your opinion is fine, state it however you want and as often as you want. Stop saying we and speaking for others though as you have no clue what you are talking about or what others like. It's ridiculous for you to say that we like modern pins in AZ, OH, CO, CA, KY, Germany, Norway, Spain, Italy, and the list that goes on.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yes, Gary is paying me to criticize his products on a public forum.
It's the secret to Stern's success.

How DID they manage to sell 9,000 Time Warps? It's an awful game.

I guess the success of Flash coupled with a good sell on the Banana flippers gimmick was enough to move them?

I can't imagine that thing earned. As an aside, it's the first pinball game I remember playing, in Chinatown NYC. Can't forget the bananas.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can't imagine that thing earned.

Time Warp earned, and that's why ops kept buying them.

At the final end of the production run, they were shipping them with standard flippers, and those did not earn as well.

Disco Fever sold over 6,000 units, with a much crapier layout (and theme), but again, I think the curved flippers attracted players who otherwise would have walked by without dropping a coin.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Time Warp earned, and that's why ops kept buying them.
At the final end of the production run, they were shipping them with standard flippers, and those did not earn as well.
Disco Fever sold over 6,000 units, with a much crapier layout (and theme), but again, I think the curved flippers attracted players who otherwise would have walked by without dropping a coin.

Then why do you reckon they stopped producing these games?

We all know sales doesn't always equal coin drop. TZ didn't earn. Popeye didn't earn. I'm sure there are more examples. (Disco Fever maybe?)

Maybe Williams was happy with their returns on the banana flipper experiment and decided not to push it.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Then why do you reckon they stopped producing these games?

There was only so much room on the production lines.

The moment euro orders started to slow, that was the signal to start gearing up for the next game.

The next games after TW had voice (like Gorgar and Xenon) so it probably was better business to push the more expensive games.

The distributors were excited about Gorgar, and were even giving away records with Gorgar talking.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There was only so much room on the production lines.
The moment euro orders started to slow, that was the signal to start gearing up for the next game.
The next games after TW had voice (like Gorgar and Xenon) so it probably was better business to push the more expensive games.

I meant, why do you reckon they stopped designing new Banana games if the old ones were selling and earning? I suspect they were getting operator/distributor feedback that they weren't earning. Maybe they did for a short while till the novelty wore off?

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I meant, why do you reckon they stopped designing new Banana games if the old ones were selling and earning? I suspect they were getting operator/distributor feedback that they weren't earning. Maybe they did for a short while till the novelty wore off?

Hard to say, they were earning for us.

But Multiball was coming around (probably be too easy with the curved flippers), and the new flipper mechs came out that were not compatible with the curved flipper's shafts either.

It was fun while it lasted....

#191 5 years ago

This pin is just not for us, Garry isnt aiming at us, he is making great bussiness decision and he is gonna make a lot of money for the company.
Whe allready are his custumors and we buy his great pins.
But he is also shifting focus to a bigger audience
Now he made a game for old beatle fans over the world who are collecting everything beately.
This is a pure brilliant company decision.
And will keep his company healthy with all other pinball company's around.
He may also enlarge the total pinball market in time by bringing in new pinball lovers this way.

#193 5 years ago

Tough but fair. And true! (Besides the “we love you” part)

#194 5 years ago

Pinballs as high dollar collectible items do not work....look at the new Kiss pin.... did not sell well to Kiss collectors that are not into pinball already. If it was that desirable value of LE’s would be on the upswing and they are not.

I have lots of friends and co-workers that that think it’s awesome I have games. Then they say I might be interested..how much does one cost they ask. When I tell them they have one of 3 responses:

1. My wife would kill me if I spent that much.

2. I don’t have room....really an excuse they don’t have that much money to spend usually.

3. Are there cheaper older games?

These may in fact sell but not to anyone that wants true rare/desirable games or games with modern full features.

Yeah....so many better things they could have done with this theme but licensing may have prevented that. It is what it is.

It’s good thing I have the choice not to buy it.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

Except in this case it was...

...and optional Step 5 could be continue to bitch.
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you obviously have not maintained a Stern with drop targets. They have issues with single drops. I can imagine how the likely controlled drop target banks have been cost cut into a maintenance nightmare... PLan on just repinning all the connectors form the get go and replace all the plastic shelfs with the correct ones if you are gonna route it.

You obviously can’t take a joke! All good!

#197 5 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#198 5 years ago

If you haven't watched this yet, do it now, one of the best laughs I've had in a while!

What i really want to know and get clarified is the pronunciation of "Crazy Levi"

Since you are buddies with Kman Levi why is he always calling you "Levy"?

#199 5 years ago

While I welcome ANY new pin, and I love seawitch as a early solid state...this pin is a curious choice.
This will be a whiff for gen-x who dislike anything their parents like. It will be a whiff for millennials, who may not even heard of the Beatles. That’s two generations and a crap ton of money who will have no interest in this game. As has been stated by others before the generation who would like it are downsizing and figuring out if they will need to work at McDonald’s in retirement. Gary may be showing his age.....

#200 5 years ago

Just to jump in on the bash wagon...I showed this to my wife who’s a Beatles fan and mostly indifferent to pinball and her immediate response was “This is shit. There’s so much cool stuff they could have pulled from, where’s the submarine or a walrus ball lock?” Me: “It’s a rethemed 80’s table but now it has magnets.” Her: “Lame...”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
10,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethesda, MD
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far/page/4?hl=dragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.