Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.
#601 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

I have a Beatles and wanted to ask a question to other owners . It seems the transition from the trough up is too steep and bumpy to get the top skill shot . It needs a smoother transition . New code out so looks like we will get updates .

If your referring to the skillshot through the pop bumpers, I’m able to to that quite easily on mine. Not sure I see the issue.

On another note, what the hell is the 4th hidden super duper skill shot?

#602 5 years ago

I’m a Stones fan, so Beatles are out by default. Even if I were a fan, this machine falls well below The Stones Pin. And we all know how bad that is.

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I’m a Stones fan, so Beatles are out by default. Even if I were a fan, this machine falls well below The Stones Pin. And we all know how bad that is.

Stones pin is fun when you learn how to play it. Swap a couple songs out via pinball browser and your set!

Can’t wait to see them this June, just dropped 1600 on good seats a couple weeks ago. For a bunch of dudes in their mid 70’s they can still bring it and deliver!

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

I have a Beatles and wanted to ask a question to other owners . It seems the transition from the trough up is too steep and bumpy to get the top skill shot . It needs a smoother transition . New code out so looks like we will get updates .

Try changing the pitch on it. Mine wasn’t smooth until I leveled it and dialed in the pitch.

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

For a bunch of dudes in their mid 70’s they can’t still bring it and deliver!

You do mean CAN. Don't you?

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Stones pin is fun when you learn how to play it. Swap a couple songs out via pinball browser and your set!
Can’t wait to see them this June, just dropped 1600 on good seats a couple weeks ago. For a bunch of dudes in their mid 70’s they can’t still bring it and deliver!

I only saw the stones once, 16 years ago. I thought for sure they must be near the end of their career then. Amazing that they're still going.

#607 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I only saw the stones once, 16 years ago. I thought for sure they must be near the end of their career then. Amazing that they're still going.

I saw them around 1991/92 , thought the same thing then!

#608 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You do mean CAN. Don't you?

Typo fixed! Sorry!

#609 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Very Good chance this is the last US tour.

#610 5 years ago

Stones have been around so long .... they’ve been a big influence on the Stones.

#611 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Amazing that they're still going.

Who would have thought that Keith Richards would outlive Prince, Bowie, and Steele ????

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Who would have thought that Keith Richards would outlive Prince, Bowie, and Steele ????

Yeah. And I just read that he has put the booze away and gone sober.

#613 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Still smoking like a chimney though!

#614 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's bad.

He'll be dead before year's end.

#615 5 years ago

Like most others, I was initially disappointed by the direction they chose with Beatles. It was a dream theme for me and just knew they would do a Sgt Peppers, Abbey Road or Yellow Submarine type theme and make it a kick ass modern layout. Swore there was no way in hell I would buy one despite my love for the band. Played it a little bit on location and, well, dammit!

IMG_4775 (resized).jpgIMG_4775 (resized).jpg

Is it overpriced for what is in the game? Probably so. But then again, nothing is over priced that is selling successfully and I believe that this guy is.

#616 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Is it overpriced for what is in the game? Probably so. But then again, nothing is over priced that is selling successfully and I believe that this guy is

Great photo. I can feel your anticipation and excitement.
Congrats.

Isn't every popular or sought after pin overpriced?

The market sets the price. If they are selling, they aren't over priced.

#617 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's bad.

The good news is keith's probably lying. It cannot be cheap to insure a Stones tour these days.

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The good news is keith's probably lying. It cannot be cheap to insure a Stones tour these days.

You oughta check out a documentary titled "Who the fuck is Arthur Fogal? He would sail right past an issue like this.

Lady GaGa and Rolling Stones sharing the stage? Arthur Fogal.

http://docuwiki.net/index.php?title=Who_the_Fuck_is_Arthur_Fogel

http://calendar.raindancefestival.org/films/who-the-fuck-is-arthur-fogel

#619 5 years ago

Still only 13 people admit to it in their collection.

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Still only 13 people admit to it in their collection.

I'm one of those 13. Not ashamed to admit that I own and like the game. Would I have bought it if I had a small collection? Probably not. My daughter is a huge Beatles fan - me not so much but after playing the game I really like it.

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

I'm one of those 13. Not ashamed to admit that I own and like the game. Would I have bought it if I had a small collection? Probably not. My daughter is a huge Beatles fan - me not so much but after playing the game I really like it.

I also have the Gold Model. I love it and expect to keep it for a very long time.

#622 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's bad.

Don’t worry. They’ll still tour.

EEB184A8-D22F-430B-A45D-D168B70D6403 (resized).jpegEEB184A8-D22F-430B-A45D-D168B70D6403 (resized).jpeg
#623 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Don’t worry. They’ll still tour.[quoted image]

When Charlie hangs it up, it’s over.

He is the bands glue.

#624 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Is it overpriced for what is in the game? Probably so. But then again, nothing is over priced that is selling successfully and I believe that this guy is.

Any proof of that success? I’d say no. They’ll be hard pressed to sell 1,964 of them without deep discounts..

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Proven ever so true by the market salivating over a 50 year old black and white TV show with lame "network safe" jokes that only ran 2 seasons.

LOL. I was thinking this but didn't want to troll that thread. They keep talking like it is going to be amazing, when the reality is it could just as easily be the next GB.

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Any proof of that success? I’d say no. They’ll be hard pressed to sell 1,964 of them without deep discounts..

I don’t know how well they’re selling. But it is a great pin to play.

I consistently keep going back to it, and can’t stop playing.

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I don’t know how well they’re selling. But it is a great pin to play.
I consistently keep going back to it, and can’t stop playing.

As long as you like it that is all that matters.

#628 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LOL. I was thinking this but didn't want to troll that thread. They keep talking like it is going to be amazing, when the reality is it could just as easily be the next GB.

You can talk all the shit you want about Ghostbusters, but GB would improve your collection tremendously if you had one.

#629 5 years ago

I know my distributor sold all three of their diamonds for $25k each. I know 4 other people (not including myself) that bought Golds in my small network of pinball peeps. I know that the game has exceeded expectations for many folks that didn't want to like the game (myself included). I also know that in my post above I said "I believe", so you can take your request for proof and shove it your arse.

#630 5 years ago

Any proof that they aren't selling?

#631 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

8-10 gold owners on pinside last week to 37+ as of this morning is a pretty good trend that they are selling in my opinion.

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Though not completely representative, you can look up the Owners tab for each model. Because it's also a recent release, and also has had a very polarized reception on Pinside, I'll also post the numbers for Deadpool. Keep in mind we don't know if people are doubling the counts if they both own a game but put it on location, so I'm going to list location games as a separate tally.

Game - Owners / Location

Beatles Diamond - 5 / 1
Beatles Platinum - 4 / 1
Beatles Gold - 22 / 15
Total - 31 / 17

Deadpool LE - 97 / 14
Deadpool Premium - 17 / 9
Deadpool Pro - 120 / 123
Total - 234 / 146

Obviously time works in DP's favor as well, but if you want to compare two recent releases, it's a starting point.

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can talk all the shit you want about Ghostbusters, but GB would improve your collection tremendously if you had one.

In all honesty, I'm only echoing what's been said here over and over. I've played it and I don't mind it. Even considered buying it. Even so, the general consensus really sounds like most people don't like it.

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Though not completely representative, you can look up the Owners tab for each model. Because it's also a recent release, and also has had a very polarized reception on Pinside, I'll also post the numbers for Deadpool. Keep in mind we don't know if people are doubling the counts if they both own a game but put it on location, so I'm going to list location games as a separate tally.
Game - Owners / Location
Beatles Diamond - 5 / 1
Beatles Platinum - 4 / 1
Beatles Gold - 22 / 15
Total - 31 / 17
Deadpool LE - 97 / 14
Deadpool Pro - 120 / 123
Total - 234 / 146
Obviously time works in DP's favor as well, but if you want to compare two recent releases, it's a starting point.

Do we really think most buyers internationally are sprinting to pinside with their pocket protectors and taped frame glasses to update their collections? Am I one of these? Yes I am.

#635 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In all honesty, I'm only echoing what's been said here over and over. I've played it and I don't mind it. Even considered buying it. Even so, the general consensus really sounds like most people don't like it.

That's not really true at all. Some people at stern have hinted at it being one of their better sellers. They sold a lot of them because in general people like the game. People that are not willing to tweak a game are going to hate it, for tournaments it's pretty unbalanced right now and not fun, people that like easy games are going to hate it. People that enjoy a hard game that is loaded with features (maybe more so than any stern for the premium/le) seem to really enjoy it. It is loaded with mechs and unique things that are only in that game. It has great art, great sound package wit custom call outs, loaded with toys and mechs, unique layout, etc. What you see on pinside is the vocal minority which screams the loudest.

You just need about 2-4 hrs of tweaking and $100 in add ons to get it playing right. If it's too brutal add the plastic set with the center post. If stern can get the code updated and balanced a little it is absolutely one of their best games package wise. Some people will always hate it because it's so different. The same people often whine about every new fan layout that comes out though.

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's not really true at all. Some people at stern have hinted at it being one of their better sellers. They sold a lot of them because in general people like the game. People that are not willing to tweak a game are going to hate it, for tournaments it's pretty unbalanced right now and not fun, people that like easy games are going to hate it. People that enjoy a hard game that is loaded with features (maybe more so than any stern for the premium/le) seem to really enjoy it. It is loaded with mechs and unique things that are only in that game. It has great art, great sound package wit custom call outs, loaded with toys and mechs, unique layout, etc. What you see on pinside is the vocal minority which screams the loudest.
You just need about 2-4 hrs of tweaking and $100 in add ons to get it playing right. If it's too brutal add the plastic set with the center post. If stern can get the code updated and balanced a little it is absolutely one of their best games package wise. Some people will always hate it because it's so different. The same people often whine about every new fan layout that comes out though.

Come on dudes. This is a Beatles thread.

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Do we really think most buyers internationally are sprinting to pinside with their pocket protectors and taped frame glasses to update their collections? Am I one of these? Yes I am.

It's a variable, but it's a variable for both. Therefore, the numbers above are probably sampled from those who are willing to share their collections, so if you look at it that way, it's a common factor.

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Game - Owners / Location
Beatles Diamond - 5 / 1
Beatles Platinum - 4 / 1
Beatles Gold - 22 / 15
Total - 31 / 17
Deadpool LE - 97 / 14
Deadpool Pro - 120 / 123
Total - 234 / 146

Beatles has literally been shipping for 1.5 weeks, not a fair comparison.

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

GB is an incredible pin, once you get it set up correctly with the protectors.

I’m the original owner of my LE. It’s one of my family’s favorite games to play. Everyone loves the theme and how loaded the playfield is.

It can be frustrating for people at first. But once you understand and learn the rules and Flipper gaps, it’s super fun to play.

Hopefully we can get a much needed code update to eliminate the inconsistent scoring and bugs. If Dwight finishes it, it’ll get a lot more respect that it deserves.

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Fair enough, but I think many of you get so wrapped up in defending "X" that you miss actual points. Pick any game you can't stand and realize any new upcoming game could suck to you as much as that one.

#641 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Beatles has literally been shipping for 1.5 weeks, not a fair comparison.

And I literally said...

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Obviously time works in DP's favor as well

It's the only data we have at this point. Unless your crystal ball is polished to the point where you can see who has it on order and/or will order, the only thing you can do is look at existing sales. Since Stern doesn't share that, people admitting to purchase is the ONLY data available.

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Love challenging games and I’ve put at least 100 games on gb. I dislike it more than any other stern that I can think of. Reviews show that many agree with me and many agree with you. Let’s just say that it is a polarizing machine. Beatles, because it is sea witch, will kill gb in my opinion. Gb just had an epic license.

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I know my distributor sold all three of their diamonds for $25k each. I know 4 other people (not including myself) that bought Golds in my small network of pinball peeps. I know that the game has exceeded expectations for many folks that didn't want to like the game (myself included). I also know that in my post above I said "I believe", so you can take your request for proof and shove it your arse.

Classy. What do you have 2 NIB sitting in your garage? Good luck!

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's not really true at all. Some people at stern have hinted at it being one of their better sellers.

Let's not forget that distributor's had to buy these in groups of 10, so as far as Stern is concerned, yeah it might be selling well. The real proof of how successful or not The Beatles project is, will be when all the Golds from the 10 packs are gone and if there is demand for the second run.

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Let's not forget that distributor's had to buy these in groups of 10, so as far as Stern is concerned, yeah it might be selling well. The real proof of how successful or not The Beatles project is, will be when all the Golds from the 10 packs are gone and if there is demand for the second run.

They only had to buy a 10 pack to get the diamonds and platinums.

There are distros selling just golds.

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

but they didn't

Quoted from Psw757:

They only had to buy a 10 pack to get the diamonds and platinums.
There are distros selling just golds.

Correct, I know several that didn't buy 10 packs.

#647 5 years ago

Classy. What do you have 2 NIB sitting in your garage? Good luck!

You come on here beating your chest about proof and such over an opinion I stated. You expect me to give you a foot massage? I have a small list of things that require being an ass over. You made it on the list. What are you talking about with 2 NIB in my garage? I unboxed a game in my garage and there are no other new games in there. 2 games being restored in there though. I do appreciate the good luck wishes however.

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

You come on here beating your chest about proof and such over an opinion I stated. You expect me to give you a foot massage? I have a small list of things that require being an ass over. You made it on the list. What are you talking about with 2 NIB in my garage? I unboxed a game in my garage and there are no other new games in there. 2 games being restored in there though. I do appreciate the good luck wishes however.

I think he is just saying that since you claim to like the game you must only be doing it to drive up the price of other NIB ones that you are holding hoping they will increase in value.

Not sure how he got to that but he seems to have a pretty vivid imagination when it comes to The Beatles pin. It seems to really get him upset for reasons that I'm sure also make a lot of sense. Enjoy your game and don't worry about the petty haters. Life is short, buy and play what you like.

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think he is just saying that since you claim to like the game you must only be doing it to drive up the price of other NIB ones that you are holding hoping they will increase in value.
Not sure how he got to that but he seems to have a pretty vivid imagination when it comes to The Beatles pin. It seems to really get him upset for reasons that I'm sure also make a lot of sense. Enjoy your game and don't worry about the petty haters. Life is short, buy and play what you like.

Boy, if people really think they can help their machines hold value by posting on internet forums they've got some issues. Definitely not what I was intending. Lol. Every game I buy I assume is worth $1k (or more) less after opening the box. My sales history on some newer titles will back that up. And, trust me, Debbie Downer here has zero effect on what I buy or enjoy. I come on here for entertainment and that's what these posts are. I'm sure we would have a beer and enjoy each other just fine.

#650 5 years ago

I can post with some experience on the game. Hung out with Todd at TNT a little earlier today, put about 4 or 5 games on his.

It’s definitely not much game for the price shot wise, and the magnet on the top of the orbit slows up gameplay a little. The spinner on the left near the pops is placed somewhat arbitrarily, as is the upper left flipper. I hope everybody gets an extra set of those drop targets near the left flip because they get pounded at point blank range.

I do like the spinning mech, game plays smooth and you can get the ball flying through the orbit. Still would be a tough sell for me at the price points.

Like Cserold said, for people that yearn for the theme or nostalgia, they will buy one. IMO you will definitely see a decent amount of these on the secondary market sooner rather than later.

Didn’t take much for me to beat the high score on this one with a few hundred plays logged on it already.

60149EA7-103F-48D2-AB27-67425254AA00 (resized).jpeg60149EA7-103F-48D2-AB27-67425254AA00 (resized).jpeg9378FEC3-EBA2-4F80-9244-CA92BCFE1B65 (resized).jpeg9378FEC3-EBA2-4F80-9244-CA92BCFE1B65 (resized).jpegD7F2F65C-F419-47EE-A491-A387537544A6 (resized).jpegD7F2F65C-F419-47EE-A491-A387537544A6 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far/page/13?hl=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.