Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg

There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Hey Paul, Is this you or is this Ringo.

If it were they would be contacting us .
S.P

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

I am looking to buy a diamond Beatles, if anyone can find one.
Thanks

whats the MSRP on the diamond?

#553 5 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving today everyone,Stuffing time is here!!!! Get Stuffed!

#554 5 years ago

Who knew Yoko had such nice chesticles!

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There are no politics on the rocketry forum.
When I said they were much less **conservative** than Pinside, I was referring to the overall welcoming and respect of other's ideas, even when much different than their own.

LOL, cause liberals just love hearing opinions they disagree with.

#556 5 years ago

Looking for Beatles diamond pin.
Anyone have one for sale ?
Thanks for ur help
Willing to pay top dollar

#557 5 years ago

Thanks for ur help

Top dollar.....
Pinballs.com?

#558 5 years ago

Thanks for ur help

Oh you will be paying top dollar I wouldnt encourage the fact

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Did he really say Pinside was conservative?? I think its totally opposite of that lol.

#560 5 years ago

There is no MSRP on the diamond, its at the dealers discretion. If you don't want this to happen again, get the GOLD.

Quoted from freddy:

whats the MSRP on the diamond?

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:whats the MSRP on the diamond?

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

There is no MSRP on the diamond, its at the dealers discretion.

he who has the 7 golds makes the rules.

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What would pinball be without the bitchiness?

WE ALL LOVE IT!

This reminds me of when I got out of Navy boot camp years ago. After boot camp it off to "A" school in Memphis. "A" school is where we went for training it what would be our field of work. Imagine 6000, 7000, 8000 horny young sailors away from home and all living together in the barracks. Most of us did not have a car.

For free recreation, we bitched. A lot. We bitched about this and we bitched about that. We bitched so much and for so long about nothing that way before my time in Memphis, the Navy had put up signs in many of the buidlings that said, " A bitching sailor is a happy sailor". I never know I could be so happy

Going with that maxim, there sure are a lot of happy people posting on Pinside. Especially with this Beatles stuff

#563 5 years ago

Regarding the pinball makers quality control issues.

Way back in the 70s, it was (not necessarily common knowledge) that you should not buy a car that was built on a Monday or a Friday. Indeed, some of the larger car dealers would be able to get their cars that were built on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. The reasoning was that on Mondays all of the line workers were hungover from a weekend of hard partying and on Friday they were in the mindset of "getting the hell out of here and go partying. Quality suffered on Mondays and Fridays.

Another item to consider was to never buy the first newly designed cars coming off of the line because the factory did not know how to build them, yet. Working a new design on the line is a learning process. And the first units being worked always had a lot of bugs. I saw this first hand when I was building airplanes. I was on a line with a brand new plane coming down the line. For the first few planes, we spent half of our time fixing fuck ups.

Somehow, I don't think the pinball build industry is much different.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can you imagine an actual Pinside circle jerk?
"Ugh.. You are doing it wrong!"
"Man you don't know the FIRST THING about jerking off."
"If you think THAT'S good technique, I feel sorry for your wife! How about some innovation? You are just doing the same old stroke!"
"This circle jerk sucks and is not worth the gas money I spent to get to this $40 an hour motel room."
"If this is the best you guys have to offer, you might as well stop jerking off altogether!"
"yeah, Great jerk off. Awesome. I can't wait till the deep root guys show up and bring something fresh and new to this circle!"

This might be the most accurate post on Pinside currently.

#565 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Way back in the 70s, it was (not necessarily common knowledge) that you should not buy a car that was built on a Monday or a Friday. Indeed, some of the larger car dealers would be able to get their cars that were built on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. The reasoning was that on Mondays all of the line workers were hungover from a weekend of hard partying and on Friday they were in the mindset of "getting the hell out of here and go partying. Quality suffered on Mondays and Fridays.
Another item to consider was to never buy the first newly designed cars coming off of the line because the factory did not know how to build them, yet. Working a new design on the line is a learning process. And the first units being worked always had a lot of bugs. I saw this first hand when I was building airplanes. I was on a line with a brand new plane coming down the line. For the first few planes, we spent half of our time fixing fuck ups.

The worst cars Detroit _ever_ built were during the 1968 World Series.

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm very Conservative, and I love fncking with people who's opinions disagree with mine.

Q: How do you make a Conservative angry?

A: Tell them there is a valid Centrist position that is neither Right nor Left.

Bahahahahahahahahahaha!

2SMD-PPC-2 (resized).jpg2SMD-PPC-2 (resized).jpg
#567 5 years ago

They are for sale.

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 3.42.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-23 at 3.42.34 PM (resized).png

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Who knew Yoko had such nice chesticles!

She does not have a nice anything. I would throw a shoe at my TV if I had to hear her talk again. Just another scumbag rich nutcase. I cannot wait to hear that she has Alzeimers someday.

#569 5 years ago

#570 5 years ago

So,that pin had a coin door!! I guess the higher end ones don't??? Unexpected,that was:::

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

She does not have a nice anything. I would throw a shoe at my TV if I had to hear her talk again. Just another scumbag rich nutcase. I cannot wait to hear that she has Alzeimers someday.

Well there must be a reason he blew everything, for her?

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well there must be a reason he blew everything, for her?

That's what witches do.

Does this urn make my ash look fat?Does this urn make my ash look fat?

#573 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's what witches do.
[quoted image]

Good point...

#574 5 years ago

Not sure how good or bad sales are overall, but the final count here looks like two operators went in on Beatles Gold pins. First one arrived today, second supposed to be here by Thursday for a different location.

For a little perspective on the local market, we currently have 10 Deadpool and 11 Iron Maidens and 16 Star Wars of all different versions on route.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Not sure how good or bad sales are overall, but the final count here looks like two operators went in a Beatles Gold pins. First one arrived today, second supposed to be here by Thursday for a different location.
For a little perspective on the local market, we currently have 10 Deadpool and 11 Iron Maidens and 16 Star Wars of all different versions on route.
[quoted image]

It looks right at home. Like it belongs there.

#577 5 years ago

(Original quote edited by mod team)

LOL, first post on Pinside.

#578 5 years ago

Played a Gold Beatles at an arcade last night. I had set my expectations way down, ready to give it an “F” grade. After playing a few games, it grows on you (a tiny amount). On this particular pin, the left flipper didnt align very well with the right orbit, so that was a really tough shot. The flippers loooked to be positioned correctly, so not sure what could be done to improve this. The opposite side was fine. During multiball at least 2 pinballs kept getting stuck together magnetized on the spinning disk. All in, fun for a couple plays and I’d give it a C minus grade (my .02).

#579 5 years ago

C- !!!!

About the same as say, SEGA Lost In Space.

#580 5 years ago

Pretty much sums up how I feel about Dialed In, what a turd. No I’m not being sarcastic.

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty much sums up how I feel about Dialed In, what a turd. No I’m not being sarcastic.

Ouch!

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So you prefer and enjoy having your Beatles gold over Dialed In? I can believe ya. Curious which you think is the better pin and by how much?

#583 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Everyone is allowed to disagree with the masses.

#584 5 years ago

It is a subjective matter but for me I just can’t get into the theme of dialed in and for some reason the game felt slow and flippers feel sloppy to me.

Woz and Potc fantastic. I dig the look of the Beatles machine, video content great, music sounds awesome for some reason as I pointed out on the other thread, ton of bass if you want it and not muddy hollow. Looks like small sub in the cabinet not sure.

So there you have it, 7.6k for Beatles or more for dialed in? I take the Beatles 8 days a week!

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It is a subjective matter but for me I just can’t get into the theme of dialed in and for some reason the game felt slow and flippers feel sloppy to me.
Woz and Potc fantastic. I dig the look of the Beatles machine, video content great, music sounds awesome for some reason as I pointed out on the other thread, ton of bass if you want it and not muddy hollow. Looks like small sub in the cabinet not sure.
So there you have it, 7.6k for Beatles or more for dialed in? I take the Beatles 8 days a week!

As with any machine, setup and code make a great deal of difference. In my opinion DI should be steep as hell to increase ball speed. The recommended angle is for senior citizens. The flippers are adjustable to taste. The theme is much better with the new callouts in the newest code. The original intended name "killer app" would have alleviated a lot of the the complaints, but jjp insists on content approved by the Vatican.

The debate over DI's merits is a dead horse, but compared to a sea witch remake, I'd say most are going to see dialed in as the clear winner.

That being said, if Beatles songs over sea witch makes yer bum hum, I say go for it.

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I still go by this, same with pinballs. Factories are factories - and I used to work in one.

#587 5 years ago

Thanks for ur help

Contact Mark Military at 412 389 7465. Henisnwitb RMD Sales and long time Stern Dist. Great guy. Tony

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I still go by this, same with pinballs. Factories are factories - and I used to work in one.

I think about factories and I think about the mistakes that we made as product was going down the line and realize the human element is always at work.

And then I get to thinking about hospitals, especially when I connect the dots and realize hospitals are mostly human element.

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I think about factories and I think about the mistakes that we made as product was going down the line and realize the human element is always at work.
And then I get to thinking about hospitals, especially when I connect the dots and realize hospitals are mostly human element.

True and medical malpractice is one of the highest death and further injury/illness causes. Unfortunately the human element at work again!

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep.

Wow, I had no idea that Elvis recorded so many very fast hits in the 70s !!!!!!!!!1

I can't believe that Stern could not chose 12 very fast songs from his 70s work!!!!!!

Here is every 70s single:

Boy u are way off, wheres suspicious mids, patch it up, polk salad annie, big boss man. next time you rebut maybe think about pulling ur head from ur own rebutt. Oh Yeah

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Boy u are way off, wheres suspicious mids

Great song, but at it's a string filled, midtempo drama, 115 bpm in fact.

I listed it in my post, #7 .

Quoted from Hazoff:

big boss man

Even a casual Elvis fan knows it can't be from the 70s, since he performed it on the 1968 Comeback Special.

Quoted from Hazoff:

next time you rebut maybe think about pulling ur head from ur own rebutt.

You did not even come close to finding 12 rocking Elvis singles from the 70s.

You are a total failure.

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You are a total failure.

#593 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Most people who listen to them are too young to have enough money to buy a pinball. There is a reason themes cater to older dudes.

someone who is 30 now was born in 1988. In 1988 rap/hip hop was starting to be king and still to this day is the number 1 selling music like it or not.
that goes with all people no matter their heritage.
i had 4 games by the time i was 15 that i bought so younger people buy games to. i was a paper route person at age 12 and did odd jobs and saved up enough money to buy stuff.
"young" people also influence their parents to buy titles they want. old dudes just don't buy to please themselves.
the factor i am most speaking of is location earning, and it doesn't matter if the old dude is 70 years old, if he wants to put a game on location that will earn well what does it matter what he likes as far as his buying wants?
Im not arguing that a 50 or 60 year old man is rushing out to buy a DRAKE pinball machine for his bachelor pad...lol

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

someone who is 30 now was born in 1988. In 1988 rap/hip hop was starting to be king and still to this day is the number 1 selling music like it or not.
that goes with all people no matter their heritage.
i had 4 games by the time i was 15 that i bought so younger people buy games to. i was a paper route person at age 12 and did odd jobs and saved up enough money to buy stuff.
"young" people also influence their parents to buy titles they want. old dudes just don't buy to please themselves.
the factor i am most speaking of is location earning, and it doesn't matter if the old dude is 70 years old, if he wants to put a game on location that will earn well what does it matter what he likes as far as his buying wants?
Im not arguing that a 50 or 60 year old man is rushing out to buy a DRAKE pinball machine for his bachelor pad...lol

Hip hop may be king, but the pinball market, including coin-op, is still mostly men that fart dust. Any theme that is too new, aside from general big box office licenses, will sell like a polished turd. Young ppl are prob 2% of the buying market and 15% of the coin-op market. The producers reflect the demand.

#595 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You did not even come close to finding 12 rocking Elvis singles from the 70s.

You are a total failure.

It doesn't have to be from the 70's ***. I'm not wasting anymore time with someone who knows nothing of the Big E and his music outside of what appears to be internet found stats.

#596 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It doesn't have to be from the 70's dickhead. I'm not wasting anymore time with someone who knows nothing of the Big E and his music outside of what appears to be internet found stats.

I liked Elvis ever since I was a little kid. I liked his movies. And his music. But the only Elvis song that would do anything for me on a pinball machine would be "Bosa Nova".

#597 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It doesn't have to be from the 70's dickhead.

Quoted from Hazoff:

70's Elvis has some very fast numbers

The only thing Pinsiders wanted was 12 very fast Elvis 70s singles

You let them all down; way down.

4486498277_2c5f94b792_b (resized).jpg4486498277_2c5f94b792_b (resized).jpg
#598 5 years ago

Stern Elvis was and is a great pin that always seems to get overlooked.

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Hip hop may be king, but the pinball market, including coin-op, is still mostly men that fart dust.

Proven ever so true by the market salivating over a 50 year old black and white TV show with lame "network safe" jokes that only ran 2 seasons.

#600 5 years ago

I have a Beatles and wanted to ask a question to other owners . It seems the transition from the trough up is too steep and bumpy to get the top skill shot . It needs a smoother transition . New code out so looks like we will get updates .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods
Hardware
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far/page/12?hl=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.