Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.
#501 5 years ago

E879020E-F126-4794-A7CF-763486B52581 (resized).pngE879020E-F126-4794-A7CF-763486B52581 (resized).png

#502 5 years ago

Stern, if you are reading this and I strongly recommend you NEVER read pinside, but if you are..........Beatles looks great! In fact all your games are great (WWE Wrestle mania aside - only joking). You've kept this industry alive and you should be proud. Keep up the good work, you have many, many fans!!!

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

All of them have some QC issues. These have not been your normal adjustment problems. These have been issues with the games not being built properly. I'm not sure why so many of you just want to give JJP a pass on that. It is what it is and they need to get it fixed. These are games that certainly were not play tested. It's hurting their sales and eventually is going to kill the company if they can't get over their new game build issues. I want JJP to succeed, they are good for pinball. I'd like a POTC but not until I can trust them to build it. I don't blink about buying a stern. I have much higher confidence in them building the game. I've owned all JJP games so far and ton of sterns.

That's great, maybe they have gotten things straightened out already. I only have 4 reference points and 3 were friends that all had major issues, and another was one opened for a show that only had the minor things that you would expect. The three that had issues had many of the same problems. Those were all build a month or more ago. Hopefully that is all we hear moving forward. Minor adjustments from shipping or just typical pinball stuff.

To be fair Stern games typically have less problems out of the box compared to JJP games as there's far less on them. What's there really to break on a Star Wars Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, or Guardians Pro? Not much. I do agree though that early build Pirates appear to be having more issues then normal. Broken wires, and major ship and spinning disk adjustments are not normal problems. Games with those issues should have been checked better at the factory. JJP will correct those early issues, as they have with all of their games. However, I would personally not buy any Stern premium or JJP game until at least 6 months after production has started as by then these early issues will have been caught and corrected.

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

To be fair Stern games typically have less problems out of the box compared to JJP games as there's far less on them. What's there really to break on a Star Wars Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, or Guardians Pro? Not much. I do agree though that early build Pirates appear to be having more issues then normal. Broken wires, and major ship and spinning disk adjustments are not normal problems. Games with those issues should have been checked better at the factory. JJP will correct those early issues, as they have with all of their games. However, I would personally not buy any Stern premium or JJP game until at least 6 months after production has started as by then these early issues will have been caught and corrected.

This time around it isn’t issues with toys and coils etc....

How about now being able to put legs on the machine out of the box whether grounding braids through brackets or burrs in the brackets that chew the threads right off the bolts? Minor yes, but you shouldn’t be expected to rethread everything on a 10k machine.

Missing parts for topper, lights not working properly in the Black Pearl lantern and nobody at JJP seems to know how to address this yet and there been other issues people are dealing with.

Luckily I didn’t have any of the broken wire issues but there are several who did.

I’m not knocking JJP, this is a great machine and I love it and have zero regrets but in all fairness, I have never seen anything remotely close to this on ANY other nib machine I’ve bought in the past.

Again these issues have absolutely nothing to do with their being more in the game, purely QC!

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No doubt that letting all of them build a bunch first is smart. But I don't really get the more to break arguments. It's brand new, it's supposedly tested, it should work pretty darn close to perfect. As a pinside tradition lets use a cargument. If you buy a base model do you expect it to work perfectly? If you buy the one with every possible add on that costs 20K more do you expect it to have issues because it has more stuff? They re both brand new, they should both work as intended. When you buy anything if you buy the highest item with more features do you expect less from it somehow because it does more things?

We need to stop giving all of these companies passes. For what they are charging we should have high expectations from all of them.

Plus I want JJP to get their shit together so I can buy a game, lol.

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No doubt that letting all of them build a bunch first is smart. But I don't really get the more to break arguments. It's brand new, it's supposedly tested, it should work pretty darn close to perfect. As a pinside tradition lets use a cargument. If you buy a base model do you expect it to work perfectly? If you buy the one with every possible add on that costs 20K more do you expect it to have issues because it has more stuff? They re both brand new, they should both work as intended. When you buy anything if you buy the highest item with more features do you expect less from it somehow because it does more things?
We need to stop giving all of these companies passes. For what they are charging we should have high expectations from all of them.
Plus I want JJP to get their shit together so I can buy a game, lol.

I hear ya, good points. If pinball companies want to keep charging more and more and offer their games at record high prices then quality control needs to be high.

Update: Just read this reply from Pirates designer Eric over in the JJP Pirates thread. Great news that the issues with early games have been addressed.

20181114_100928 (resized).png20181114_100928 (resized).png

#507 5 years ago

Maybe time for a title change?

#508 5 years ago

What I don't get is why Stern has to take a Seawitch and put a Beatles theme on it. Come up with a new machine for Beatles. And yes, remake some classic Stern tiles like Seawitch, Quicksilver or Stargazer as such. Those are awesome games in short supply. You already have the design and no license fees. Should be doable in the $4-5K range. I like the looks of the original Seawitch a lot better than the Beatles design.

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

Should be doable in the $4-5K range.

NOTHING IS DOABLE IN THE 4K RANGE.

Please stop saying this people. It's never, ever going to happen.

The lowest price point for a new pinball machine is a Stern pro, about $5300 or so. That's not going to change no matter how many "it should be" posts people make.

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya, good points. If pinball companies want to keep charging more and more and offer their games at record high prices then quality control needs to be high.
Update: Just read this reply from Pirates designer Eric over in the JJP Pirates thread. Great news that the issues with early games have been addressed.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting that update. Glad to see they are working through the issues.

#511 5 years ago

I like the fact that JJP starting using Cliffy's instead of making their own months down the line. I agree with Panzerfreak that waiting a while isn't such a bad thing, but all of us can't wait that long when a new game comes out.

Disclaimer: I don't own a DI, wish I did, instead own a Hobbit that my wife won't let me sell.

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I like the fact that JJP starting using Cliffy's instead of making their own months down the line. I agree with Panzerfreak that waiting a while isn't such a bad thing, but all of us can't wait that long when a new game comes out.
Disclaimer: I don't own a DI, wish I did, instead own a Hobbit that my wife won't let me sell.

Huh? They did not put any cliffys on Potc.

As for waiting... we all waited for a year, how much longer did they really need. Someone has to take the first machines when they are ready.

#513 5 years ago

Can't wait for The Beatles reviews and get a close up of playfield to see spinning disk and two spinners. Ok getting back on track

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No shock really.
World population is 7.7 billion.
Beatles games 1964.
That's roughly 1 game per 3.5 million people!

Joni Mitchell loves pinball, I'm sure she could have bought them all.

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

I like the looks of the original Seawitch a lot better than the Beatles design.

Not me.

gold beatles (resized).jpggold beatles (resized).jpgoriginal seawitch (resized).jpgoriginal seawitch (resized).jpg
#516 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Not me.[quoted image][quoted image]

I agree, not even close. That Beatles machine is a nice looking game! The door decal is growing on me.

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

This is a certainly a new game.
Anyone who believes this is not a new game doesn't appreciate the amount of work it takes to make something that is manufactuable.
I would think the amount of engineering and manufacturing work needed take a 38 year old early SS game into their current design/production systems was almost the same amount of work needed as starting from scratch.
They might have saved a small amount of time on the front end but I doubt it was overly significant in the grand scheme of things.

Well said B!

I know we were all expecting something else, but it's not like Stern copied Memory Lanes here.
Seawitch is a beloved classic, and if Stern wishes to place their most expensive license/theme into a massive guinea pig classic crossover test so be it.
Takes balls if you ask me.

#518 5 years ago

I think the artwork looks nice also on the Beatles game.

#519 5 years ago

Well that's all very interesting ... but back to the question on this thread ... just how BAD are BEATLES sales so far?

Unknown-4 (resized).jpegUnknown-4 (resized).jpeg
#520 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Well that's all very interesting ... but back to the question on this thread ... just how BAD are BEATLES sales so far?
[quoted image]

Here's how bad they are...

STERN IS SOLD OUT!

According to Stern.

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

STERN IS SOLD OUT!
According to Stern.

And you have a problem with this? Can’t tell from your post

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

And you have a problem with this? Can’t tell from your post

Why, sir, would I have a problem with this?
I'm not sure who they sold them to, but I was never the intended customer for this thing anyway.

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Why, sir, would I have a problem with this?
I'm not sure who they sold them to, but I was never the intended customer for this thing anyway.

Yeah dunno if it was shock, surprise, Stern is full of it, heck yeah!, or what the hell?!

I bet you, like myself, have the “means” for the purchase but it is just not up to what we want for the money. I love the Beattles and Seawitch is a fun game also. Bad it is not what I want but good I can hold the line and not overspend on something I don’t “need”. Looks fun though. I want to play one.

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

STERN IS SOLD OUT!
According to Stern.

If Stern will truly make less than 2,000 overall, including international sales all units likely are very sold.

There are more than 100 filthy rich Beatles fans wwide.
There are more than 364 just plain rich Beatles fans wwide.
Need I say the rest?

This game will be a winner.
Gonna surprise everybody.

#525 5 years ago
34598A62-2438-4413-BA8C-1CA6C78946CD (resized).jpeg34598A62-2438-4413-BA8C-1CA6C78946CD (resized).jpeg
#526 5 years ago

[quoted image]

I think they're probably slow-ish relative to a normal new release like Deadpool, but it's a limited run of a re-themed updated layout so that's expected.

Stern is sold out to distributors, which happens with most every new release, but it's truly "SOLD OUT" when I don't have 5 Beatles NIB ads at the bottom of the thread. "Sold out" is nearly a meaningless term in modern pinball, used to make pre-orderers feel warm and fuzzy about their order and create some heat for distributors nervously staring at boxes of pins lined up waiting for buyers.

I actually like the product, but just not the price. Beatles music, fun layout, simple rules, magnets, drop targets, looks great. I honestly don't see what's not to like about it. I can't wait to play one because it looks fun. I'm guessing it will be an earner on location.

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Stern is sold out to distributors, which happens with most every new release

When was the last title that was sold out to distributors within a week of release? And not just the top model (LE or equivalent) but all models?

#528 5 years ago

When was the last title that was sold out to distributors within a week of release? And not just the top model (LE or equivalent) but all models?

Ummm... As has been stated; IT'S NOT SOLD OUT. It's half sold out. Words. They mean things.

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

IT'S NOT SOLD OUT. It's half sold out.

If you listen to people in the know, the second half is already spoken for as well.

Why am I arguing with people who care if a manufacturer has sold all of a particular item to a distributor. Jesus, it's come to this. I used to have joie de vivre, now I just have "well, ackchyually..."

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Why am I arguing with people who care if a manufacturer has sold all of a particular item to a distributor. Jesus, it's come to this. I used to have joie de vivre, now I just have "well, ackchyually..."

Hah! FWIW, I find that beer helps with this ...

#531 5 years ago

Both halves are sold out. You've been told this multiple times.

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

So, given that's a fact ... back to my question:

#533 5 years ago

So, given that's a fact ... back to my question:

Supreme was the precident. Now The Beatles. 2 games in recent Stern history with a limit to manufacture on all models.

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The game is shipping with 1.04 code. Not going to be a lot to add or fix. Stern sells on a proven ability to delivery games quickly and is the only company that does that. They consistently make the most games, delivered the fastest, with the best themes. I guess that's a negative somehow to you though.

1.04 cause its almost a seawitch ve.

#535 5 years ago

Once this thing sells out they'll start working on 1965 with 50% less floating heads. It's going to be a retheme of Family Guy.

#536 5 years ago

This thread should be titled “How bad are pinsiders behaving today?” Which game are they raking through the mud now. Which topic are they rehashing over and over again. Which manufacturer is taking the brunt today. What senseless dribble are they arguing over?

First world problems people.....not every game is meant for everyone. Buy what you like and move on. Now shut the fuck up and go play some pinball.

#537 5 years ago

I truly enjoyed playing a bunch of games today....The Game plays very fast...the record spinner is like JJPPOTC in the short bursts through game play. The colors and art really Pop, all over, and the soundtrack feels like a familiar blanket.
Its not Iron Maiden, GB, Dead Pool or anything like that, but like the New MB, well, new is new.

Their was a great deal of interest in the Game at IAPPA....More so than their other titles from serious buyers...not pinheads..
a lot were from out of the country, as I watched for a while

But Im in the same boat on price....otherwise, surprisingly fun !

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

First of all, I'm not going to listen to marketers tell me that a thing that isn't made yet, and a thing that I can buy tomorrow is 'sold out'.

By that logic, JJP has sold out all of the POTC pins they will ever make, because eventually, they will all be sold.

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:By that logic, JJP has sold out all of the POTC pins they will ever make

No, There will be another POTC LE in a Year or Two

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

First of all, I'm not going to listen to marketers tell me that a thing that isn't made yet, and a thing that I can buy tomorrow is 'sold out'.
By that logic, JJP has sold out all of the POTC pins they will ever make, because eventually, they will all be sold.

You really don't grasp the difference between sold out at the distributor VS sold out at Stern? You surely can't be this obtuse?

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You really don't grasp the difference between sold out at the distributor VS sold out at Stern? You surely can't be this obtuse?

Shirley, I understand.

#542 5 years ago

Honestly who really cares? I’d love to see Stern sell out (which they reportedly have) hopefully that means they made a killing on this title and it’s been a massive success for Stern.

Because if that means we don’t see another price increase on the next cornerstone or two then even better, if Stern can off set these continual price increases with limited release titles like Supreme and Beatles aimed at specific collectors markets then brilliant!

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Because if that means we don’t see another price increase on the next cornerstone or two then even better.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

1.04 cause its almost a seawitch ve.

Well that sure has a lot to do with coding an LCD, lighting, and modes.

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Because if that means we don’t see another price increase on the next cornerstone or two then even better, if Stern can off set these continual price increases with limited release titles like Supreme and Beatles aimed at specific collectors markets then brilliant!

The better it sells just means it’s more likely to have a bigger price increase on next popular title.

But at least this points to the fact that people are still buying new pins even at stupid money.

I’m hoping in future Stern will become more like JJP and CGC with all titles have the same play field but just different art and whatnot.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The better it sells just means it’s more likely to have a bigger price increase on next popular title.

The price had to cover the higher license, plus the Platinums and Diamonds are being sold to a different market. I wouldn't expect to see Beatles prices set a precedent for any other pin. Inflation will drive prices more than Beatles prices.

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since GB we have only had a single £100 price increase. In that time we have had BM66, Supreme and now Beatles, might just be a coincidence?

But before Stern started these boutique/high priced runs we where getting price increases almost every release, maybe we have just got lucky?

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Not me.[quoted image][quoted image]

I think Seawitch was a nice looking game that was fun to play.

I think the Beatles game, like everything Stern has made in the last 20 years, looks like they've tried to cram as much artwork as possible into a minimum amount of space.

Sometimes less is more, though the Supreme machine may be taking that a bit too literally.

My 2¢. YMMV.

#549 5 years ago

I am looking to buy a diamond Beatles, if anyone can find one.
Thanks

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

I am looking to buy a diamond Beatles, if anyone can find one.
Thanks

Hey Paul, Is this you or is this Ringo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,282 (OBO)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.