Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 20.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird, to me at least, that a decade of work and all this excitement only warranted a retheme of an old layout. Couldn't even be bothered to make a brand new game.

This is a brand new game.

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird, to me at least, that a decade of work and all this excitement only warranted a retheme of an old layout. Couldn't even be bothered to make a brand new game.

That's the whole issue. And, unlike a lot of people who seem to like it, the gameplay video I've seen makes it looks pretty bland, really. Nice display (that you don't watch when you're playing) a bank of 4 drops right across from a flipper (that seem to get knocked down super quickly), and just a lot of meh.

Looks like the spinning disk spins endlessly (one of the things people hate Fireball for), and the price is really well too much for this collection of parts.

Maybe in 20 years someone can try the whole Beatles pinball again and do it at LEAST as good as they did an Aerosmith pinball.....

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

That's the whole issue. And, unlike a lot of people who seem to like it, the gameplay video I've seen makes it looks pretty bland, really. Nice display (that you don't watch when you're playing) a bank of 4 drops right across from a flipper (that seem to get knocked down super quickly), and just a lot of meh.
Looks like the spinning disk spins endlessly (one of the things people hate Fireball for), and the price is really well too much for this collection of parts.
Maybe in 20 years someone can try the whole Beatles pinball again and do it at LEAST as good as they did an Aerosmith pinball.....

The disc doesn’t spin nonstop as you can see in the one video, it definitely spins during ticket to ride since that’s the 45.

As for the targets directly across from a flipper, yes they are easy to hit but if I’m not mistaken they need to be knocked down in sequential order to satisfy one of the modes.

Every Stern Pinball of recent that is music related except Maiden are all too similar.

I welcome the old school concept, it’s different and will fill a hole in my collection.

#454 5 years ago

A Seawitch deluxe with a Beatles theme. I asked Gary a few years ago if he would remake classic Stern tiles. Too expensive he replied. What's next, Quicksilver with a Deep Purple theme? Not a bad idea, just the price tag seems a bit high considering that it is a 80s machine with some minor enhancements.

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird, to me at least, that a decade of work and all this excitement only warranted a retheme of an old layout.

lotsa people unhappy to sea witch direction stern chose to go.

#456 5 years ago

....we can keep bitching about this until they are Sold Out....

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

....we can keep bitching about this until they are Sold Out....

Stern has now sold out both runs.

Lets argue about old playfields never dimpled!!!!!!!1

#458 5 years ago

Can we get back to arguing about the question on this thread?

How bad are Beatles sales so far?

It appears this is the first Stern title to completely sell out within a week of release.
They've been sold to distributors who have bought what they know they will sell, if not immediately, soon after.

Are there any "alternate facts" out there?

Unknown-4 (resized).jpegUnknown-4 (resized).jpeg
#459 5 years ago

No shock really.

World population is 7.7 billion.

Beatles games 1964.

That's roughly 1 game per 3.5 million people!

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No shock really.
Beatles games 1964.

There are people here who are genuinely shocked or in denial, and thought Stern was finally about to receive its comeupance for the unforgivable crime of producing, building, and selling pinball machines in a timely, profitable manner.

Well, there's always next time.

#461 5 years ago

They maybe sold out to distributors, but not yet sold out for consumer's.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Are there any "alternate facts" out there?
[quoted image]

Ebay

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

They maybe sold out to distributors, but not yet sold out for consumer's.

Why does it bother people so much that Stern sold out to distributors that they have to grasp at these straws? It's like people are rooting for Stern to fail, which is mornonic because it would slowly crash the whole industry. It can't be about the prices because the insane price markups on the LE/SLE don't even go straight to Stern's pockets. Are people just that upset that they feel like Stern squandered a great license, a license that people are simultaneously saying they have little interest in?

This whole thread is just a weird circle jerk of negativity.

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This whole thread is just a weird circle jerk of negativity.

Can you imagine an actual Pinside circle jerk?

"Ugh.. You are doing it wrong!"

"Man you don't know the FIRST THING about jerking off."

"If you think THAT'S good technique, I feel sorry for your wife! How about some innovation? You are just doing the same old stroke!"

"This circle jerk sucks and is not worth the gas money I spent to get to this $40 an hour motel room."

"If this is the best you guys have to offer, you might as well stop jerking off altogether!"

"yeah, Great jerk off. Awesome. I can't wait till the deep root guys show up and bring something fresh and new to this circle!"

#465 5 years ago

If I was filthy rich, or just rich, I'd blocksand the Beatles playfield and have Seawitch art printed on it. That would happen right after I bought a Metallica LE, blocksanded it, and rethemed it as Megadeth.

I have to admit, I liked what I saw on the videos. They seemed to have done a great job tying everything together and Seawitch is a great pin. If the run-of-the-mill model was priced like a Pro, it probably would have gotten a warmer reception around here. That price is a bit out of hand though.

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

old playfields never dimpled

I have two that haven't dimpled at all. Flash Gordon and Black Knight 2000.

They're NOS though ... and I still need to clear and install them .

I'm convinced that better lighting is what caused people to notice dimpling. I never really noticed them on my TZ until people started talking about them. When I switched my TZ over to LEDs, they were a lot easier to see.

What's sad is that you know there is *one* collector out there that has a pin set up, but will not play it due to dimpling.

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I have two that haven't dimpled at all. Flash Gordon and Black Knight 2000.
They're NOS though ... and I still need to clear and install them .
I'm convinced that better lighting is what caused people to notice dimpling. I never really noticed them on my TZ until people started talking about them. When I switched my TZ over to LEDs, they were a lot easier to see.
What's sad is that you know there is *one* collector out there that has a pin set up, but will not play it due to dimpling.

Better lighting
Better cameras
More cameras
Increased scrutiny
An unprecedented need to bitch about everything under the sun

It’s all added up to increased dimple phobia. I was in this hobby for 15 years before I ever heard the word “dimple” in relation to pinball.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Couldn't even be bothered to make a brand new game.

This is a certainly a new game.

Anyone who believes this is not a new game doesn't appreciate the amount of work it takes to make something that is manufactuable.

I would think the amount of engineering and manufacturing work needed take a 38 year old early SS game into their current design/production systems was almost the same amount of work needed as starting from scratch.

They might have saved a small amount of time on the front end but I doubt it was overly significant in the grand scheme of things.

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

This is a certainly a new game.
Anyone who believes this is not a new game doesn't appreciate the amount of work it takes to make something that is manufactuable.
I would think the amount of engineering and manufacturing work needed take a 38 year old early SS game into their current design/production systems was almost the same amount of work needed as starting from scratch.
They might have saved a small amount of time on the front end but I doubt it was overly significant in the grand scheme of things.

This is of course a million times true. Not to mention the playfield has been changed.

You’d think someone who was involved in Alien would realize that nothing in pinball is “easy.”

#470 5 years ago

Well I'm a bit surprised at the video and LCD animations and state of the code at 1.04, whatever that really means.

It looks really fun and i need something that my wife and others can actually step up and play SO...

Chalk up one more sale up for Stern on the Beatles! Love Train baby!

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I'm a bit surprised at the video and LCD animations and state of the code at 1.04, whatever that really means.
It looks really fun and i need something that my wife and others can actually step up and play SO...

Time to close this thread now!

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The sky has fallen.

Game really does look pretty darn cool.

#474 5 years ago

Leaked video of how Stern came up with how much to charge for The Beatles pinball.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/04645e32-ce14-46e0-b7ca-dc7b4682ac13

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No shock really.
Beatles games 1964.

LMAO

#476 5 years ago

stern sucks, fan boys bail them out at every lazy new release. Gary Stern doesn't care about you or making great games, he just wants your preorders. Beatles will be boring af

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from ROTTENPINBALL:

stern sucks, fan boys bail them out at every lazy new release. Gary Stern doesn't care about you or making great games, he just wants your preorders. Beatles will be boring af

Cool story, thanks for sharing! Really glad to have you here, welcome. Honestly this place was getting a bit too too negative for my tastes, but then you came around ... and honesty aren’t you just a ray of sunshine on a stormy day?

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Cool story, thanks for sharing! Really glad to have you here, welcome. Honestly this place was getting a bit too too negative for my tastes, but then you came around ... and honesty aren’t you just a ray of sunshine on a stormy day?

stern sucks, pinball rules

#479 5 years ago

You're an idiot.

#480 5 years ago

Very eloquently put my poetic friend. We’re seriously basking in greatness here.

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You're an idiot.

boom roasted, spoken like a genius. at least i didn't spend 8 grand on beatles pinball.

#482 5 years ago

boom roasted, spoken like a genius. at least i didn't spend 8 grand on beatles pinball.

And the hits keep on coming! You, sir, make Shakespeare look like a common hack who is honestly not worthy to smell your soiled adult diaper.

#483 5 years ago

I doubt you could if you wanted too.

Are you implying something about people that did buy the game?

#484 5 years ago

Now Pinside apparently has disposable troll accounts.

#485 5 years ago

jerk store (resized).jpgjerk store (resized).jpg
#486 5 years ago

Now we get to look fwd to “stern fix the code” threads. Stern sells on theme alone. Hook, line, sinker

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well i don't even know what to say other than

Congrats Iceman, i think the game is over priced but i also think you will enjoy it and if it gets your wife to play pinball with you then its worth a million bucks! Holy sh*t though, i can hear the K man now. He's going to be bringing the heat!! Lol

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congrats Iceman! Please let us know what you think of the game.. We opted out (cannot have them all!) but are keen to see what people think of the game once they have had a few games.

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congrats Iceman! Please let us know what you think of the game.

He's going to say its the best game that Stern has ever made just like he always does!

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well i don't even know what to say other than
Congrats Iceman, i think the game is over priced but i also think you will enjoy it and if it gets your wife to play pinball with you then its worth a million bucks! Holy sh*t though, i can hear the K man now. He's going to be bringing the heat!! Lol

Turns out this game was under priced. 1M by Xmas!!! I am happy that the capitalists finally came around and decided to support their superior system. Who knows after this maybe certain people will support our veterans in lieu of a bit of rain. Doubt it, but iceman buying the Beatles gives me hope.

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Now we get to look fwd to “stern fix the code” threads. Stern sells on theme alone. Hook, line, sinker

The game is shipping with 1.04 code. Not going to be a lot to add or fix. Stern sells on a proven ability to delivery games quickly and is the only company that does that. They consistently make the most games, delivered the fastest, with the best themes. I guess that's a negative somehow to you though.

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The game is shipping with 1.04 code. Not going to be a lot to add or fix.

Stern's POTC code V6.00. just saying

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Stern's POTC code V6.00. just saying

You should go buy one right now then. No issues at all happening. Just saying.

POTC is going to be a great game, wouldn't touch one right now though. What a cluster F.

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

POTC is going to be a great game, wouldn't touch one right now though. What a cluster F.

Though we were talking Stern not JJP.

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What's cluser-f-ee about the JJP one?

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Though we were talking Stern not JJP.

Sorry, I misread that.

I'm not sure if stern used the same versions to designate stuff back then. But games certainly shipped more complete. The ability to easily update code now is a bit of a blessing and a curse. It results in games being shipped too early but it also allows them to get feedback and make some incredible games if your patient enough to wait.

Quoted from tamoore:

What's cluser-f-ee about the JJP one?

I know of 3 people that got one NIB all required 4-12hrs of fixes just to get them playing. All of them love the game, all of them are pissed about their NIB experience though. I think it's going to be great, JJP needs to fix some QC issues ASAP though. The game is packed with stuff and shoots incredible. No denying that.

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I know of 3 people that got one NIB all required 4-12hrs of fixes just to get them playing. All of them love the game, all of them are pissed about their NIB experience though. I think it's going to be great, JJP needs to fix some QC issues ASAP though. The game is packed with stuff and shoots incredible. No denying that.

the same can be said about stern machines as well as american pinball, dutch pinball, heighway, etc...

the fact is, these are hand assembled products and no matter how much they would love you to believe that each and every machine goes through rigorous testing, they don't. machines are assembled, lamps, coils and switches are tested and the machines are packaged up and shipped. we were told that each and every single harness was hand tested at stern (and seen evidence to the contrary.

if every company had a stellar QA/QC department and treated their products like ferrari does, then no one would have a single "out of the box" issue

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I played one a couple of days after coming out of the box, and other than me sucking, the game shot fine... The guy who bought it didn't complain about it being a cluster, either.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the same can be said about stern machines as well as american pinball, dutch pinball, heighway, etc...
the fact is, these are hand assembled products and no matter how much they would love you to believe that each and every machine goes through rigorous testing, they don't. machines are assembled, lamps, coils and switches are tested and the machines are packaged up and shipped. we were told that each and every single harness was hand tested at stern (and seen evidence to the contrary.
if every company had a stellar QA/QC department and treated their products like ferrari does, then no one would have a single "out of the box" issue

All of them have some QC issues. These have not been your normal adjustment problems. These have been issues with the games not being built properly. I'm not sure why so many of you just want to give JJP a pass on that. It is what it is and they need to get it fixed. These are games that certainly were not play tested. It's hurting their sales and eventually is going to kill the company if they can't get over their new game build issues. I want JJP to succeed, they are good for pinball. I'd like a POTC but not until I can trust them to build it. I don't blink about buying a stern. I have much higher confidence in them building the game. I've owned all JJP games so far and ton of sterns.

Quoted from tamoore:

I played one a couple of days after coming out of the box, and other than me sucking, the game shot fine... The guy who bought it didn't complain about it being a cluster, either.

That's great, maybe they have gotten things straightened out already. I only have 4 reference points and 3 were friends that all had major issues, and another was one opened for a show that only had the minor things that you would expect. The three that had issues had many of the same problems. Those were all build a month or more ago. Hopefully that is all we hear moving forward. Minor adjustments from shipping or just typical pinball stuff.

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you sure you're not buying one just to make a podcaster's head explode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,282 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 975 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far/page/10?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.