Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TimBoch
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How are your Pins Organized”

• Chronologically 32 votes
      16%
    • Theme 12 votes
      6%
    • Manufacturer 28 votes
      14%
    • Size/Cabinet 18 votes
      9%
    • Color 3 votes
      1%
    • Era (EM/SS/DMD/Modern) 16 votes
      8%
    • Order of Acquisition 13 votes
      6%
    • No Order 55 votes
      27%
    • Favorites 9 votes
      4%
    • Other 15 votes
      7%
    • Alphabetically 2 votes
      1%

(Multiple choice - 203 votes by 159 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DEEA994A-9058-4E31-B013-75165C8832A8 (resized).jpeg
    9DE6C67B-579E-47CE-89B1-81D23CB14472 (resized).jpeg
    8BC5074B-0429-4C86-B266-5AE0BABE0CFB (resized).jpeg
    423B5632-6DC4-45D6-9890-A0CF47EDE19D (resized).jpeg
    859B9DEF-BEA1-470D-BA53-86F7C0B6FA52 (resized).jpeg
    C2FB657F-33B0-4A3A-A795-0A4F68715D16 (resized).jpeg
    tenor.gif
    ghostbusters-library-ghost (resized).png
    20210407_214621 (resized).jpg
    dolly (resized).jpg
    IMG_2044 (resized).JPG
    7E707B59-F37C-4321-ADE7-99514BBE1802 (resized).jpeg
    E363F4A6-10EF-49B5-BC71-3D0359C648CC (resized).jpeg
    20210423_202455 (resized).jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Do you have OCD or just like a little order in your life? Especially when it comes to your Pin lineup? My late EM/ early SS Bally's are lined up Chronologically, all in a row and leveled to match the backbox heights. Newer pins are organized as much by the order they came in the door and how much they are played as anything else, though when I get enough space, they will be organized by Manufacturer/Theme. My Four Bicentennial EMs are lined up together (Theme and Year). In short, I am all over the map with discreet but ordered sub groups.

How are your Pins organized?

20210423_202455 (resized).jpg20210423_202455 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

However I can best maximize the available space.

#3 3 years ago

By bra size

E363F4A6-10EF-49B5-BC71-3D0359C648CC (resized).jpegE363F4A6-10EF-49B5-BC71-3D0359C648CC (resized).jpeg

#4 3 years ago

The ones i can play because they are working. As to my list of order to be fixed buy work required after needed that parts are on hand. The way they came home.

#5 3 years ago

Chronological order. When I see people's pins out of chronological order it makes me sad.

#6 3 years ago

I only have seven scattered around the house (have never had more than about a dozen at a time) but they are just randomly placed. I suppose I like them as they'd be in arcade and not in a museum, even if I still had every one I've ever owned. But then I'd need a house with two or three times the space!

#7 3 years ago

They are forever moving around in a state of flux and rearrangement.
    Once I think I have it figured out I move stuff around again.

#8 3 years ago

Alpha.

7E707B59-F37C-4321-ADE7-99514BBE1802 (resized).jpeg7E707B59-F37C-4321-ADE7-99514BBE1802 (resized).jpeg
    #9 3 years ago

Mine are separated by manufacturer and then in chronological order. With 50+ pins, this does make for a fair bit of work whenever something new comes in the door. But worth it.

#10 3 years ago

Working and not working

#12 3 years ago

In a row

#13 3 years ago

By manufacturer. DE, Stern, Williams, Bally and AP.

#14 3 years ago

Need to add this one to your Bally lineup

dolly (resized).jpgdolly (resized).jpg
    #15 3 years ago

If they are chronological aren't they also set up by era? Unless you are persnickety about '77-'79
    Mine are set up autobiographicaly.
    B

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Unless you are persnickety about '77-'79

Yes, it is different (and is persnickety a synonym for OCD? Could be ) . My Bally's could be by era (any order in the row). They could also be by color (reds on one end, yellows on the other) - so far looks like just a couple are doing that. Right now they are lined up by year, but could I could go even go further and do it by month of release...

#17 3 years ago

In a row but separated/spaced by how loud they are and how popular they are. Basically keep the loud and good ones spaced apart.

#18 3 years ago

Here's my dilemma. I built a closet to cover some utilities in my expanded pinball room. I won't be able to easily get the glass off the machine that's across from the closet. The glass on my Jolly Ride doesn't slid out, it's on a hinge system, so it goes up. The problem is, even though putting the Jolly Ride in that spot is a no brainer, I can't figure out an order where it goes in that spot. I don't care which order they're in, but they need to be in some kind of order!!!

#19 3 years ago

No order ;(

#20 3 years ago

I have mine split between 3 different rooms. Broken in one room, the games my wife likes in another room, and everything else in the third. This comes very close to splitting them up chronologically because my wife prefers newer games.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

However I can best maximize the available space.

Same for me.
    In one row 4 wpc and a sega just fit.

Other row has some more space so has the wider backboxes (bally em, zaccaria)

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

... I can't figure out an order where it goes in that spot. I don't care which order they're in, but they need to be in some kind of order!!!

Random order is also an order.

#23 3 years ago

Any order to maximize nr of pins in my garage. Games without toppers below the garage door "roof rails", the rest to fit between door and so on.

#24 3 years ago

I have no order. I like it that way.

#25 3 years ago

I like similar back boxes next to each other. With my current collection that happens to group them by manufacturer and close to chronological order as well.
    I’ve had them in random spots and it just doesn’t look as good.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Need to add this one to your Bally lineup
    [quoted image]

Heck there are still tons of them, especially anything by Mad Dog!

I swear I didn't intentionally make it come out that way (but maybe subconsciously I did). But seriously, I take a lot of flak for it, so my next machine has got to be something with less female anatomy. Of course an Elvira is what I would love to have, but that just ramps up the theme even more. I really like Firepower though and I hope to get one someday. That should get me off the hook, not a female in sight on that one!

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I have no order. I like it that way.

You're a sick man!

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Random order is also an order.

Inconceivable!

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

[quoted image]

I mean...now you're just bragging.

Seriously though, nice collection.

#29 3 years ago

Generally where ever there's space is my order, but when it's not too much hassle I've made small sections of themes where I can. Five (soon to be six) Jersey Jacks in a row. Three American Pinballs in a row. A little heavy metal section with Maiden, Metallica, ACNC, BK:SOR (now separated). A little mid-'60s pop culture section with Beatles, BM66, Gilligan, and Munsters (now separated). I did want to put my Orbitor 1 next to my Cosmic Carnival and bring in a few other less-loved oddballs on the cheap like Bugs Bunny, Thunderbirds, Hyperball, Granny & the Gators, whatever, and call that section The Island of Misfit Toys, but then realized that was a stupid idea.

#30 3 years ago

'80 and '81.
    Then the rest wherever they fit.

20210407_214621 (resized).jpg20210407_214621 (resized).jpg
    #31 3 years ago

General disorder.

#32 3 years ago

Mine are arranged using the Dewey decimal system.

#33 3 years ago

Furthest left is the oldest (‘68) middle (‘78) then newest (‘79)

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine are arranged using the Dewey decimal system.

I think you are just trying to impress this lovely lady...

ghostbusters-library-ghost (resized).pngghostbusters-library-ghost (resized).png
    #35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Any order to maximize nr of pins in my garage. Games without toppers below the garage door "roof rails", the rest to fit between door and so on.

Is temperature a issue with pins ? I can’t lug these things up/down our 180 staircase anymore expecially the JJPs.My help is a 11 n 13 yr old and although they try when we brought GnR in house they couldn’t lift it so it ended up on top of me in the doorway .I was trapped like a turtle on its back w a 300+ lb pin on it .I tried to make a deal to take over my wife’s office on main level but that turned into “your buying more ?” So I played dumb n said “What ? ...No I mean ....I don’t think so .”So now I’m looking at our garage which is a 3 car that just houses her big ass nice SUV(I drive a Focus so I can buy more of these ).The 3rd bay is perfect for maybe 10-12 but I’m just worried about the elements in the Midwest .I can wall it off n put HVAC unit in it but then am I officially Fing nuts at that point ? Has anyone here been in this situation before and figured it out please lmk I need help !

#36 3 years ago

Autobiographical

tenor.giftenor.gif
    #37 3 years ago

Stern, JJP, B/W with DP thrown in..

423B5632-6DC4-45D6-9890-A0CF47EDE19D (resized).jpeg423B5632-6DC4-45D6-9890-A0CF47EDE19D (resized).jpeg859B9DEF-BEA1-470D-BA53-86F7C0B6FA52 (resized).jpeg859B9DEF-BEA1-470D-BA53-86F7C0B6FA52 (resized).jpegC2FB657F-33B0-4A3A-A795-0A4F68715D16 (resized).jpegC2FB657F-33B0-4A3A-A795-0A4F68715D16 (resized).jpeg
    #38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is temperature a issue with pins ? I can’t lug these things up/down our 180 staircase anymore expecially the JJPs.My help is a 11 n 13 yr old and although they try when we brought GnR in house they couldn’t lift it so it ended up on top of me in the doorway .I was trapped like a turtle on its back w a 300+ lb pin on it .I tried to make a deal to take over my wife’s office on main level but that turned into “your buying more ?” So I played dumb n said “What ? ...No I mean ....I don’t think so .”So now I’m looking at our garage which is a 3 car that just houses her big ass nice SUV(I drive a Focus so I can buy more of these ).The 3rd bay is perfect for maybe 10-12 but I’m just worried about the elements in the Midwest .I can wall it off n put HVAC unit in it but then am I officially Fing nuts at that point ? Has anyone here been in this situation before and figured it out please lmk I need help !

I have no idea about the climate where you live but here in Sweden we have snow in the winter and hot in summers. I walled off our 2 car garage and made it into a pin room and a smaller storage room instead. No hvac for me (only a radiator for heating in pin room) but as our basement is dug into the ground (and not standing on top of it) it keeps a rather stable temperature all year round.

I did install a humidity meter in the room and so far it have varied between ~25-35% so the games should be ok. I'm much more concerned over humidity changes than temperature as humidity swings seem to be the cause for both rust and playfield planking/cracking.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

I can't figure out an order where it goes in that spot. I don't care which order they're in, but they need to be in some kind of order!!!

They seem to already be organized - by theme! All amusement parks/roller coasters (with the exception of Kings) - Great Collection!
    Maybe sub group by Manufacturer - Jolly Ride is the only Playmatic

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

They seem to already be organized - by theme! All amusement parks/roller coasters (with the exception of Kings) - Great Collection!
    Maybe sub group by Manufacturer - Jolly Ride is the only Playmatic

Thanks, just found out today that I can actually raise the Jolly Ride glass all the up in the new pinball area. Pleasant surprise! Make even more sense to it down at the end.

#41 3 years ago

All my Bally/Williams games are grouped together... with my one Stern on the end.

#42 2 years ago

From left to right. Then along that wall to this corner and over to this door. Then from here to there with some right in the center.

That's how I arranged them from my first game purchase up until now.

#43 2 years ago

I usually have them arranged with the ones I don't plan on selling farthest away from my basement walkout door. JJP POTC is tucked back in the corner, farthest away from the door, with RBION right next to it. If it isn't a long term keeper, I keep it closer to the door or the end of the row so it's easy to move out.

#44 2 years ago

I have a half dozen light cans in the ceiling. If I put a modern game under one of the lights, the light will reflect directly in my eyes because of the steep slope of the playfield glass. Older SS and EM games the playfield glass is flat and no reflection at all. So basically I have no real order aside from the rule Early SS and EM only under the lights.

#45 2 years ago

Kind of geeky but I've wanted to arrange my WPC by model number sometime and see if anyone would take notice:

BSD - 50001
    BoP - 50002
    WTB FH cause that's 50003
    HSII - 50004
    FT - 50005
    There was no 6?
    RG - 50007
    T2 - 50013
    TZ - 50020

#46 2 years ago

How are my Pin's organized?
    Poorly.

#47 2 years ago

One of the few perks of not having enough money to own more than a few pins is not really having to worry about the order

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from John1210:

One of the few perks of not having enough money to own more than a few pins

Two is enough to put in an order, with four you have 24 possible combinations!

#49 2 years ago

Chronologically

8BC5074B-0429-4C86-B266-5AE0BABE0CFB (resized).jpeg8BC5074B-0429-4C86-B266-5AE0BABE0CFB (resized).jpeg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-are-your-pins-organized?hl=truthdivides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.