(Topic ID: 293652)

How are you pin sellers getting paid in Pinside Marketplace?

By underlord

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Seeing big ticket sales in MARKETPLACE. Wondering what kind of payment? Local Cash on glass for a 20K pin? Who's carrying that kind of scratch. Check? If so, waiting for it to clear before shipping? Paypal? Other forms of E-payment?

#2 2 years ago

With references, wire transfer with at least 5 working days to settle and clear.
Without references, cash or escrow.

#3 2 years ago

Cash on the glass unless you're local and I know you personally...even then...cash...

#4 2 years ago

all the wires I have done recently clear in 2 hours or less and these are not just for pins. Sent over $100k to my sister and it was there in 15 minutes.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

all the wires I have done recently clear in 2 hours or less and these are not just for pins. Sent over $100k to my sister and it was there in 15 minutes.

Did you forget im your long lost little brother?
Pm me for wire account #

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did you forget im your long lost little brother?
Pm me for wire account #

I did not give willingly. LOL

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I did not give willingly. LOL

If you ever get to "willingly", please remember Ericpinballfan and me. You're the big Brother we loved the most.

LTG : )

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Wire transfer 100k in one shot? Wow.

#9 2 years ago

Cash is king

#10 2 years ago

Anything over 20k or higher I generally use a wire transfer + references.

Anything lower it’s cash on glass

#11 2 years ago

I’ll take any kind of payment from a friend. If I don’t know them well, cash on the glass. No shipping.

#12 2 years ago

I’ve never used anything but cash and/or trades.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you ever get to "willingly", please remember Ericpinballfan and me. You're the big Brother we loved the most.
LTG : )

Lol. Long lost Uncle Lloyd.

#14 2 years ago

Everyone says ‘cash on the glass is king’. Fortunately, a lot of guys accept PayPal. My US home is in a pinball desert and I currently live overseas, so cash on the glass isn’t an option. Every one of my pins site was purchased site unseen using either PayPal, a bank check or wire transfer... I’ve never paid cash.

#15 2 years ago

What the OP is getting at is for those cash on the glass folks. Do you do that for $20K pins? 10 yrs ago this question would have been laughed, as there weren't many $20K pins. I remember when I first joint a Pinsider had a $20K BBB and was afraid to play it and sold it.

Edit: spelling

#16 2 years ago

I sold 4 pins in 1 shot to a single individual last year. $25k cash upon pickup.

#17 2 years ago

I'm paying a guy almost $19,000 to do my house siding as his side job. Handing over cash for that in 4 payments seems like doing a drug deal. I can't imagine rolling up with $20K cash at once. Sorry, carguement. I once sold a newer car worth $22K and did wire transfer. I would think that would be the way for this kind of money.

#18 2 years ago

Building a house for cash numbs one to a nice pile.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Building a house for cash numbs one to a nice pile.

Agreed, when you handle cash in large volumes it losses its shock value pretty quick. I worked at a bank going through school and handled hundreds of thousands of dollars daily. We used to load the ATM with cash before a service took it over and when you're loading a couple of those things up for a long weekend it is a ton of cash.

#20 2 years ago

I used paypal to generate an invoice and had the purchaser pay that. Paypal held the money and gave some sort of protection over a wire transfer that the purchaser was not comfortable with.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

I used paypal to generate an invoice and had the purchaser pay that. Paypal held the money and gave some sort of protection over a wire transfer that the purchaser was not comfortable with.

Business Paypal account?

My general purpose of interest was who’s carrying 20 grand or more in cash? I’d never arm myself in someone’s residence.

Wire transfer seems safe, little chance of money clawback if buyer flakes after taking pin?

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Business Paypal account?
My general purpose of interest was who’s carrying 20 grand or more in cash? I’d never arm myself in someone’s residence.
Wire transfer seems safe, little chance of money clawback if buyer flakes after taking pin?

Normal paypal account had an option to create an invoice from the menu. A lot of people don't want to risk sending a wire transfer to a stranger anymore.

#23 2 years ago

I GO TO THE SELLERS PLACE CHECK OUT THE SELLER AND GAME AND IF i FEEL CONFORTABLE I GO TO THE NEAREST BANK AND GET THE DOUGH,WHEN SELLING BUYERS CAN DO THE SAME OR JUST BRING CASH.THE MOST I HAVE PAID IS 12,500 CASH.VERY NERVOUS UNTIL I SAW THE HOME AND OTHER TOYS.

#24 2 years ago

I prefer cash in person or wire if shipping.

You divulge nothing more than the information printed on your check when paying by wire.

Wire is definitely not perfect, but I trust it more than a check in the mail.

#25 2 years ago

When i go pick up a pin I make damn sure I have proof of origin of the cash I have on me.

I'm more worried about PD pulling some civil forfeiture bullshit during a traffic stop than getting robbed.

#26 2 years ago

If you go buy a $20K used truck, you bring cash.

Nobody selling a truck is going to take Paypus, cashier check or venmo.

What's the difference in buying a pin?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-are-you-pin-sellers-getting-paid-in-pinside-marketplace?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.