Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by NM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How would you consider yourself related to pinball?”

• Player - Just turn 'em on and start to plung 27 votes
      29%
    • Fixer - Person that likes to shop 'em and replace needed parts 27 votes
      29%
    • Restoration - Full blown take it apart and dissect away 19 votes
      21%
    • Reseller - Looking for good Deal and Flip it ASAP. 1 vote
      1%
    • Collector - Keeping a part of history for longevity 18 votes
      20%

(92 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PIE.jpg
    pimpnpinhauler.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I have met several people (for a smaller niche market of people that we are) in the last few years since I began this hobby, and lately I have been wondering what kind of percentages of different hobbiests there are.
    I have the poll setup with the most kinds of pinball people out there that I could think of.
    Please take a moment and vote and comment as needed.
    If you would consider yourself something different, please comment.
    THANKS!

#2 12 years ago

I restore, play and collect so not sure how to pigeon hole myself.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

restore, play and collect

If you don't resell then I would consider you a collector foremostly (we all play, and some I.E. HEP are more into Restoration)

#4 12 years ago

I voted as a Fixer, since I probably enjoy working on my machines ALMOST as much as I do playing them, but I can never seem to keep them long enough to consider myself a collector. I cannot do restoration quality work, and I am definately not just a player, as I love to "Tinker"

#5 12 years ago

Did not vote because none fit me exactly. I would say 3/5 match at the same time. I'm a player, fixer, collector. Can't see selling any of mine in the near future, but now that mine seem up to par, starting to look for another.

#6 12 years ago

I am all of the above !

Jim

#7 12 years ago

I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Oh sorry, wrong forum. Ummmm...player, collector, fixer in that order.

My hat changes daily.

#8 12 years ago

everything that you listed... but I don't flip them asap. I has to give them some lovin first.

#9 12 years ago

everything but reseller, prob keep most of my machines for a while aka several years each so wouldnt consider that reseller, do like the aspect of getting cheaper and fixing it on my own

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

do like the aspect of getting cheaper and fixing it on my own

+1

Ok I voted for fixer. I fix them to play to my liking, but have not yet done a full restore, and have no plans to sell any of mine yet.

#11 12 years ago

Pinball Player

#12 12 years ago

I want to Play & Own them All . I Fix'em , Pimp'em , Play'em and sell them.. NF is 4-Sale Now !!

. I will have an ad in the Correct Thread tomorrow..

#15 12 years ago

I'm all of the above... I love to play, I collect obscure games (some will probably never work, so can't say I buy these to play), I love to strip games down I want to keep and get 'em looking pristine, I fix 'em myself and I buy good deals to sell on to help pay for the games I keep... You should have allowed more than one vote boogies

#16 12 years ago

Fixer, Player and Collector in that order. I'm not in this hobby to flip games and make money out of them. I don't do any full restorations, but I'll get any recently acquired games back up into fully working order. If there is a fault on one, I'm happy to get out the test meter and fix the problem. I also like having some of the games that I played as a teenager in my collection.

Yes, it should have been a multi-choice poll.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I restore, play and collect so not sure how to pigeon hole myself.

+1 I love all aspects of the hobby. Haven't sold one yet.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Combo player and fixer myself.

me to!

+1

#19 12 years ago

voted as a player, but inevitably if you wanna play ya gotta fix.

#20 12 years ago

Player/fixer, like both aspects of ownership; actually I don't see how the two can be seperate.

#21 12 years ago

I voted player as I enjoy that the most, but I enjoy working on them from time to time.

#22 12 years ago

i would say all of the above....some are bought to fix, clean, play for a bit, and sell to help bring on that new game. Completing my second full top to bottom restoration and hope to do at least 1 more this winter. My keepers (AFM, MM & SM for far) are hopefully going to stay for a long time which would be the collector part. Tough question...I guess I go into the hobby to be a Player but decided I wanted all the best games and the only way I figured I could do it was by trading/selling and making my way up. My head hurts, I dont know which answer to choose?

#23 12 years ago

Collector,player,fixer

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

Collector,player,fixer

+1

#26 12 years ago

Collector, player, Getting better at fixing them everyday
    Obviously by my history I sell them too.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Player/fixer, like both aspects of ownership; actually I don't see how the two can be seperate

I know a couple people that have pins, and don't know how to work on them at all - kinda sad, because repairing them gives a self satisfaction. You know that the next time you roll over that switch, it's gonna work.

Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

Yes, it should have been a multi-choice poll

+1, This was the first poll that I did - didn't relize that there was a multi-choice

Something else I didn't put in the choice was Coin-Op

#28 12 years ago

You should add "Adventurer/Hunter" to that list as well Boogies!
    As for me,
    I am just a simple 'pinhead' (one who loves EvErY aspect of the Pinball culture)...
    No more, no less.

Why just have one piece of pie when you can enjoy/share the whole thing!

Now,

PIE.jpgPIE.jpg

Who wants some pie???

#29 12 years ago

I do everything, but mostly a fixer/player.

#30 12 years ago

Unless you have deep pockets I don't know how you could be a player or collector without being a fixer/restorer. Having said that, I know there are people who own machines with no desire or knowledge to fix them. There's certainly nothing wrong with that but I think your missing a rewarding part of the hobby if you don't open the hood on occasion.

Me, fixer/restorer primarily but I wouldn't put in the effort if they weren't a great deal of fun to play as well. Plus I really enjoy giving others the opportunity to play machines they wouldn't otherwise be able to.

#31 12 years ago

Im a player baby. Heres a pic standing next to my pinhauler. It doubles as a limo when Im taking my b*tchs out to make me money. Word. Sorry, I couldnt resist. Love to play first, clean second, repair last. sell...notta, never. just buy more to enjoy.

pimpnpinhauler.jpgpimpnpinhauler.jpg

Hey baby, I've got a HUO WH2O in here. Wanna take a ride?

#32 12 years ago

I collect & restore thus could not vote.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-are-you-in-pinball-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.