20220716_155310 (resized).jpg
20220716_155319 (resized).jpg
20220716_161647 (resized).jpg
7A3FA12E-7CAE-4307-AD86-5F0FD3A92E9E (resized).png
185910AC-1217-482B-B7FE-995AB61DFF66 (resized).jpeg
sand1 (resized).jpg
D117173A-4910-475C-A24F-7A5076453A83.gif
1DFC6390-046A-4294-920B-3F1F999EFE72 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#10 1 year ago

Where inflation is getting me..

Housing - I'm waiting to make a move that I want to make because inventory is scant and prices are insane.

Gas - Just sucking it up. We're not driving less. We will be going EV as soon as something like that Equinox EV with 300 mile range for ~$30K becomes a reality.

Food - Same as gas, but we don't eat out much and always shop sales.

Luxury Items - When nobody else is buying, it's actually a great time to buy this sort of stuff. You can buy a 77" LG OLED for just under $2K now. I'm not going to, but I'm tempted.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

??? This is the core of our economic system. Price your product as high as the market supports.

You can see this also on pinside. As long as there are people paying, items will be expensive. And profits will be record breaking.

It’s not a broken system. It’s working exactly as designed.

We've got businesses scooping up blocks of 1st-time-buyer homes, driving up prices and renting them out to those folks who should be buying them. People shouldn't have to compete with business to buy a home. It's disruptive and in many ways the system is broken. We're not supposed to be a nation of renters.

#175 1 year ago

Observations from Sam's Club yesterday...

Had to wait in line for a $5 rottisserie chicken. The week prior they were just totally out.

They are grinding prime rib into hamburger and selling it for a couple bucks more than regular hamburger. Lack of demand?

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

For 3 nights a week for a long time now I have been cooking BBQ chicken drumsticks, if you are into that and have a Lidl grocery store near you, they have 10-pound bags for $8.90. 89 cents a pound is a great price for meat these days.
I also stock up enough that I do not have to even drive to a grocery store over 2 times a month, but usually just once a month. Saves gas money and food money at the same time.
Priorities! Save on that stuff to have money for another game.

Just keep in mind you are paying for a high % of bone with drumsticks and wings.

#252 1 year ago

Had to buy CVT fluid today. I used to get a 6 pack of Castrol Transmax CVT for just less than $36. It is more than double now. Oil hasn't gone up like that. Anyway, found Valvoline CVT for $8/quart. I'm gonna try that.

Replacing CV axles sucks!

#257 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Yeah, blindly ordered a breakfast burito meal at McD's with OJ a month ago and was hit with a $9.83 bill. That used to be so cheap. We aren't even doing fast food anymore except Pizza Hut prices have held.

McDonalds will get ya. But they want us cheapskates too. Download the app. The 50% off entire purchase coupon that lasts all month is really nice when travelling. I got it in May, then my wife got it in June.

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Has anyone ever received any info from Levi that saved them money/value besides the usual sarcasm that that adds no value? I'm curious.

Well I was going to bet on the Washington Football Team a few times last year, but he convinced me not to. Thanks Levi!

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

(which by the way anyone who thinks that 1 person is at fault isn't as smart as they think).

I made a comment about my "synthetic" transmission fluid being so much more expensive. The clerk tells me "he shut down the pipeline and sells all our reserves, that's why". It's gonna be the morons vs the abortion rights folks this next go around. There's a reason authoritarian regimes purge the educated. They question things...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-are-you-handling-inflation?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.