20220716_155310 (resized).jpg
20220716_155319 (resized).jpg
20220716_161647 (resized).jpg
7A3FA12E-7CAE-4307-AD86-5F0FD3A92E9E (resized).png
185910AC-1217-482B-B7FE-995AB61DFF66 (resized).jpeg
sand1 (resized).jpg
D117173A-4910-475C-A24F-7A5076453A83.gif
1DFC6390-046A-4294-920B-3F1F999EFE72 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#176 1 year ago

Im not nearly as clever as many folks in this thread, but I am proud to say ive had 0 credit card debt for a very long time, and a stupidly inexpensive mortgage (compared to most of the country). So from a debt standpoint I am in fine shape. That said I waste tons of money on silly stuff, but could easily stop if push comes to shove.

I truly do feel for those who live in houses they can't afford and live off of credit cards. That sounds like an unbelievable burden to carry right now, especially those who purchased houses in the past year or so. I am far from an expert, but it seems like they are going to be terribly underwater for the next couple years.

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I lobbied for a big raise. thankfully, it worked. Now I can break even every month.
i forgot to mention the most important factor in my new found financial stability. I finally walked away from the biggest financial parasite known to man in 2020, my soon to be ex wife. Despite the burden of alimony and child support obligations exceeding 2500 bucks per month )ouch), I am still more financially stable than I've ever been in my life, and enjoy being able to actually save money for new pinball games and dirtbikes. When I was with that leach, I could never save a penny because she spent every red cent of my income before I could stash it away. It was bad. Financial freedom for me was as simple as looking at my own situation and confirming that I was married to and barely surviving with a complete money grubbing locust of a human being. I still can't believe I lasted nine years with that human virus. She still comes after me for money adamently. lucky for me, I'm an attorney and can endure her fruitless attempts to steal my livelihood, home children, and assets. let this be a lesson to all of you: Never tolerate a woman who is using you for your money. too many men fall into this trap.
Every man deserves to enjoy the fruits of his labor. When a parasitic woman deprives him of that, while simultaneously dictating the terms of the marriage, he needs to let her go. It is a hard move to make, admittedly. However, the liberty gained by taking the action required to rid himself of such a parasite is priceless, and the grass is GREENER on the other side of the situation, however difficult and adversarial the battle for freedom actually is. nothing worthwhile is ever easy. Everyone deserves liberty and reciprocity in their relationships, and nobody deserves to be robbed of their hard earned money by anyone.
I hope that this message finds any yet undecided and vacillating husbands who are currently toiling with the prospect of leaving a bad marriage and motivates them to take action to preserve themselves, their financial future, and their ultimate opportunity to enjoy their lives. Such a decision and action are hard to initiate, but they are paramount if one desires to live a fulfilling and liberated life.
Hog

So inflation made you leave your wife?

#202 1 year ago

I predict this will skirt right around moderation, the subtle presentation is impressive.

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

One thing I do to save money is play board games - another thread reminded me. It's fun, and costs nothing once you buy it. nice group activity, too. The new, modern board games - not the old Monopoly type of crud.

Agree, unless it takes more than 2 -3 mins to explain the rules.

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How Lamberger hasn’t been perma banned is one of the great Pinside mysteries.
He posts about 10 times a year, getting modded and usually ejected every single time, and then just comes back and repeats it.
Zero value added, here. Ever.

Angry Canadians. Law must have gotten to him.

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Be very careful with this, make sure to buy used name brand tools, not new third world mad crap. I've been in the trades for over 30 years, seen a lot of injuries happen with crappy tools, don't take chances with poorly made tools, could really cost you
B

Applies in general to, don’t buy bad tools. Can’t tell you how many junk tools I’ve thrown away after one use due to them stripping out, etc.

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Whenever I think 'we' have it bad, I just look at places that truly have it bad...like the Ukraine at the moment. Wonder how many pinball machines those people own.
You're welcome.

Perspective is something people will never understand. We’re all hypocrites when you bring perspective into play.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-are-you-handling-inflation?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.