(Topic ID: 217119)

How are you adding wax to your playfield?

By Schamattack

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5FEC2CED-5781-47EB-A4F0-769ECEC5D06A (resized).png
    colonel (resized).jpg
    3FC43EC3-E71A-4CEB-9125-7EDEA34BF90B (resized).jpeg
    20180520_000055_Film1 (resized).jpg
    20180516_160528_Film1 (resized).jpg
    20180520_000055_Film1 (resized).jpg
    91CABC29-4398-4266-9AF4-0371063FB170 (resized).jpeg
    fcca1cba8e5c0952fcd69008bc7fd5d96c3fa7da (resized).jpg
    zymol_glasur_porsche_wax (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Messages Image(80082350) (resized).png
    9 (resized).jpg
    11dagelico (resized).jpg
    IMG_0885 (resized).JPG
    CFD1B18E-3F09-4B2C-AAF0-DE2C076D5EAA.gif
    57AD0BB5-387A-47D6-9704-81F7AD4AF513 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Their website says it's not wax.
    Really, you need REAL PASTE WAX to protect a playfield. Not a liquid, not a spray but real wax.
    ....and do you guys know that ALL of this stuff has already been covered in a previous thread?????
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

I know that everyone has their own opinion and experiences with different products. I read every post in this thread. I also know that vid1900 has so much more experience with this sort of thing than I do. To me, if there is a best way of doing things, its the way that he does them. If its good enough for him, its definitely good enough for me. Everything that I needed to know was covered in great detail. My playfields are so much better now than they used to be.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

All the information, choices, disputes and arguments ultimately got to me. I no longer buy wax, or “wax” or anything that’s supposed to simulate wax.
    I just have bikini and lingerie models sit on my playfield.

Can you post a link to your supplier? I have a REALLY hard time finding stuff like that.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

She's doing it all wrong. The bottle should be tipped the other way.

Could be worse. My sister tried to change her oil for the first time, and thought that you have to pour it in through the dipstick tube. She said it took forever.

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from charles4400:

Proper playfield waxing:

The playfield looks like it is obstructed by the mod. That should be removed and it will make the game much more enjoyable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-are-you-adding-wax-to-your-playfield?tu=mcclad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.