(Topic ID: 217119)

How are you adding wax to your playfield?

By Schamattack

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5FEC2CED-5781-47EB-A4F0-769ECEC5D06A (resized).png
    colonel (resized).jpg
    3FC43EC3-E71A-4CEB-9125-7EDEA34BF90B (resized).jpeg
    20180520_000055_Film1 (resized).jpg
    20180516_160528_Film1 (resized).jpg
    20180520_000055_Film1 (resized).jpg
    91CABC29-4398-4266-9AF4-0371063FB170 (resized).jpeg
    fcca1cba8e5c0952fcd69008bc7fd5d96c3fa7da (resized).jpg
    zymol_glasur_porsche_wax (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Messages Image(80082350) (resized).png
    9 (resized).jpg
    11dagelico (resized).jpg
    IMG_0885 (resized).JPG
    CFD1B18E-3F09-4B2C-AAF0-DE2C076D5EAA.gif
    57AD0BB5-387A-47D6-9704-81F7AD4AF513 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

I don’t. I use Plexus. 50 bucks a can and protects way better

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

This stuff?
    amazon.com link »
    That's not wax. That's a cleaner/polish of some sort, and that type of cleaner is abrasive.
    Additionally, according to the safety sheet, it contains petroleum distillates, isobutate, and propane.
    http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/pdf/plexus-safety-data-sheet.pdf
    Petroleum distillates will cloud plastics, and isobutane can be used as a solvent.
    Combination products like this are more harmful than helpful.
    It also looks like it contains a bit of silicon, which contains very little long term protection. A couple games, and it's gone. Plus it's responsible for fish eye on playfields.
    So basically, it's pretty close to pledge. Pledge would be cheaper and do pretty much the same thing.
    [edit]: Yep, it's basically pledge. https://www.google.com/search?q=pledge+vs+plexus

I have been using it for 10/15 years. All my playfields are flawless and super fast

Ask guys that play my machines.
    Fastest Maxine’s around and flawless . No joke.

It’s a polymer nothing like pledge at all. Trust me

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nothing in the SDS PDF seems to describe anything like that. Where is that claim made?
    I'm seeing that some of the advertising claims to protect polymers and resins, but it doesn't seem to say that it actually includes any polymers.

Are you sure your looking at the same product

http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/about.html

Read the last 5/6 paragraphs especially

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You can read the ingredients for yourself. There is no wax in it. It is impossible to "put a nice slick wax on your paint" using a product that does not contain wax.

Well ...... hopefully this makes you guys eat your words.

Called the manufacturer Plexus and spoke with Blake who answered the phone at 6am there time to speak with me

He said that Plexus absolutely does have a protectent in it and it is a trade secrete. It was designed for the aircraft industry. Data sheets to NOT list all chemicals ...only ones that are deemed hazardous. it will actually smooth the surface causing less friction and add a protectant to it which will increase ball speed and inhibit wear

They 100% indorse using it on a pinball playfield and automotive clear and paint.

Do what ya want but according to the manufacturer it’s the perfect application.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Good job trying to get some evidence. I'll take a known wax over an untestable claim and an unnamed "protectent". If Blake lied to you there is no penalty. If they lie on their MSDS there are potential fines and FTC penalties.
    What is the penalty if you're wrong? A little extra playfield wear? Maybe some wasted gloves & masks from applying it?
    If that evidence is good enough for you then keep using it. I don't find it compelling but I understand why others might.
    Thank you for making the effort to call the manufacturer.

My evidence is I personally have been using it for 15 years on playfields with zero issues. Not sure but he may even chime in here eventually as he asked what the site was I was postIng on

All I know is it has been a amazing product for me thus far. But that said I am not comparing it to the duribility of carnuba wax. I just apply once a month or so

But then again maybe all the users of this expensive high end product are being duped and love paying lots of money for pledge

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The MSDS showed 25-50% for plexus.

Use what the hell ya want. Telling you it’s a quality product. I’ve had ZERO issue in 15 years. Maybe I’ll have to give it 20. My playfields are all flawless except for dimples.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Oh, thought you were asking for the MSDS for plexus.
    There appears to be no MSDS's available for P21S or Blitz according to the databases I searched. An MSDS is typically required when there is something poisonous, flammable, corrosive, or reactive in a product--a lot of solvents fall under that umbrella. I don't think it's a coincidence that two completely different carnauba paste waxes don't have an MSDS published.

Maybe that’s why Plexus does not have to list it either. Hmmmmm that’s just what the manufacturer told me.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

but it does
    HEMICAL NAME(COMMON NAME) CAS NUMBERQUANTITYWeight %
    Aliphatic petroleum distillates
    64742-89-8
    20-25*
    Isobutane
    75-28-5
    10-15*
    Propane
    74-98-6
    1-5*

The manufacturer told me there are many other ingredients that are not listed because they are trade secret and are not hazardous so they are not required to be on there

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Forceflow and Vid are always correct

So is my boss.

#164 5 years ago

Its funny...... when we talk about this subject we really should seperate the question into clear coated and non cleared playfields.

Just a thought.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-are-you-adding-wax-to-your-playfield?tu=hoby1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.