(Topic ID: 212679)

How are ramps from Pinball Spare Parts Australia?

By IceMaster

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8197 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Saw their store on eBay and they have a lot of really hard to find ramps. I was just wondering if i should hold out for a NOS or go with them for my WCS.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au

#2 6 years ago

Sorry don't know anything specifically aboot ramps but they are a respected company and I've dealt with three many times.

But let's see if anyone has tried their ramps

#3 6 years ago

The ramp I got for Dirty Harry from them was NOS. And one of the last ones available.

#4 6 years ago

Very weird coincidence. I just bought a WCS ramp from them 4 hours ago. Seemed like the only option as no one else had them available. I'll let you know whenever it arrives... have no idea how long that will take. Looks like ramp flaps and stickers aren't included.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from IceMaster:

Saw their store on eBay and they have a lot of really hard to find ramps. I was just wondering if i should hold out for a NOS or go with them for my WCS.

These are the guys that bought a large part of Gene's IPB inventory. They have a TON of hard-to-find parts, many of which weren't even cataloged when they bought Gene's inventory. I've bought from them before and never had a problem.

#6 6 years ago

Bought from them many times. Marc runs a good operation down there. I found a health board for a CP in his pile of stuff. Great people to deal with.

#7 6 years ago

I used them 2-3 times.
    Now waiting for parts for JY.
    3 weeks of waiting.Hope to arrive soon.
    But until didn't have problems.

#8 6 years ago

Pinball Parts Australia are good guys. I've bought ramps for my WCS94 and JM from them. They were NOS ramps, not reproductions, and they were in perfect shape. I believe they bought out Gene Cunningham's parts inventory and shipped it all to Australia, and within that inventory were some hard to find NOS ramps that they've been putting on their site as they go through the inventory.

The only thing to note about NOS ramps, and you probably know this, is that the original stock thickness is thinner than all the reproduction ramps I've purchased. The guys doing the reproductions have designed the new ramps to be thicker and more durable than the original ramps, but for games like WCS94 and JM where to my knowledge there has never been reproduction ramps made, you gotta go with NOS if you can find them.

#9 6 years ago

buy gear off them often and never had a problem the ramp i got was fine, they are just bare ramps

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from IceMaster:

I would hold out for a NOS. You may get lucky and get one that fits properly. Remember they come bare so you will have to fit ramp flaps etc.

#11 6 years ago

I bought the full set of Cactus Canyon ramps from them awhile ago. 1 ramp had a small crack in it. Looked like a flaw when formed. Sent Pic and they sent me a replacement. Great to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from again. Just my experience.

#12 6 years ago

I bought some WCS ramps about a year ago and they were well made. My only issue was that some of the holes weren't taperred and I had to do it myself but apart from that. Awesome.

#13 6 years ago

Guys thankyou for the kind words and feedback
    I do my best to remake as many ramps as I can.
    some are NOS, some are formed locally as an economy replacement to keep prices low for you
    and will continue to make all ramps that are not available as I can.
    Due to my health things have slowed down but have a few more arriving this year
    thanks again
    mark
    ps attached one half side of our ramp racks ... even come with williams dust on some...

IMG_8197 (resized).JPGIMG_8197 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #14 6 years ago

Well, they arrived quicker than I could have imagined, about a week from Australia to Houston. Have no idea if it is new or replacement, but it's a lot better than the one I had with a huge chunk of the side wall where the diverter blade strikes.

Trying to think of some way to reinforce the area (and the hole where the diverter blade goes through at the top).

Mike

Quoted from mikeflan:

Very weird coincidence. I just bought a WCS ramp from them 4 hours ago. Seemed like the only option as no one else had them available. I'll let you know whenever it arrives... have no idea how long that will take. Looks like ramp flaps and stickers aren't included.

#15 6 years ago

Strange my delivery from Australia to Europe is about 4 weeks for now.May be you used some express delivery?

PSPA send you a PM

#16 6 years ago

I have five PSPA ramps in my CCC. Couldn't have done this project without their ramps. Thanks Mark C and crew for reproducing them.
    Wally

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-one-more-cc

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I bought some WCS ramps about a year ago and they were well made. My only issue was that some of the holes weren't taperred and I had to do it myself but apart from that. Awesome.

I bought my WAS ramps from them and they were great. Too bad the one lower right ramp isn't available.

Don't forget the decals too.

#18 6 years ago

stay away from his MM wireforms. Look like garbage and had broken welds. For sure aftermarket pieces manufactured poorly.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-are-ramps-from-pinball-spare-parts-australia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.