Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superbee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've often wondered how pins are actually put together. More the upper and especially the lower playfield. I assume all the solder joints were done one at a time by hand in the old days. Are they still done this way or is it all automated now? I think it would cool if the show How it's Made would contact Stern and do a show on it.

#10 9 years ago

Never thought to check first. Nevermind.

#20 9 years ago

Its funny, when i first started coming to Pinside it seemed to be a place where a bunch of great guys and gals came to talk pinball, share ideas,knowledge and a general passion for the hobby. And for the record most here are absolutely incredible people that have helped me out in so many ways and i have tried to give back what i have learned. Sadly, for what its worth (which im sure is not much) im noticing a real bitter attitude lately. For those that understood my intent with this post... thanks , for those who mocked me, (not the ones in true jest but the real m`coys) ..sorry, i will try real hard to do my homework next time before posting something as stupid as this without doing my homework first.

SUPERBEE out !

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Magic fairies type into google and check the first 3 results.

thanks , didnt realize i was a magic fairie

Quoted from Aurich:

You see, when a mommy pinball loves a daddy pinball very much ...

now this is true humour !

Quoted from wayout440:You must be new to this thing called the internet

Thanks for the heads up . Yeah, new to the internet.

Quoted from dung:

Man forgets to breathe. News at Eleven.

good call !

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:Its no different then a school playground....got a few black eyes, and my ass kicked more times
    then felt good.
    But dont take it too hard....I know, easier said then done....we really do want all noobs to stay active and be OK to give a little shit back!

Even Aurich will take ribbing!

So.....hang in their SuperBee...jump back in, take a face palm, and the group here will have your back...

We may bark, but dont bite, and we all love pinball....

Thanks man, ive been a member for over a year and been part of many ,many posts. Like i said, mostly very cool people here.

Quoted from jackd104:

That was a cool video but very superficial. It was more like "how a playfield is assembled." Missed out on the design phase, from brainstorming to prototyping to gelled. Also the whole coding aspect. And play testing, bug testing, code refinement. And manufacturing process, designing all the physical toys, tooling, production etc. and not to mention the business and marketing and distribution. It would be awesome if someone made a real in depth documentary on the process!

Jack

Now here is a great response , even though its been done.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superbee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-are-pinball-machines-made?tu=superbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.