(Topic ID: 214551)

How accurate is "The Pinball Arcade"?

By ShadowFlame76

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9CC9F1E3-D186-486B-86FC-15CFB3334009 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

To the people that have a lot of the pinball machines that are available to play on "The Pinball Arcade" how accurate would you say the game play is when compared to the physical tables?

I would have to say it's semi accurate, but doesn't allow for little nuisances, as in TPA you can forever make a shot over and over again without the ball doing anything slightly different.

What are your thoughts?

We all can't afford a real table. I only have one and can't justify buying another with the prices that these are going for now not to mention maintenance issues.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's a reasonable approximation, however, if you play a game on the app, then a real example of the same game, there is certainly a noticeable difference.
    I still enjoy TPA, though.

Keep in mind, you don't have to go for the high priced group of A-list titles. There are thousands of titles out there, many of which are still affordable. Also, if you learn how to repair games, you can get dead and broken ones fairly cheap and fix them up yourself.

Yes, I would love to get another SS era or a cheaper DMD game, But my Dungeons and Dragons machine is having a problem with the upper right flipper being weak and really loose. So I ordered a rebuild kit from pinball life and a new coil and EOS switch just in case. I recently had a tech come over and replace the broken coil on the left magic save gate as well as replace a switch for the skill shot and help make a new gate for said skill shot. So that was $120 then the price of the order from Pinball Life is $177 CAD. It does add up, but hope that once the flippers are rebuilt they will last a long time.

I have "permission" to get 1 more machine in October. Keep in mind I am in Canada and Pb prices here are higher than US. Next game needs to be at least SS with a ramp and voices. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd love a Highspeed 2, but that's a little too pricey.

Quoted from BenLogan:

Tables on Pinball Arcade look pretty nice, but ball and flipper physics need much improvement.
    I recommend Visual Pinball. Community is great about helping newbs get up and running. It’s free! We love new folks:
    http://vpinball.com
    Here’s the latest version of Whitewater for VPX from Flupper, for example.

That is quite amazing

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My mommy has given me permission to keep that lizard I found.

Good for you

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-accurate-is-the-pinball-arcade?tu=shadowflame76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.