(Topic ID: 159585)

How accurate are the 'estimated price' ranges on pinside?

By EvanDickson

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by azpinguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Trying to figure out how to price games for sale or purchase. Ebay is right out. My best bet is to look for something comparable in the market place, and to check xmission pinball classifieds. The estimated price ranges for games in the pinside game profiles seem to run much lower than anything I see advertised. Does that mean the adverts are out to lunch, or the estimated prices lag the actual market by a year?

#2 7 years ago

Since joining the site, I've asked the same question. Recently, I've been talking to a lot of different people and I've found that (for the most part) the estimated price guide here is pretty accurate, especially for games that are bought and sold frequently.

#3 7 years ago

Depends on the game and location. Some prices are more accurate than others. What game are you interested in?

#4 7 years ago

When I agree with it, it's accurate. When I don't agree with it, it's inaccurate. Pretty simple.

#5 7 years ago

The price range is based on past pinside sales.

Any price guide should be taken loosely because any number of factors--condition, location, sudden popularity, the release of new/needed parts, etc

#6 7 years ago

The great thing about Pinside is that you can look for "Comparables" here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/archive

Look for recent sales and adjust +/- for condition, mods and location.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

The great thing about Pinside is that you can look for "Comparables" here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/archive
    Look for recent sales and adjust +/- for condition, mods and location.

What he said.

When I'm looking at buying a game, I check sales within the year. Then I look at comparable condition. If you want to get really accurate, watch CL and pinside for a few months. You'll notice trends with certain eras of games and you'll be able to pick out the top games and the dogs.

The price guide on pinside lags behind because it's dealing with a lot of lean years and prices are on an upswing right now.

#8 7 years ago

all my games are undervalued on here

But yeah most are at least in the ballpark

#9 7 years ago

whenever im looking to buy a new game, i search previous sale threads for that machine and see condition and asking price and whether or not it sold to help gauge a current price point.

#10 7 years ago

I use Pinside to get an idea but never use these figures to buy or sell.

#11 7 years ago

Add a couple hundo on the price if the machine does not need any work.

Prices are climbing...

#12 7 years ago

Here is a summary of the last 44,000 pins that actually SOLD on Ebay in the last 12 months.

http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay112315.htm

Some games only have a few examples sold, but when you have 32 TAF, 28 Playboy or 20 High Speeds, you can get a pretty good estimation.

#13 7 years ago

You know the -Average- prices pinballs sold for on Ebay on your list are pretty fair, and actually seem "below market".
    It is just such a waste of time as 99% of the pinballs listed on ebay never sell. I wish they would raise the BIN listing fee to 5% of the starting price for all auctions that start over $200... That would pretty much put and end to the constant fishing for a sucker that goes on there. You want to start at $1 with no reserve (and actually let the auction complete normally), sure list that for $2.00.
    -Shawn

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-accurate-are-the-estimated-price-ranges-on-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.