Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jayhawkai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gob-on-magic.gif
    kiss-coffin.jpg
    PinBall-Machines-10.jpg
    aztec tomb.jpg
    3072f1.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Anybody want to be buried in their favorite pinball machine? Might have to fold some of you taller guys in half to fit but a pinball cabinet may just work as a good casket! Some may even be cheaper than a real casket.

#2 9 years ago

You first.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

3072f1.jpg3072f1.jpg

#4 9 years ago

At least a box of ashes wouldn't take up too much room in the back of the cabinet.

#5 9 years ago

Do they have to be dead first ?

LTG : )©

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

At least a box of ashes wouldn't take up too much room in the back of the cabinet.

I wondered what the urn was doing inside the pin I bought off craigslist

#7 9 years ago

Im thinking a hercules cabinet...then i could pack on as many extra pounds as i can and still fit...

#8 9 years ago

I'll be buried in this (not the pinball machine):

aztec tomb.jpgaztec tomb.jpg
    #9 9 years ago

as a casket no thanks, but the shape could be an interesting pf cab with a tombstone backbox.

#10 9 years ago

PinBall-Machines-10.jpgPinBall-Machines-10.jpg

kiss-coffin.jpgkiss-coffin.jpg

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from t2:

Anybody want to be buried in their favorite pinball machine?

Heavens no. That would be a waste of a perfectly good pinball machine. When you're dead, you can't play. That's not to say you shouldn't have pinball included in your death. This is America after all. If you want pinball as part of your burial, you damb sure can have that.

I have explicit instructions in my will for my services to be held at Ahlgrim's Funeral Home in Palatine IL. (just outside Chicago) Ahlgrim's has a very nicely appointed chapel that seats 250 people. Stained glass windows, redwood alter and pews, blah blah blah. Downstairs they have a sweet 9 hole mini golf course and an arcade with pins.

You guys are all invited too. Please leave your beers downstairs for the brief (5 mins tops) service. Tourney starts 10 minutes after the service ends. Sudden death elimination format. (obviously)

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

PinBall-Machines-10.jpg 198 KB

kiss-coffin.jpg 25 KB

Is that a Kissket?

#13 9 years ago

So, what about a custom built pinball machine casket with legs, so the poor friends
    Carrying you to the grave can put it down and have a breather.
    And of course with invisiglass foa an open casket, and a translite with your life summed up.
    When they lift you down, they fold the back box down.

Then go play some pinball.

Axl

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Ahlgrim's has a very nicely appointed chapel that seats 250 people. Stained glass windows, redwood alter and pews, blah blah blah. Downstairs they have a sweet 9 hole mini golf course and an arcade with pins.
    You guys are all invited too. Please leave your beers downstairs for the brief (5 mins tops) service. Tourney starts 10 minutes after the service ends. Sudden death elimination format. (obviously)
    » YouTube video

Right on Phishrace !
    Sounds like you're putting the "fun" back in funeral...

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

I'll be buried in this (not the pinball machine):

aztec tomb.jpg 43 KB

The Aztec Tomb! That is a great magic trick!!!!

#16 9 years ago

Might as well well bury us in them....our kids and most wife's don't give a sh#t about them....pinball and retro-gaming dies with us people....do you think one of our kids will pay these crazy prices for pins and games in 30 + years....the reason we pay it is because we are trying soooo hard to relive our past and be a kid again....for our kids to be a kid again in 30 years...all they need is an ipad,iPod and a couch......$300 for a bubble bobble pcb....yaa right..........Joey

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

the reason we pay it is because we are trying soooo hard to relive our past and be a kid again....for our kids to be a kid again in 30 years...all they need is an ipad,iPod and a couch..

Soo sad but sooo true !

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

The Aztec Tomb! That is a great magic trick!!!!

gob-on-magic.gifgob-on-magic.gif

#19 9 years ago

since i no doubt will pass on with at least 2 unfinished projects, i'll have my wife part one out and bury me in the empty cabinet...

edit: i really wish that rotordave had come to the east coast to buy a machine from me in the hearse... it would have blown my neighbors minds...

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Please leave your beers downstairs for the brief (5 mins tops) service.

You might rethink that part or no one will be at your service.

Thanks for the invite. Can't wait.

LTG : )™

#21 9 years ago

Last funeral I went to had the reception in a small hall with a Stern Lightning, Bally Motordome, a Multicade and about a half dozen dedicated arcade and redemption games.

3 weeks later
    #22 9 years ago

Maybe I'd be ok with being dropped under while inside of a Harley Davidson cab. I'm, in no way, a fan of the brand or the game. Just trying to be a nice guy because at least then there'd be one less of those on the streets.

#23 9 years ago

A Wrastlemania Undertaker LE could make a good casket.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-about-pinball-caskets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.