Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2932 (resized).jpg
worth.gif
gof (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 2 years ago

I would love an alternate code and callouts for my AFMr. It's my favourite game as it is out of the 25 that are here, but having an alternate code (or two) sitting alongside the original code would thrill me.

It's the reason i went in on the Mermaid from Haggis.

Love my original fathom, but a few subtleish changes like rgb, lcd's in the apron is great. The purchase was driven by the alternate code though. I would not have upgraded if it had not been for that.

So there you have it. I would pay $11,500au for new code, as long as it came with a new pinball machine.

I'm with you mate and think your idea is great, but FFS count how many times you said 'I' in this post.

Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, for those who don't know me, here is a little background:
I have been coding since 1977. I have coded in almost every type of environment, every type of IDE, I have coded automated manufacturing equipment that I have built from scratch for an aerospace manufacturing company. I have coded in machine language, assembly, 6502, 68000, x86, C, C++, FORTRAN, COBOL, LISP, JAVA, .NET, etc... etc... I have done coding for real time testing equipment used to qualify aviation navigation lights to FAA requirements.
I am a classically US Navy trained electronics technician, I can troubleshoot and repair almost any electronic device I have a schematic for and even things that I do not. I was trained as a nuclear reactor operator and served onboard the USS Andrew Jackson ballistic missile submarine for 7 patrols off the northern coast of Russia.
I am an animator, and graphic artist. I can 3D model, I can 3D print my own prototypes, I have done the shaking saucer animation on the original Visual Pinball release of AFM, and was paid royalties for my code when they used it in UltraPin. I drew and animated the wiggly aliens as well. I coded the toys for a bunch of virtual pinball titles, including Junk Yard's crane toy, and Jurassic Parks animated T-Rex, and the ferris wheel in Cyclone. I pioneered most of the techniques they used to pull off these recreations.
I am a musician, I play the guitar and piano, I have a bunch of friends who are also into music, with their own studios and equipment for doing recordings and capturing callouts, music, speech, etc... I have done callouts and animated them using single, frame by frame techniques. I have done custom DMD animations for a custom virtual pinball title. I have written a custom pinball operating system to control a virtual pinball machine.
I am a maker, I make things. I helped build a full size flying replica of the Wright Brothers 1903 flyer for Dayton Ohio's Centennial Celebration of Flight back in 2003.
I have 3D printed and built my own CNC router to cut out custom playfields for my own custom projects.
I have built and populated my own virtual pinball machine out of a used Rollergames cabinet.
So there you have it... could I pull off recoding my MBrLE?, well with enough time and trouble, yeah, I think I could do it. Would it be easy? No. Would it be quick? No. Will it happen? I don't know. That is why I started this thread, gauging interest and viability. And for the record, I released all my VP pinball stuff free to the internet, not charging one cent for any of it except when approached by Ultrapin developers for commercial use and release.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is EXACTLY why I didn't share the code Lyman and I wrote together got AFM! Too many "know it alls" on Pinside!!!!!!! I play it every night because the rules are so deep you cannot see them all in a single lifetime. But you get nothing from me!!!

How bout me?

I'll be your best friend and carry your books for a year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-about-custom-code-for-cgc-remakes?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.