Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2932 (resized).jpg
worth.gif
gof (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

These games all sell out their entire runs without “new” code.

The code on all the remakes so far was done by Lyman. Don’t know why you think anybody else would do a better job.

If there’s a reason for CGC to want to do this, I’m not seeing it. It’s fan-fiction, not profitable pinball production.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

So why does this ring so hollow for the people wanting CC to be CCC? Don't tell me there are not people who want expanded code, they sold a few BOP 2.0's and people say CC needs a code update. If it is "the classic" you say it is, then why do people want a code update for CC? Just put out that wonderful classic code and be done with it. Yeah, right, and we have an actual developer adding (with permission) things to old B/W classic titles, there's even a thread here on it, along with fixing old bugs? You are not the entire voice of Pinside Crazy, so lets let others chime in before you try your major thread squashing tactics here, OK?

People want "custom/expanded code." Just like they want every game to have 15 magnets and 3 upper and lower playfields.

Doesn't mean it makes any sense for CGC to do it.

I repeat, all of their remakes have sold out, without having to invest time, money, and staffing resources on fixing what isn't broken: classic Lyman code.

It's an idea that doesn't seem to make sense for a company whose reason to exist is profit. But then, Pinside specializes in this kind of "fan fiction" thinking.

#18 2 years ago

Some choose to "squash threads" with insight gleaned from decades of experience, others choose to do it with giant chunks of text without paragraph breaks. We all got our own M.O.

Hey, is anybody rushing out to fork out $500-1000 for this custom code yet?
gof (resized).jpggof (resized).jpg

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s not my normal M.O. - I used to leave the extended mono paragraph posts to flynnibus but now he’s stopped doing it.
Hence I felt it was missing on Pinside of late. But I know you have trouble reading more than a few lines so I’ll be mindful next time.

You are many things but a paragraph eschewer you aren’t. Keep up the good work!

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.
What’s the pic? Is there a NGC C in the works?

How could you miss it?!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg20-new-code-for-your-no-good-gofers-2020

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, how did i miss that chestnut?!?
Well, that’s what countless hours of programming brings. Not easy.
Looks like it ended up being $1395 plus the p-roc - so close to $2k. I think bop 2.0 was about the same. At the time it was more expensive than the original game itself.
Wonder how many Ngg C’a he sold in the end. Not the most active thread.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of animal that grey thing is supposed to be.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Or I could continue with my other pinball related coding projects, but currently I'm getting a 6 figure salary plus bonus coding for a national bank.

worth.gifworth.gif
#32 2 years ago

Whenever people start bragging about their fabulous wealth around here I can't help but flash back to that dude who swore he owned not only Porsche and a 4k television, but also a top of the line LE edition bulldog (with papers!)

It pretty much ended the discussion, as none of us could ever hope to aspire to such material richness.

#56 2 years ago

Terrible ideas were meant to be crapped on.

Don't blame the crappers. Blame the crappees.

#62 2 years ago

If the two of you aren't "crappers," I suggest you make an appointment with your personal physician ASAP!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 29.95
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-about-custom-code-for-cgc-remakes?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.