(Topic ID: 226155)

How about a western theme pinball game!?

By kvan99

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wyopin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFA1AB79-EB86-4399-993A-45A8AAEBFCFE (resized).jpeg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (resized).png
    310-to-Yuma-2007-1 (resized).jpg
    245_1 (resized).jpg
    20180919_183805 (resized).jpg
    12F31177-5A59-4B85-9F3B-DED882271D86 (resized).jpeg
    81E6B1B2-F29B-4FEF-9BFA-06D71F72422A (resized).jpeg
    el-topo-french (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image.png
    western-movie-historyA.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I don't know about you guys but I'm pining for a Old West pinball game. I have a dozen machines and I still love playing the Wild West on my Ipad. Now, I don't mean an old woodrail or throw back like Whoa Nellie I'm thinking a western themed modern game, with ramps, rules and maybe an upper pf. Packed with gun duels, train heists and Indian raids kind of stuff. It would be awesome if they could hook up an actual pistol like the old 90's shooting games.

#2 5 years ago

Pistol Poker. Cactus Canyon.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

The Good The Bad and The Ugly would be cool

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah, that would be a good one, imagine getting Eastwood to do the callouts, hopefully a little better than what he did with DH The music and LCD graphics are already there.

#5 5 years ago

Yes. We could use a couple more Western theme pinball machines.

western-movie-historyA.jpg.cf (resized).jpgwestern-movie-historyA.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
    #6 5 years ago
    pasted_image.pngpasted_image.png
    #7 5 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

[quoted image]

I actually own that game, it's good but a bit repetitive with the poker challenges.

#8 5 years ago

I would love a good the bad and the ugly pinball I also think a Westworld pinball would be cool.

#9 5 years ago

I’m hoping for a CCr with CCC code. Take my money!

#10 5 years ago

Red Dead Redemption is going to big the biggest video game ever!
    It would make a great pin and the young uns would dig it.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Red Dead Redemption is going to big the biggest video game ever!
    It would make a great pin and the young uns would dig it.

Holy shit, I forgot about that theme, it maybe the one that can spark interest between us 40-50 yr olds and the young kids. I just think it will need some awesome toys: train, saloon and maybe a bank. Or alternatively Borg could reskin TWD and make the barn into a saloon and the well walker into a gunslinger.

#12 5 years ago

El Topo please.

el-topo-french (resized).jpgel-topo-french (resized).jpg
    #13 5 years ago

Give me one called Pony Express. And you have to get the mail from St. Joseph MO to Sacramento CA.

#14 5 years ago

Strike while the Coen iron is hot Stern!

81E6B1B2-F29B-4FEF-9BFA-06D71F72422A (resized).jpeg81E6B1B2-F29B-4FEF-9BFA-06D71F72422A (resized).jpeg

Or, keep sticking with the 80’s comedy...

12F31177-5A59-4B85-9F3B-DED882271D86 (resized).jpeg12F31177-5A59-4B85-9F3B-DED882271D86 (resized).jpeg

#15 5 years ago

Westworld.

#17 5 years ago

Young Guns would maybe work as well, I’ll make you famous.

#18 5 years ago

I love the humor and layout in Cactus canyon as well.

#19 5 years ago

For sure. This could be an amazing theme for a pin.

#20 5 years ago

One of my favorites is "Once Upon A Time In the West" Charles Bronson and Henry Fonda. Bad ass gunslinger revenge flic. I own a CCC and can't get enough of it! Hoping that CC is remade so all of you Western Theme pinball lovers can get a chance to own and play that game with enhanced code of some kind.

#21 5 years ago

I always thought Wild Wild West movie would have been a good theme for pinball. Old school western theme with the sci-fi guns and antics going on. Only time will tell.

#22 5 years ago

Another vote for red dead. New game coming and it will be popular for years if it turns out like GTA V.

That last game was so good. If u have not played go pick up a copy.

#23 5 years ago

One ramp sounds like a horse running second ramp train chugging Bash toy Clint Eastwood character with guns drawn JJP figures the rest out

#24 5 years ago

Morricone needs to do the music, that’s all I know.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Everything he did was amazing. But his score to Once upon a time in the West was an absolute masterpiece.

#26 5 years ago

I would love a western themed pin also.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Yeah, he was amazing..some of his scores are more famous than the movies he made them for.

#28 5 years ago

Blockbuster games today can make more money than blockbuster movies. See GTA5 with 95 million copies sold. Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to be huge. With Rockstar's post launch support it will be relevant for years to come.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Music and callouts would be epic! Love that movie. So much you could do with just the three main characters. Just not sure how an old cowboy movie like that would rise above all the other easy money grab titles of arena rock bands and popular modern movies.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Blockbuster games today can make more money than blockbuster movies. See GTA5 with 95 million copies sold. Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to be huge. With Rockstar's post launch support it will be relevant for years to come.

He speaks the truth

#31 5 years ago

Got you covered!

20180919_183805 (resized).jpg20180919_183805 (resized).jpg
    #32 5 years ago

A good Western theme would be wonderful:

- Westworld - I'm concerned about Westworld as a theme, the show is still running and moving around too much. I'm afraid the theme would be an android theme instead of a western theme.

- Magnificent 7 - I didn't like the remake but the pinball game designs itself. Gather the Magnificent 7 in 7 different modes. Wizard modes are different fights from the movie. Throw in some gambling and showdowns modes and you've got a great game. Maybe reference the original movie instead of the remake?

- Tombstone - Love this movie. Sam Elliot may not be that expensive to hire

- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Another fun western that I think could make a great pin where the player robs banks and escapes the posse.

- The Three Amigos - Shout out to NimblePin for mentioning it first. This would be my pick. Fun. Funny. So much to design from. Defeat the Germans Mode. My Little Buttercup Multiball? Defeat El Guapo mode and Amigos Amigos Amigos wizard mode... So much.

#33 5 years ago

Really loved the remake of 3:10 to Yuma. My all time favorite modern western movie with an all star cast.

It's about ten years out as far as license is concerned, but in pinball reality, that makes it more than current.

245_1 (resized).jpg245_1 (resized).jpg310-to-Yuma-2007-1 (resized).jpg310-to-Yuma-2007-1 (resized).jpg
    #34 5 years ago

My vote would be for the obvious best Western, Blazing Saddles.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (resized).pngaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (resized).png
    #35 5 years ago

I’m WAY down for a good ole western pin!
    Or even an outdoorsy mountain man pin, like a Frontier II

CFA1AB79-EB86-4399-993A-45A8AAEBFCFE (resized).jpegCFA1AB79-EB86-4399-993A-45A8AAEBFCFE (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-about-a-western-theme-pinball-game?hl=dontpanicflip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.