(Topic ID: 25696)

How about a thread for people who have actually played WOZ - just players please

By RTR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Banker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 11 years ago

I will confirm the game was set up with the rear leg levelers all the way in (no elevation). There wasn't much time to experiment with the pitch so it was left that way since all the shots could be made with the current flipper strength settings.

I did get some time playing it (I'm the one playing in Martin's video). I will second Clay regarding fit and finish, just incredible! Photos and video don't do it justice. Here are my impressions regarding gameplay:

1)Right ramp - I like the way it feels. It seems like once the ball gets past a certain point it gets sucked up and goes around. I was surprised that some shots that didn't seem strong enough would make it all the way around. As is, the ramp could be made from either flipper and was very satisfying to hit.

2)Flipper strength - even though they could make all the shots I felt they needed a little more pop. Since the flipper strength will be adjustable this shouldn't be an issue.

3)Pitch - I would have liked a steeper pitch as the game does feel a little floaty with no elevation to the rear legs. Even so, there were times when the ball was flying around pretty quickly. I'm really looking forward to playing it once it gets dialed in.

4)Flow - hard to really judge since flipper strength and pitch have such a huge impact on flow. I think it's pretty clear from the playfield layout that it's more similar to TZ than it is to Spiderman.

5)Overall - I enjoyed playing the game even though it had very limited rules and wasn't dialed in. I liked that I didn't notice any consistent misses or made shots that lead to immediate drains. There is a good variety of satisfying shots and the sound system is pretty impressive.

I would say the art, playfield design (toys, shots, figures, etc..) and build quality are excellent IMHO. That's three down and two to go (rules and sound). With Keith and Chris taking care of the remaining items, I predict the game will be a masterpiece once they are finished working their magic .

Jim

#37 11 years ago

One additional comment regarding the spinning house playfield. With such a limited time at the show it was hard to develop a rhythm with the shot. With more time it seems like it might get easy to make the loop over and over. It will be interesting to see what they do to keep this shot fun and challenging.

Jim

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-about-a-thread-for-people-who-have-actually-played-woz-just-players-please?tu=Jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.