11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I would love it if there was a database that would include key things needed for doing a quick shopout. Whenever you acquire a new pin, you would simply look up your game, and have instant access to information such as the number and types of coils needed, sleeves, rubbers etc ... I know this information is available in the manual, but it would be great if you could look it up super quick in one convenient database. Would anyone else find this helpful?

#2 11 years ago

This is useful

http://www.moll.no/pinball/parts/index.php

Oyvind Moll took all the parts lists for WPC games off IPDB and put them in a searchable database.

Why would you buy a bunch of coils to shop out a game? The ones in there should be fine!

New sleeves, sure.

Do wildcard searches.

For example, 03-706 returns all coil sleeves. The parts list calls them 'coil tubing'

24- should return all bulbs

Or, just search on 'post', etc.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Why would you buy a bunch of coils to shop out a game? The ones in there should be fine.

It was more so that you could quickly check to make sure that the correct ones were installed. Thanks for the link! I'll check it out when I get home.

#4 11 years ago

Like we were talking aboot a long time ago, a database of lots of things like this would be great.
    A machine's page could have a link that takes you to a technical area...for lack of a better term. These areas you're mentioning could be tabs. 1 tab could be for quick shopout. Another tab what to look for when buying. Another tab for shop out tips/problem areas etc etc.

#5 11 years ago

I'm wondering if this sort of info couldn't be added to the IPDB? Of course, I'm not really sure how that thing gets updated (or who chooses to). I've tried to upload better copies of images/manuals, and it seems to be locked down.

Besides coil sizes, I would also like for every pinball machine:
    * Bulbs used (and how many of each)
    * Rubbers (sizes, quantities). I usually order kits from online stores or ebay, but they aren't always right, and I know they're charging a premium for assembling a kit
    * Correct fuses (amp rating, quick/slow blow), quantities, where it's used, where you can find it on the machine

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-about-a-quick-shopout-database and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.