Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dhard
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dead_horse.gif
    Bobbymich03.jpg
    HillbillyTeeth2.jpg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 8 years ago

Why not? It would at least be better than Kiss and that's doing well...

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Why not? It would at least be better than Kiss and that's doing well...

Kiss is a brand. They sell merch. Do people buy Kid Rock brand Mullethats?

Icons icons icons. Kiss are iconic. Kid Rock is not.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Kiss is a brand. They sell merch. Do people buy Kid Rock brand Mullethats?
    Icons icons icons. Kiss are iconic. Kid Rock is not.

It was a half-joke...I just dont dig Kiss.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

It was a half-joke...I just dont dig Kiss.

Me either...well, I like their music well enough & will listen to it on the radio, I just don't have any connection to the whole Kiss mythology. Totally makes sense as a pinball theme, though.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Me either...well, I like their music well enough & will listen to it on the radio, I just don't have any connection to the whole Kiss mythology. Totally makes sense as a pinball theme, though.

Led Zeppelin makes sense...you could even say Rush does too.

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Led Zeppelin makes sense...you could even say Rush does too.

Rush ABSOLUTELY. Every celeb & musician would buy all the LEs!!!!! Zep, I guess. Not a fan...couldn't say how their fanbase translates to pinball buyers.

#57 8 years ago

I heard Rush was coming out 2018 after Iron Maiden & Jaws.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard Rush was coming out 2018 after Iron Maiden & Jaws.

I heard it would be in 2112.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I heard it would be in 2112.

I heard that hear too...and finally the first Stern with LCD backglass

#60 8 years ago

kiss is (was) an act with a highly recognizable visual aspect that had not been done before. That's why it stuck in my opinion. Kinda like a bunch of clowns or dudes that took halloween just a tad too far. I don't think any of them are great musicians but must admit they did a tremendous job attracting a huge fanbase. The huge fanbase and visual impact is why the machines sell. Kid Rock has the fan base but not the visuals. probably a way more talented guy but that won't cut it on something that relies on visual impact like a pinball machine. Pink Floyd on the other hand...

#61 8 years ago

Great another band pin! ... uhh No.

#62 8 years ago

I might know someone who is re-doing rules and art for a dolly parton playfield into a kid rock themed pinball (seriously)

#63 8 years ago

Hell no. Too many real bands who can actually write and perform music deserve a pin before this moron does...........

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffpm:

Only if it played Bawitdaba on constant loop.

Pretty sure the Geneva Convention bans this.

#65 8 years ago

dude is a self proclaimed "White Trash Icon" nuff said.

#66 8 years ago

It'll look great next to WWE

TOOL on the other hand...

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

kiss is (was) an act with a highly recognizable visual aspect that had not been done before. That's why it stuck in my opinion. Kinda like a bunch of clowns or dudes that took halloween just a tad too far. I don't think any of them are great musicians but must admit they did a tremendous job attracting a huge fanbase. The huge fanbase and visual impact is why the machines sell. Kid Rock has the fan base but not the visuals. probably a way more talented guy but that won't cut it on something that relies on visual impact like a pinball machine. Pink Floyd on the other hand...

I LOVE Pink Floyd....but I don't think it's primo fertile pinball ground. Very few of their songs are of the "pump you up during multiball" category.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from DevilsTuner:

dude is a self proclaimed "White Trash Icon" nuff said.

I'm not even sure what this means. Is it good or bad as far as a pinball theme goes?

#69 8 years ago

I think a Coors Light pin would do better.

#70 8 years ago

Here's a quick list:

Iron Maiden Yes
    Led Zeppelin Yes
    Talking Heads No
    R.E.M. No
    Beatles Yes
    Yes No
    Johnny Cash Yes
    Frank Sinatra No
    Rush Yes
    Aerosmith No
    Willie Nelson Yes
    Kid Rock F&#k No

#72 8 years ago

^ That's funny, I like YES though

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I LOVE Pink Floyd....but I don't think it's primo fertile pinball ground. Very few of their songs are of the "pump you up during multiball" category.

floyd has plenty of themes, imagery and soundbytes to work with. I see your point if you had to associate an entire song with a mode but I thnk it could be done with fragments of vocals, guitar solos etc. be cool to set up the playfield like the stage in the pulse video with those gnarly pigs, the airplane etc. then there's the wall imagery characters and stuff too. I think it would outsell all others if it could be done. But it won't cuz Waters is a control freak

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

floyd has plenty of themes, imagery and soundbytes to work with. I see your point if you had to associate an entire song with a mode but I thnk it could be done with fragments of vocals, guitar solos etc. be cool to set up the playfield like the stage in the pulse video with those gnarly pigs, the airplane etc. then there's the wall imagery characters and stuff too. I think it would outsell all others if it could be done. But it won't cuz Waters is a control freak

Floyd has done very little licensing and it's because both Gilmour and Waters feel the same way about it. Both are richer than humanly necessary. No idea if getting this license would even be possible. Even through the Wall Waters isn't the sole writer of their material, either.

The only Floyd song I ever remember hearing in an advert was ANy Color You Like, and that's because Richard Wright licensed it as the sole songwriter.

#75 8 years ago

Kid Rock has a Guns N Roses pinball machine in his basement bar at his home in Michigan. I'll buy pretty much any music themed game (except country), so I hope Stern keeps cranking out these kinds of licenses.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No idea if getting this license would even be possible. .

agreed. I don't think its possibe and I don't think it could be done without it like the hammer of the godz thing. I'm not convinced that is gonna work out well either

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

^ That's funny, I like YES though

Think of the cool Roger Dean artwork, though.

#79 8 years ago

Mods please close this thread.

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Aw aw aw awww...

Well, you tried to branch out, I'll give you that...guess it's back to bitching about Stern prices and macro'ing about WOZ's toys!

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"How to offend everyone in five words or less" a short story by Panzerfreak...

#82 8 years ago

Upchuck on something.
    I think I'll pass.
    But Mr rock could be included in the Joe Dirt pin!

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Aw aw aw awww...
    Well, you tried to branch out, I'll give you that...guess it's back to bitching about Stern prices and macro'ing about WOZ's toys!

What the hell is your problem with me today? I asked about peoples thoughts on a Kid Rock machine and you acted like a jerk multiple times and insulted others. That is the reason why I asked this thread to be closed, YOU. You have displayed this type of behavior before in other threads. It's sad. Seriously please go take some anger management classes and grow up.

Btw, I just bought a Metallica Pro a couple months back and love it. Oh, that WOZ macro was made just for you 5 magnets, 2 mini playfields...Oh, your blood pressure is rising as you read that? lol

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

"How to offend everyone in five words or less" a short story by Panzerfreak...

I created this thread to have a discussion, not to see people insulting each other as well as groups of people. That is not a discussion.

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What the hell is your problem with me today?

I dunno, you're just fun.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I asked about peoples thoughts on a Kid Rock machine and you acted like a jerk multiple times and insulted others. That is the reason why I asked this thread to be closed, YOU.

Why single me out? You have like 87 downvotes and plenty of people shitting on Kid Cock.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You have displayed this type of behavior before in other threads. It's sad. Seriously please go take some anger management classes and grow up.

Project much? Who's angry here? Not me. I just think Kid Rock is a hilariously stupid theme idea. No anger attached.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Btw, I just bought a Metallica Pro a couple months back and love it. Oh, that WOZ macro was made just for you 5 magnets, 2 mini playfields...Oh, your blood pressure is rising as you read that? lol

No, I really don't care. You're the one who has to look at that thing in your house and then waste time typing about it over and over again.

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I dunno, you're just fun.

Why single me out? You have like 87 downvotes and plenty of people shitting on Kid Cock.

Project much? Who's angry here? Not me. I just think Kid Rock is a hilariously stupid theme idea. No anger attached.

No, I really don't care. You're the one who has to look at that thing in your house and then waste time typing about it over and over again.

Whatever you say Rarehero. I really feel sorry for you. Don't walk or type through life being so angry. Smile and be positive

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Whatever you say Rarehero. I really feel sorry for you. Don't walk or type through life being so angry. Smile and be positive

I don't need your sorrow. I'm quite content in life. I know context is lost through typing...but the fact that you're pulling "anger" out of my posts is amusingly wrong - just like your taste in games! OOOH! See, that's a joke, brothah I mean - "GRRRRR!"

Don't worry...be Beetle!

#88 8 years ago

I suppose if I had to chose between Kid Rock and Kiss....... I would choose...... NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This really should have been the second and last post in this thread.

#90 8 years ago

Kid Rock? Why not? I think his jams sound okay, good as anyone that might get a pin from Stern.
    But more onto the "make any music pin, pin" idea.
    Won't happen, mostly because of music rights, and the commercial application of pinball in public, basically becoming a jukebox.
    What would be interesting, is a multiple-band game. That is, one playfield design, and several bands cold license to sell them. Sort of like the NFL (striker extreme) games. Then a ton of the bands could have a pin, even Kid Rock!

#92 8 years ago

I've heard that he has a nice personality.

#93 8 years ago

I met Bobby and his family in Michigan in '03 when I drove motor-coach for RJR. Real nice guy.
    Bobbymich03.jpgBobbymich03.jpg

#94 8 years ago

We all like different music, which is a good thing because otherwise it would be a boring world. I can't stand ACDC or Kid Rock, but I won't insult those who listen to it. I love KISS, I know that isn't everybody's cup of tea, so what?

Let's keep it professional.

#95 8 years ago

Is this an appropriate time to inject my Tron VE gif file?

dead_horse.gifdead_horse.gif

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Is this an appropriate time to inject my Tron VE gif file?

dead_horse.gif

That's the same GIF people used for MM, IM, and the 2nd and 3rd runs of Tron!

#97 8 years ago

Tensions are running high. But we can't allow the likes of Kid Rock to tear us apart!

That's just what he wants. Come on people, we are stronger together.

#98 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

It is...I totally ripped it off of someone from Pinside .... but I am coining it the new Tron VE gif since it caused some controversy in the last VE thread

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

This really should have been the second and last post in this thread.

thats some funny stuff right there...

#100 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Funny, I started using that GIF a decade ago on the AVS forum.

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-about-a-kid-rock-pinball-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.