Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by akm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

normal-gearbox-fast-and-furious-gearbo.jpg
    fast_and_furious[1].jpg
    In[1].jpg
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I know most are sick of themed pins but that is what Stern does. There are 6 movies to take material from and another on the way. Lots of action and speed. Steve Ritchie could do this one and maybe, just maybe it wouldn't be a fan layout.

#2 10 years ago

great idea.

#3 10 years ago

He could bring back the accelerator or whatever that thing is on The Getaway. Just think about the ramps and the toys.

#4 10 years ago

Retheme NASCAR, you already have the ball doing loops around the playfield.

LTG : )

#5 10 years ago

I can see it now. Clips from each movie would be good.

Would have 3 different MB's:

Tokyo Drift Multiball
    Nitrous Multiball
    Pursuit Multiball

#6 10 years ago

great idea,I always thought gone in 60 seconds could be a good one.
    You could have classic muscle cars spread across the playfield hit certain shots to unlock the cars before your able to steel them,and then you have to hit a certain shot after each car has been stolen to get to the garage so your able to collect the list of cars,while this is going on you have a certain amount of time from once the car is stolen to hit the garage or else you get busted by the cops,so pretty much after you have hit the rite shots the ball becomes the car getting chased trying to make it to the garage.not sure exactly if that sounds rite, :-)it makes sense to me,sorry to go off topic,but for sure fast and furious would be slick!!!!!

#7 10 years ago

Why did I not think of that
    Amazing theme
    Fast flowing game
    Great music
    Tons of multiball and modes
    Stern should make it

#8 10 years ago

Ill put in a call Tuesday morning and give Stern the go ahead to start on it. Steve Ritchie/Lyman of course. Subways, ramps galore, drop targets. Shit Ill make it a wide body with 3 levels. Ill go all out.

#9 10 years ago

Bad idea, it would flop big time. I can just see the big picture of Vin Diesel on the playfield............and people thought the Angus face was bad??

#10 10 years ago

I think we all have to give up the idea of an unlicensed pin. Sounds like a good theme to me. They're up to 6 movies now, right?

#11 10 years ago

I agree with thedarkknight77 regarding the potential for a Vin Diesel themed backglass. That shouldn't ever be allowed to be created.

#12 10 years ago

With the vast amount of material, it would be good for Stern's LCD platform if they ever get to releasing it (which, at this stage I am not convinced Stern plans to release it on any machine even next year . . . they are apparently setting sales records without the risk, added work, or added cost).

#13 10 years ago

great idea, stop all superheroes

#15 10 years ago

No, 6. New one is in theaters. Fast five is out on DVD

Sick isn't it?

#16 10 years ago

The Fast and Furious 2001
    Two Fast Two Furious 2003
    The Fast and Furious : Tokyo Drift 2006
    Fast and Furious 2009
    Fast and Furious 5 2011
    The Fast and Furious 6 2013

Seems like six to me. And The Fast and Furious 6 predates Tokyo Drift

Which sets up for Fast and Furious 7 2014 with Ian Shaw looking for Dominic Toretto.

Time for a great pin !

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

No, 6. New one is in theaters. Fast five is out on DVD
    Sick isn't it?

Quoted from LTG:

The Fast and Furious 2001
    Two Fast Two Furious 2003
    The Fast and Furious : Tokyo Drift 2006
    Fast and Furious 2009
    Fast and Furious 5 2011
    The Fast and Furious 6 2013
    Seems like six to me. And The Fast and Furious 6 predates Tokyo Drift
    Which sets up for Fast and Furious 7 2014 with Ian Shaw looking for Dominic Toretto.
    Time for a great pin !

Yes yes, technically correct. Although, tokyo drift can't be counted for anything other than a filler movie made to make money. It has nothing to do with anything and is a horrible movie.

#18 10 years ago

you could make the pin and have it be pretty much all about the cars and have very few pictures of the actors.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Yes yes, technically correct. Although, tokyo drift can't be counted for anything other than a filler movie made to make money. It has nothing to do with anything and is a horrible movie.

Vin diesel had a 30 second bit at the end.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Pretty sure you can claim the same for the other 5 as well Oscar worthy masterpieces they are not!

#21 10 years ago

Terrible movies terrible theme and terrible actors

This could be the pin that jumped the shark. Pin may never recover if this was made.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

This could be the pin that jumped the shark. Pin may never recover if this was made.

I would have to agree. I really can't stand any of these movies. A good car chase themed pin would be Vanishing Point, best car chase movie ever made.

#23 10 years ago

"Fast & Furious 6" rang up an estimated $98.5 million in domestic ticket sales from Friday through Sunday and was speeding toward $122.5 million by the end of Monday's U.S. Memorial Day holiday, distributor Universal Pictures projected.

Seems the public disagrees.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from treibj:

I would have to agree. I really can't stand any of these movies. A good car chase themed pin would be Vanishing Point, best car chase movie ever made.

Ronin or anything with Steve McQueen

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

"Fast & Furious 6" rang up an estimated $98.5 million in domestic ticket sales from Friday through Sunday and was speeding toward $122.5 million by the end of Monday's U.S. Memorial Day holiday, distributor Universal Pictures projected.
    Seems the public disagrees.

#26 10 years ago

Lord knows that raw thrills made a killing off the series

In[1].jpgIn[1].jpg
    normal-gearbox-fast-and-furious-gearbo.jpgnormal-gearbox-fast-and-furious-gearbo.jpg

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

+1 I saw the first film and that was enough for me, just awful.
    I have no interest in a pin based on this dribble.

#28 10 years ago

Sure it still sells tix but the masses are asses and the public don't buy pins.

Sure every tapout wearing juice head/ wankster saw this movie and took their gold digging skank gf to it but the rest of us normal people haven't watched one in ten plus years since the first one.

So ummm yes it's a terrible pin idea.

#29 10 years ago

Honestly, I liked the first three. Haven't seen 4 5 and 6 but it could make a good pin if done right.

#30 10 years ago

Anything could make a good pin if done right. Bad themes can make good games and vice versa.

This is a bad theme, I'm sure stern is too smart to bother with it. Too busy working on walking dead Star Trek and muppets.

#32 10 years ago

I agree, good movie for a pin. Why hasn't anyone suggested this before ?

F&F 1,2,3 could be the greatest trilogy of our time........ hmmm... ok maybe not, but still think it could be a fun pin.

#33 10 years ago

I can see this one having a nitrous button in the lockdown bar for sure.

#34 10 years ago

I liked how they did 2 Fast 2 Furious but then I didn't get what was up with 3 Fast 3 Furious. The clever title just didn't work beyond the second movie.

#35 10 years ago

A good car themed pin would be great. The thought of a Vin Diesel face on the translite is scary, though. As long as the translite doesn't end up looking like Demo Man with Vin Diesel instead of Stallone in the middle this could be a fun title.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

A good car themed pin would be great. The thought of a Vin Diesel face on the translite is scary, though.

I agree, all you need are cars and models to make a winning theme with it. The name can bring in the fan base as it is a rather popular movie. I picture a newer version of the High Speed: The Getaway.

Here is an excerpt from USATODAY this morning:

"Fast & Furious 6 spent the Memorial Day weekend revving the box office to record sales over the holiday.

The latest installment of the lead-footed franchise did a whopping $122.2 million over the holiday weekend, according to studio estimates from Hollywood.com. Analysts projected the Vin Diesel film would open to $80 million.

Moviegoers went mad over Furious, however. About 73% of critics gave it a thumbs-up, while a staggering 95% of fans liked it, Rottentomatoes.com says."

#37 10 years ago

I pitched the idea to Gomez and Ritchie at expo 2012.
    Then plastered the FF6 movie poster on Facebook 2013 to them.

FF7 will feature Jason Statham in Tokyo.
    Great theme and much material.

As well as Mad Max Fury Road (4) coming.
    I bet one of these themes will be made.

6 months later
    #38 10 years ago

Paul walker just died. Maybe scratch that ff pin.

#40 10 years ago

Man, this is so sad, I dont want to believe it. As a lifelong car guy, this is one of my favorate movie franchises. Paul Walker, you will be missed...

#42 10 years ago

crashed a $500,000 Porche

#43 10 years ago

That really saddens my expectations for the next movie.

Great actor, he'll be missed.

LTG : (

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

crashed a $500,000 Porche

I know, I heard the sad news about a Porsche being wrecked and people keep bringing up the passengers death. I mean seriously, it's a Porsche. Wtf is wrong with you people?

#45 10 years ago

If the news story I read is correct, PW was the passenger, not the driver. RIP. Enjoyed the movies.

#46 10 years ago

Yes Paul was the passenger

#47 10 years ago

RIP very sad day

#48 10 years ago

sad news as ended the F&F series and even worse that he was a passenger and killed - probably kill the next movie…

#49 10 years ago

The next movie was supposed to be in 2014.

#50 10 years ago

They made a arcade game about the series but never did a pin. It would make a great pin.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-about-a-fast-and-furious-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.