Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dooskie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I did not wake up this morning with the intention of adding two pinball machines to my collection.

As I was sipping my first cup of coffee, I noticed a Judge Dredd for sale in Boston, about 4 hours away, and put out a price check on the Pinside forum. While considering the responses that were posted, I happened to notice a Black Knight and Jungle Lord for sale in Gardner, MA, which is about 3 1/2 hours away. $1,600. I couldn't pass it up. One of my employees (who loves pinball as much as I do) volunteered to make the drive to pick them up. He had them in-hand by 3 p.m., I had them to a fellow in Newport that repairs and refurbishes pins by 7:15 p.m. Then of course we both had to stay and play a few of his games, and pulled back into the golf course about 9:30 this evening.

One small problem.....I probably should have at least talked this over with my better half. I got 'the look' that I hadn't ever seen in 8+ years of bliss. The explanation 'it was a really good deal and if I waited to talk to you first they would have been gone,' wasn't getting me anywhere. The 'I promise this will be the last one' line didn't work either.

Now I am not only in 'the doghouse,' but I am really in the doghouse....I've got my spot secured on the couch for the next few days until things simmer down, but in the meantime my two dogs are really po'd at me because I've stolen their spot on the couch. So pretty much everyone in the house is pissed at me right now.

Oh well. All in the name of pinball, eh?

#2 4 years ago

Congrats on the pins!

Too bad about the Homefront though. I wear the pants in my house so I guess I can't relate.

I kid I kid! Good luck!

No but seriously....where are my pants?

#3 4 years ago

Buy her some flowers and forget about it. Congrats on the real score!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Congrats on the pins!
Too bad about the Homefront though. I wear the pants in my house so I guess I can't relate.
I kid I kid! Good luck!
No but seriously....where are my pants?

Normally not an issue, but I do seem to find all kinds of ways to get myself in trouble.

#5 4 years ago

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Congrats on the pickup.

#6 4 years ago

Congrats on the pickup. There were some others down here that I know were considering pouncing on that deal. With Pintastic right around the corner, I think a bunch of people are holding off on purchases until the show passes.

You know I also heard that a guaranteed one-way ticket OUT of the doghouse is to unload your ST Pro to me

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Congrats on the pickup. There were some others down here that I know were considering pouncing on that deal. With Pintastic right around the corner, I think a bunch of people are holding off on purchases until the show passes.
You know I also heard that a guaranteed one-way ticket OUT of the doghouse is to unload your ST Pro to me

Oh trust me, that would put me in even deeper. The four games that are currently set up get played a lot by both of us. And since we're both Trekkies......yeah, I'd really be in it then.

#8 4 years ago

I just did something similar. When it comes to pins I don't ask, I just do. Saw two old Em's, Royal Flush and Amigo, for sale and both were in excellent shape and the price was right. I just told her I was getting them both. I got the evil eye but she likes both games now so all is good in my hood.

#9 4 years ago

Joe, the BK would look awful nice next to my BK2K!!! (Just so we are clear, I am picturing you selling me the BK not vice versa!)

#10 4 years ago

Glad they made the trip okay, thanks again and enjoy!

If you don't mind being in the doghouse a little longer, I have a very nice Capcom Breakshot for sale

#11 4 years ago

I saw this kind of thing happen live in person last night. My dad just brought home a Derby Day and Fish Tales last night and my mom was not too happy to say the least. She says I'm now an accomplice, which is ok because my dad and I have been partners in crime since forever.

If you care to see pictures of the new FT, it's over in the "what pin did you bring home today" thread. And here's a link for Derby Day for the lazy: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=667

#12 4 years ago

Hope your marriage counselor is a pinhead!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Glad they made the trip okay, thanks again and enjoy!
If you don't mind being in the doghouse a little longer, I have a very nice Capcom Breakshot for sale

That Breakshot really looks nice. I have to wait until we put the addition onto our pro shop before I buy anymore machines.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Jspeedbar:

Joe, the BK would look awful nice next to my BK2K!!! (Just so we are clear, I am picturing you selling me the BK not vice versa!)

I played a BK2K for the first time at Paul's Pinball Palace in Newport. What a great game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside