20230926_194647 (resized).jpg
20230921_085209 (resized).jpg
20230920_180104 (resized).jpg
20230920_180010 (resized).jpg
20230919_070857 (resized).jpg
20230919_170016 (resized).jpg
20230919_170006 (resized).jpg
20230919_165938 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've found an Apollo 13 and it's going to be delivered next Friday. I will post pictures when I get it.

There really is not much info out there on this game. Not many mods mentioned or even pictures posted. There are a few videos on youTube and there is one cool mod where somebody put LEDs inside the blasters on the rocket.

Lets all start here with pictures and mods that you have done. How about some ideas for mods?

#2 9 years ago

For a game that is loaded with features it doesn't seem to get much respect. I bought my SST a couple of years ago and not regretted it one bit. This baby will go right next to it.

The first thing I will be doing to mine when I get it is take off that factory mylar.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I will join for a day, then exit. My Apollo 13 will be leaving tomorrow afternoon (between noon and 3) to travel to its new home. Pappy, please send me some pics with the mylar removed. I think that will look fantastic!

Will do buddy. I'm going to do a few things like paint that ship and the inside of the cabinet. Probably some other mods too. Looking forward to a little pinball work. It's what I really enjoy doing, although it's hot as hell here in Texas. I will post pictures of the whole process.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from BasD:

Finally found one yesterday!!!!
Just stood in a storage for ages.

Post some pictures. Love to see the condition of that game after it's been sitting in storage so long.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from sp005:

13 ball multiball is a gimmick.

I hear if you set the settings to hard play the game is much better. Much harder to reach the 13 ball multiball.
Have you done any mods to it? Lets see some pictures.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

You can also play in tournament mode by holding the left flipper (I think) while pressing start. This keeps the blastoff from carrying over between games, making you earn the 13 ball multiball each game.

That's good to know, thanks Nexyss.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I will be psoting mine for sale and it is real nice; everything on it including the moon magnet is working and it has the topper also. Going to list it at 2600 firm; it is a real nice one; comes with manual and pincab protectors also.

That's a fair price. Did you do any mods to it? Post some pictures here when you get it ready.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Nice club...anyone has an AP13 with the moon magnet working? Never actually seen it in action, every AP13 I've played had the magnet out of commission.

This is a nice video that shows all the features in the game, including the moon magnet. It's not mine.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Pappy, go back and watch that video after you have played a few games on your game. You will really appreciate the difference the LED OCD board makes when you compare these choppy lighting effects to it.

Will do, I'm really looking forward to seeing the OCD board difference. BTW do you have to plug in a laptop to make and edits to the software? How do you adjust the light settings?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from BasD:

Love the shaker motor!!!!

I forgot about the shaker motor. When does it go off? Is it integrated well into the game?

#25 9 years ago

My baby is on the way. Should be here on Wednesday.

IMG_20140710_154335.jpgIMG_20140710_154335.jpg

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPall007:

When your play goes into multiball after you launch the rocket. It doesn't have to be the 13-ball multi. It also goes off during some of the missions, though I don't remember which ones. Nonetheless, you're gonna love it! It' a really cool pin!

Cool, I can't wait! Will post pictures tomorrow when I get it.

#30 9 years ago

Anybody have some pictures to share of their Apollo 13? Mod Ideas?

#33 9 years ago

Just found out today that my Apollo 13 won't be arriving until next Monday or Tuesday.

#37 9 years ago

Got the game today. Now let the mod in' begin. Had some moon magnet issues but seems to be working fine now. The wires inside the magnet were broken.
IMG_3803.jpgIMG_3803.jpgIMG_3799.JPGIMG_3799.JPG

Got me some speaker lights and some cliffy colored post rubbers.

IMG_3802.JPGIMG_3802.JPG

#38 9 years ago

Next I have to repaint the rocket and figure out a way to build new mount tabs back on it. One is missing and the other is broken.
IMG_3805.jpgIMG_3805.jpg

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Congrats on the new pin looks real nice pappy!

I got one coming too

It's at a depot right now and It'll ship tomorrow. Hopefully I get it by the end of week

Thanks. It's a fun game. Post some pictures here when you get it.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from BasD:

Whooo! Those leds look great in your game!
Might put a few in mine also

Thanks. They were already put in by the previous owner. He also added a OCD board which in my opinion makes a huge difference.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

looks nice pappy! Just FYI, the rocket is missing the top also. I believe it's a lightning rod of sort.

Thanks bull, I was thinking of using a piece from a model kit. I just need to find one at the right scale.

#48 9 years ago

Mylar is coming off easily with the freeze spray. Playfield looks brand new underneath!

IMG_3839.jpgIMG_3839.jpgIMG_3840.JPGIMG_3840.JPGIMG_3841.JPGIMG_3841.JPG

#50 9 years ago

Scraping the glue off now. Let the Goo Gone sit a few minutes and it comes off pretty easily. Now all I need to do is wax this baby. More pictures to come.
IMG_3843.JPGIMG_3843.JPG
IMG_3845.jpgIMG_3845.jpg
IMG_3844.jpgIMG_3844.jpg
IMG_3847.jpgIMG_3847.jpg

No wax at all. Just the original beauty that awaits underneath the mylar Wax goes on tonight. Pictures to follow.
IMG_3853.JPGIMG_3853.JPGIMG_3851.JPGIMG_3851.JPGIMG_3850.JPGIMG_3850.JPGIMG_3849.JPGIMG_3849.JPG

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Wow that's shiny! I've been wanting to pull the mylar off mine but I'm kinda nervous about the 13 balls thrashing about the playfield. LOL my machine gets played a lot.

Thanks. I'm not worried about the playfield, plus I've set 13 mb to hard. Won't happen very often. I also know of another Apollo 13 game that has the mylar off.

#53 9 years ago

Where are all the Apollo 13 owners? Certainly there are more than this?

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So now there's just wax protecting the paint? Or is there some kind of factory clear on it then they put the mylar on.

There is factory clear on the field just like any other pin. I don't know if Sega put mylar on all their pins or not. I have a Starship Troopers and it doesn't have a mylar on it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't taken off by the last owner. One could say that they put the mylar on the Apollo 13 because of the 13 mb. For location it makes sense but for home use I don't think it's necessary. You just need to have the proper mylar spots where the ball drops.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Or a lot of non Pinsiders own them.

I know there are more Apollo 13 owners than this on Pinside.

#60 9 years ago

Waxed it last night. The playfield looks brand new. I changed to white rubbers and blue post sleeves. Next is the speaker panel light kit.

IMG_3856.JPGIMG_3856.JPGIMG_3855.JPGIMG_3855.JPGIMG_3854.JPGIMG_3854.JPG

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Although I'm not so sure I want to be comparing the one I get to yours...very nice

Thanks, I still have much work to do. The cabinet needs some work, outside and inside. I also have that rocket issue to deal with. Would love to find a replacement. But the previous owner already tried that route.

#63 9 years ago

Still having some problems with the wires going into the moon. They seem to rub and drag on things through and under the playfield. Cool feature but poor design. The blue ramp rubs against the moon a little bit too.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Pappy, I can take some pictures of how my wires and ramp are ran for the moon if you want, then you can compare the two. It might be helpful, might not. It'll have to be later today after I get home from work.

Brian

Dude that would be great. Please take one from the top looking down into the hole where the moon drops the ball too.
Fantastic!

#69 9 years ago

Yes this helps a lot. Thank you so much!

Looks like your ramp is rubbing on one side of the moon too? Your wires are similar to mine but they are tucked a little different underneath. I will see if I can do the same as yours. Does your moon ever drop the ball and miss the hole slightly and then the ball rolls on down the ramp to the flippers?

#71 9 years ago

I installed a speaker light kit from speakerlightkits.com. Which color do you guys like? The red, green or blue?IMG_3867.JPGIMG_3867.JPGIMG_3866.jpgIMG_3866.jpgIMG_3865.jpgIMG_3865.jpgIMG_3864.jpgIMG_3864.jpg

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Hi Pappy,

I'm glad these help. My moon does not rub on the ramp at all. It's very very close but they don't touch. I haven't seen any missed ball drops into the hole. But I will say mine does not make it in perfectly. It seems to hit the side a bit.

Thanks Brian,
Mine probably needs some tweaking but I'm so tired of messing with that assembly that I'm probably going to leave it for now. I probably don't have the band lined up with the gears perfectly.

I have another question for you though. Does it seem like the VUK to the auto launch seem a little strong? When the ball is launched to the shooter lane it hits the side of the cabinet so hard it makes a real loud whack sound. I imagine that it's because the ball is hitting the metal band that runs along the right side of the inside cabinet. I checked the coil size and it matches the manual. It just seems too strong. I put some dead bounce rubber on the spot where the ball hits and it helps but still not enough.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

My ball eject into the shooter lane is crazy loud too.

Good to know. Thanks.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Does the green come across a little brighter in person ?

Yes it's brighter but with the green you can't see the text "Apollo 13" on the speaker grill. Seems like blue and red are the best. I'll put it on cycle for awhile.

#78 9 years ago

Does anybody know what this plastic is for?
IMG_3868.jpgIMG_3868.jpg

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

It's for a keychain. That is all I could come up with after searching online.

It has three holes, so i dont think its a key fob.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from mcjeremy42:

When I repaired my moon magnet, I added a little bit more wire to act as a strain relief. Haven't had your problem of the moon rubbing in the ramp. Maybe make sure it's mounted straight? Or the ramp didn't shift?
Nice job removing the mylar! I haven't had the balls, and mine isn't too scratched up.
I've had my A13 for a couple of years, and I will warn that the balls get magnitized fairly quickly. I found this because of jamming in the trough, and the game kicking out more than one ball to the launch.
Also, because of the shaker, I've had to reseat the LED digit for the countdown. Next time it happens, I may try some double sided tape.
Question for Pappy--How hard was the speaker light install? Been looking at these, and didn't realize they had A13. Was it quick and easy?

Speaker kit was real easy. Ive done a few of them so it went pretty fast for me.

1 week later
#83 9 years ago

Just replaced the coin eject buttons. I also figured I would clean the coin door. The door had a sticker in the middle and the outside trim needed to be repainted.

Here you can see the sticker in the middle of the door and the torn up coin eject button.
IMG_4043.JPGIMG_4043.JPG

Taking out the screws to separate the door from the trim.
IMG_4046.JPGIMG_4046.JPG

Clean the surface before painting.
IMG_4049.jpgIMG_4049.jpg

I used this paint. I like the thickness and durability for this purpose.
IMG_4051.jpgIMG_4051.jpg

I didn't show the picture here but I painted the trim with a primer before I applied the black epoxy.
IMG_4054.JPGIMG_4054.JPG

And the final result. I still need to do some cabinet touchup but the door is good enough now.
IMG_4058.JPGIMG_4058.JPG

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Does anybody know what this plastic is for?

Anybody?

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

I believe its to replace the lunar lander ship on the right

That's a great guess, I believe you are right. Thanks.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

DMD shuts off sometimes. Usually a whack to the right side off cab brings it back. Seems like a shitty connection somewhere.

Yep, you are on the right track. Should be a lose cable.

Quoted from Jeekayjay:

8 ball lock is slow to load after Blastoff. It seems like the opto is having trouble detecting the balls in the trough. After doing nothin for a few seconds it seems to do an auto-attempt which loads the ball.

I have read about the balls getting magnetized. This could be the case. Try some new balls and see if it helps. You should also be able to test each opto in the switch test.

Sorry to hear about the damage to the cabinet. Some filler and paint should fix it. Was there any other cabinet damage?

#90 9 years ago

Just got my cover from András and it looks great. I only use these covers for the games in my garage.

IMG_4066.jpgIMG_4066.jpgIMG_4065.jpgIMG_4065.jpg

#91 9 years ago

I figured I would post this in order to help somebody else down the road. I took off the rocket to see how I would repair it. Suddenly I noticed that there were two flashers inside. Never seen them go off before. Then after closer inspection I noticed the wires had melted together and there was corrosion on the socket tabs.

Here are the wires I pulled off of the two flashers inside the rocket.
IMG_4081.JPGIMG_4081.JPG

Here is the inside of the rocket and you can see where the bulbs had burned and actually melted it.

This is the area after I have replaced the wires and the burned inside of the rocket.
IMG_4082.JPGIMG_4082.JPG

Naturally when I go into flasher test mode I find out that there are 8 flashers not working in the game. I jumped the transistor in the power supply board and the flashers light up. So this tells me I have a logic problem. I'm not positive yet but it looks like I have a transistor blown and maybe a diode too. My theory is the wires melted together and shorted out the string. You can see in the first picture that the orange wire is black on one end. I have ordered the parts and I should find out for sure this weekend. Wish me luck.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

So this tells me I have a logic problem. I'm not positive yet but it looks like I have a transistor blown and maybe a diode too.

Just FYI in case anybody is checking. The problem was two transistors (Q32 and Q28). No back to the rest of the restoration. Next up is repainting the rocket.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Also the little red light on the opto board closest to the door is not lit ( the board on the other side has a tight connection and the red light is always on)....

There are two opto boards, one is an emitter and the other is the receiver. Only the emitter should have a red light on it. You can also go into switch text mode and test each switch with you finger. You should hear a beep if the switch is working.

#96 9 years ago

I finally have repainted the rocket ship. It's not perfect but it's a lot better than it was. It's just too damn hot here in Texas right now for me to care that much lol.

Here is the before picture.
IMG_4085.jpgIMG_4085.jpg

I ended up removing the decals and then reapplied them after the paint is applied.
IMG_4087.JPGIMG_4087.JPG

Now comes the base coat of white spray paint.
IMG_4092.JPGIMG_4092.JPG

Now comes the masking for the black shapes.
IMG_4094.jpgIMG_4094.jpg
IMG_4095.jpgIMG_4095.jpg

Here is the final result. With the decals back on. Not perfect but good enough for me. I still need to fix the last broken mount tab. I just realized I need to paint the silver top section.
IMG_4097.jpgIMG_4097.jpg

More final "in game" pictures to come.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

How do I test the opto exactly?

Go into the switch test mode and start hitting switches on the playfield to make sure you're getting the sound to indicate that the switch is working. This way you know you are in the right test mode.

The take a piece of paper just big enough to block the emitter beam going to the receiver opto. You should hear the same sound as the other switches to indicate it's working.

#99 9 years ago

Here is the rocket ship painted and installed WITH the working flashers inside.
IMG_4102.jpgIMG_4102.jpg

#100 9 years ago

I added another mod. I found this Saturn V ship on Amazon.
IMG_4122.jpgIMG_4122.jpgIMG_4116.jpgIMG_4116.jpg

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

I am in the correct area for testing but nothing happens when I interrupt the beam. I have to wiggle the power connection to the receiving opto board to get it to make a sound. I have a friend with great soldering skills I shall recruit to resolder the connection and see if that helps .

I really like your Saturn rocket add on it matches the other rocket very well.

Thanks. Yep, you should get a sound when you interrupt the beam. Sounds like a lose connection somewhere. Reflow the pins on the connector. Check the connector itself too. May need to be replaced.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

ello can anyone tell if the membrane switch is glued down only or does it also have screws ? I see three blank holes there

Mine is glued don. There are no screws in the three holes. Post some pictures of your game. Have you done any mods? Lets see em'

#108 9 years ago

Ouch! I bet that was expensive.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

$125 at Marcos.

Yep, Ouch! LOL

glad this club is on pinside btw

Welcome we can use all the members we can get. I'm actually surprised there are only a few people that own Apollo 13. This may be one of the most underrated pins. Now that I have mine working all the way I'm really enjoying it. Really interesting shots. The back ramp flap makes for some interesting combos. Really love the left orbit that comes back to the left flipper. It sets you up for the hurry up right ramp shot. I might add that this shot may be the only one like it in pinball.

#112 9 years ago

Found out something new today. If you turn the shooter handle during the game it locks or unlocks the mission.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from mcjeremy42:

My Apollo 13, since you asked for pics. Had it for a couple of years...my wife's favorite pin!

It's beautiful. Thanks for posting the pictures. You're wife has good taste.

1 week later
#118 9 years ago

I decided to paint the inside cabinet. One side had some scratches and the other had melted soldier all over. Here are some pictures in case anyone is interested.
IMG_4133.JPGIMG_4133.JPGIMG_4132.JPGIMG_4132.JPGIMG_4136.JPGIMG_4136.JPGIMG_4137.JPGIMG_4137.JPGIMG_4138.jpgIMG_4138.jpg
IMG_4316.JPGIMG_4316.JPGIMG_4317.JPGIMG_4317.JPG

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Just a thought: It would be really cool to try to add a magnet to the playfield like on Guns 'n Roses to fling the 8 balls around at the start of 13 ball multiball. That mode would be crazy if those 8 balls didn't fall straight to the flipper.

I like the way you think. OR how about a spinning disk? LOL.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I am really glad it went to someone who really likes the game.

Also, thanks for the compliment.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from mcjeremy42:

The original idea was for the earth and the moon to spin in opposite directions. Cut for budget reasons. The grain on my playfield is different for the two discs underneath.

Interesting. Too bad it was cut because that would have been total mayhem. I wonder what else was cut?

#125 9 years ago

an you post a pic. of the shooter handle as I have never seen one & I think most were replaced for a button because on location people broke them trying to play the video modes

That sounds about right. I noticed mine is yellow while others are white. I don't know what that means but I'm guessing the whites are original and the yellow is a replacement handle. The flyer shows a white handle.

IMG_4058.JPGIMG_4058.JPG

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Got an Apollo 13 today. Been wanting one for a while. LEDs already installed by previous owner. Game plays great! Sat it in between ID4 and Lost In Space

Nice Sega collection. I have my Apollo 13 next to a ST. Does your Apollo 13 have the OCD board in it?
Lets see some pictures!

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Yes, I will have all 6 Sega Showcase games...lol.

NICE! You got to show us some pictures. I don't think I have ever seen that many Segas in a row.

3 weeks later
#133 9 years ago

I'm not a tech guy but try checking your ribbon cables. Also check all your connections to the sound board.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

going to remove the mylar once its here. looks fantastic with it off Pappy !
anyone know of somewhere where i can get that small plastic behind those middle targets and in front of the pop bumper ? thanks.
is there any freeze spray better than another? or do they all do pretty much the same job.

Thanks man. Removing the mylar was the best thing I did to the game. The playfield looks brand new.
I don't think it matters what kind of canned air you use. It's all the same as far as I know. Just take it easy and you'll be fine. I used Goo Gone to remove the glue.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Joining the club on Friday.....can't wait!

Congrats! Please post some pictures when you get it.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

do you put the goo gone on and leave it for a while before scraping off? and u just wax it up with the millwax? or some pure wax?

Let the Goo Gone sit for a few minutes then go for it. Use whatever wax you prefer. Even Mill Wax. Yes I said it. There are many threads on wax and the general consensus is to find one with more carnuba wax in it. Some will say to never use Mill Wax. Iv'e been working on pins a long time and never had any problems with it. It cleans and waxes at the same time. I know it contains solvents so all you wax snobs stay off my back

#151 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I thought the original paint/decals made the rocket look a little off scale. I tried to go for a more accurate painting. Although they painted the saturn 5 rockets all sorts of ways.

Nice work on the rocket.

1 month later
#165 9 years ago
Quoted from teslapink:

Awesome Saturn V Pappyboyington- I'm going to get me one- which one did you buy on amazon?

I got mine on Amazon. I believe this one is it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007J4GG8U

1 month later
#177 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Not my mod, but I'm digging it:

Yep, I thought about doing this mod myself but lost interest once I realized the mods done to my game are enough. Just pie on cake at this point . Really enjoying playing it.

#178 9 years ago

How is your game coning along?

#180 9 years ago

Looks nice. Those LEDS really brighten up the game. Have you tried to add a couple of blues in the slingshots? Maybe some in bottom lane guides? Looks a little bright by the flippers. But what do I know. You may like it that way, lol.

2 weeks later
#183 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Photo is brighter than it actually is. One thing I don't like about any of the plastics, the printing is very light so it tends to bleed a lot. If there was ever a case for CPR to do a new plastics set, this would be it.

I think the OCD board really helps with that brightness. Also try blue bulb under the slings. There are two sockets under each sling. Try one blue and one white under each one and see if that helps.

1 month later
#187 9 years ago
Quoted from peclark:

I think I may do a full LED change over for this machine. For others that have done this, what kit would you recommend?

I believe mine has this kit: http://pinballbulbs.com/kits/apollo-13 . However I think it's way too expensive for what you get. I LOVE the blue LED strip at the back box. Make a HUGE difference.
There are four UV spotlights on my slings that I really love too. Also you need to get the OCD board if you're going all LED. It really makes a big difference.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from ChilePin:

Hi, some of you have the original manual? Mine (copy) its too blur. My Q9 (left bumper) transistor its dead, so I should probably needs to replace the resistor and small capacitor next to the transistor too. I know the resistor its 22K, but i couldnt read what is the size of the small capacitor. 100v 0.1 uf? 0.01 uf? 50v?
Thanks a lot.

Did you look here?

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=apollo+13&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from peclark:

I ended up buying that same kit. I've been changing out all the bulbs. I forgot how many parts there are on the playfield. It's taking me forever! I've got a PinballPro speaker kit to put in as well. Can't wait to see/hear it with all this done!

Cool, lets see some pictures when it's done.

#193 9 years ago

Looks really nice. You've been busy.

2 months later
#203 9 years ago

Looks nice. I'm still enjoying mine. Man those shots are tight. I think I hit the posts on Apollo 13 more than any other game. I would love to put some side mirrors on mine but that metal side rail on the right really makes that impossible. Unless someone create a side mirror with a cutout.

#204 9 years ago

Anybody find a decent lunar lander replacement for the stock one?

2 weeks later
#205 8 years ago

Added these flipper area armor plates. Blends in with the side rails nicely.

IMG_5026.jpgIMG_5026.jpg
#208 8 years ago
Quoted from peclark:

Those look great! They really fit the style of the cabinet. Where did you find those?

http://ns8313.hostgator.com/~gameshop/product/sega-stern-cabinet-flipper-button-metal-protector-kit/

The kit comes with two protectors. Don't be dumb like me and order two

3 weeks later
#214 8 years ago
Quoted from peclark:

There's a mode in the tests that allows you to test it I believe.

There is. If it doesn't work in test mode, check the wires underneath the playfield leading to the magnet on the the moon. They usually get pinched from the moon rotation.

#215 8 years ago

I just pulled the playfield out of my game and next I will take the head off. Getting ready to do a full inside cabinet restoration. Then I'm going to take the three parts and haul them upstairs to the game room. It's officially a keeper

I will post pictures of the restoration soon.

2 weeks later
#218 8 years ago

Can someone please take a picture for me of the "inside" of the cabinet? Specifically the right side area where the prop bar is attached to the side. I have an extra ground braid that I think goes there.

#220 8 years ago

Still need that picture.

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Ill get it for u tomorrow

Thanks but someone else just sent me some. I appreciate the offer.

7 months later
#243 8 years ago

explosion damaged command module mod my brother came up with for his , & purple led's behind the moon on the translite .... couldn't resist

Love the command module model. I want to put that on my game. Where did he get that?

#244 8 years ago

can anyone tell me when the song "Spirit in the sky" is supposed to play on this game ?

My game is down. Still looking for a transformer. However from my memory it plays during rocket multiball.

2 months later
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

When your new bulbs shine through the white plastic, it's not going to look right under the rocket during "take off". Check out my mod above to fix it.

Great mod ideas dude. I ended up using red LED flashers.

1 week later
#252 8 years ago

I will ask him when I see him at work tomorrow & get back to you

Did you ever find out where he got that command module?

2 months later
#264 7 years ago

Finally got my game up and running after many months. Here are some pictures. I also found a little mod for the module. I tried to find the exact one from one of the post above but only found this. It's really small but I guess it's better than nothing.
IMG_6384_(resized).jpgIMG_6384_(resized).jpgIMG_6383_(resized).jpgIMG_6383_(resized).jpgIMG_6398_(resized).jpgIMG_6398_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#265 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I bet you're right.

That's what I heard

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Boards
PinSound

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-weve-had-a-problem-here-%e2%80%93%e2%80%93%e2%80%93-apollo-13-club-%e2%80%93%e2%80%93%e2%80%93-everyone-welcome?tu=pappyboyington and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.