20230926_194647 (resized).jpg
20230921_085209 (resized).jpg
20230920_180104 (resized).jpg
20230920_180010 (resized).jpg
20230919_070857 (resized).jpg
20230919_170016 (resized).jpg
20230919_170006 (resized).jpg
20230919_165938 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider explosiveegg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#529 1 year ago

I'm someone who is struggling to find a plastic set for this game being as a lot of my plastics are either broken or missing.

I was speaking to someone at CPR (https://classicplayfields.com/) about another product and they mentioned that they are currently working on a new mirrored backglass for Apollo 13.

I asked if they'd be willing to do an Apollo 13 plastic set and they said they'd consider doing a plastic set for the game if they can get a hold of a NOS set.

If anyone has a NOS plastic set, even if they don't want to sell it. It would be awesome if you could reach out to them about potentially using your parts to make a new set.

If you do want to sell it, I'm willing to buy it, and I can reach out to them again to try and get them to use it to make another set.

1 month later
#532 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

We are having an issue where in 13 ball multiball, about 50% of the time it won't release all the balls from the bank of 8. Sometimes 1 will be left, other times 4 balls won't be left, it varies. The coil just isn't staying down long enough. And it's weird because it's not consistent. Sometimes it will release all 8, other times not. Any ideas what might be going on? I've felt with my finger and the coil isn't hot or anything. I even increased my pitch a bit, to see if that would help, If the balls just aren't rolling fast enough. But that didn't really make a difference either. Thoughts?

I ran into this when I had high carbon pinballs installed on the machine. Essentially, those pinballs hold more of a magnetic charge than regular pinballs. Meaning, the magnet from the moon, would charge them, then the top 4 balls would have a slight hold and would resist falling down in the time the game allots for all 8 balls to drop.

Switching to regular pinballs fixed the issue for me.

#535 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Recently worked on an Apollo 13 and noticed all three amps were populated. Any one else have this?
[quoted image]

Mine looks the same.

20220724_235510.jpg20220724_235510.jpg
9 months later
#625 11 months ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Yes that's the saying but I guess it doesn't always say it if u don't lose the ball fast

Magnetized balls can cause weird behavior in the trough. Did you replace the balls recently, if so, did you use the right kind of balls?

Are the switches in the trough working right?

2 weeks later
#638 11 months ago
Quoted from sputnick:

I have these plastic reproductions that are more resistant than the original, but sending them outside my country does not pay for the shipping costs only for the plastics, would you like to buy the 8-ball membrane? and I send you the plastic you need for free
ebay.com link: itm

Do you sell a full plastics set? I have quite a few that are broken.

6 months later
#698 4 months ago
Quoted from rhampo:

I got my A13 and leveled it (6.5 degrees) and have played a few dozen games. I find that many times the ball eject from the rocket goes STDM with no chance of flipping it. What kind of adjustment do I need to make to eliminate this? It makes the game a whole lot less fun when the result of one of the most common and necessary shots is STDM by no player error.
Thanks for any advice!
Richard

The big up post in the center between the flippers is supposed to go up when you're in single ball play and the ball is ejected from the rocket.

1 month later
#704 3 months ago

Hi all one of my ball though switches is not working or in switch test ether I thought it was just a switch but I changed it and still not working does anyone know what else it could be or too look for next thanks

I'm no expert, but this is how I'd try to diagnose a switch problem.

Firstly, use the built-in switch test. As you already did. If this test passed, it would probably be an alignment issue, with the ball not triggering the switch and the switch needing to be bent.

Assuming that test fails, I'd test the switch with a multimeter in continuity mode. Probing both ends that the wires of the switch connect to and checking to see that a connection is made when closed and not made when the switch is open. If this failed, it's likely either a switch or the two wires being shorted together problem.

If the switch worked fine, I'd pull up a manual and look up the switch matrix. See if anything else in the same column or row is having switch issues. This could point to a break in the wire and more accurately pinpoint where it is. At this point if you notice the next few down a line or horizontally stop working, try using an alligator clipped wire to jump between a known working switch wire of the same type in from the row/column and your problem switch.

If nothing in the matrix is off, I'd probably probe the switch cables from the switch to the plug in the backbox, just to verify there isn't a break in the cable along the full path.

If the cable is fine, I'd check that the connector on the board is clean and making good contact with the plug. Also checking the board at this time for cold solder joints.

If you get that far and still haven't found anything, my guess is a component on one of the circuit boards is wrong.

Good luck.

Edit: As a side note. Make sure your balls aren't high carbon. If they are, they can become magnetized and essentially get stuck in the trough. Not allowing them to roll all the way down to trigger the switches.

I'm assuming you physically pressed the switches when testing, but ball magnetization is a normal gotcha with games that have magnetic mechs.

Also, check your fuses with a multimeter. On some games, a blown fuse can cause some switches not to respond.

#706 3 months ago

I di already check with a meter and that one isn’t the same as the rest for test

If you're seeing different results with the multimeter on that switch versus the others that probably will point you towards the issue. I wouldn't move pass that step.

Check to see that the two switch wires aren't shorted with a continuity test while the switch is up/open. If it's stuck on, we can move on to other tests. Also make sure the signal diode is working (sending current one way and not the other).

As a side note. Here is a picture of my trough. Just to ensure yours is wired correctly.

20240110_100208 (resized).jpg20240110_100208 (resized).jpg
#711 3 months ago

After fixing that I see that while playing when lots but not all when the light is for for what too hit next other lights come on with it but they are ver dim anyone have any idea why this happened or what too look for thanks for any help on this

Do you have LEDs installed in your game? If so, are you sure they're non-ghosting LEDs.

If you're seeing LED lights that aren't supposed to be on ever so slightly lighting up. That is called ghosting. Certain games are subseptable to it, Apollo 13 being one.

You can learn more here. https://www.cometpinball.com/blogs/blog/how-to-fix-ghosting-bulbs-in-your-pinball-machine

Here is a list of games that people have tested to know whether you should spring for non-ghosting bulbs or save money on the cheaper bulbs. Though, personally, I just go for non-ghosting bulbs regardless. https://www.pinballbulbs.com/ghosting-list

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider explosiveegg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-weve-had-a-problem-here-%e2%80%93%e2%80%93%e2%80%93-apollo-13-club-%e2%80%93%e2%80%93%e2%80%93-everyone-welcome?tu=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.