20230926_194647 (resized).jpg
20230921_085209 (resized).jpg
20230920_180104 (resized).jpg
20230920_180010 (resized).jpg
20230919_070857 (resized).jpg
20230919_170016 (resized).jpg
20230919_170006 (resized).jpg
20230919_165938 (resized).jpg
There are 714 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.
#401 4 years ago

So my next thing to tackle is the broken plastics.
I have two pieces that need to be replaced and I am thinking about making my own.
What I really need is some hi-rez scans of these two pieces. If anyone can get these to me that would be awesome.
The attached photos are the two I need.
Thanks

Apollo 13 Pinball Plastics 1 (resized).jpgApollo 13 Pinball Plastics 1 (resized).jpgApollo 13 Pinball Plastics 2 (resized).jpgApollo 13 Pinball Plastics 2 (resized).jpg
#402 4 years ago
Quoted from mikekemp:

Decided to add a topper to my A13. Started with a programmable scrolling sign that displays various phases. Then saw a LED 3D printed moon. Cut open the bottom of the moon and removed the stock LED control board and added a bulb holder and LED GI bulb. Came out not to bad.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This looks awesome!
I want to do the same thing with a 3D Moon but add a tiny hand-made model of the LM/CM in orbit.
Could you tell me what diameter the Moon is that you used?
Thanks

2 weeks later
#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

So my next thing to tackle is the broken plastics.
I have two pieces that need to be replaced and I am thinking about making my own.
What I really need is some hi-rez scans of these two pieces. If anyone can get these to me that would be awesome.
The attached photos are the two I need.
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you get pics yet? I just picked up a huo that looks like it just came out of the box. I will be putting LEDs in so once I have the plastics out I could snap some pics for you.

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Did you get pics yet? I just picked up a huo that looks like it just came out of the box. I will be putting LEDs in so once I have the plastics out I could snap some pics for you.

Holy cow, where was that at??

#405 4 years ago

It was local by me it was just a chance find. Only had 90 plays on it. It is absolutely perfect everything works as it should.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Wow, I'm jealous.
I used low res images (90 dpi) that I found and photoshopped the color and size to match. They are installed. Not perfect but much better. I'll post pictures soon.
Thanks

2 weeks later
#407 4 years ago

So here’s a couple questions, any idea why I wouldn’t be able to set custom pricing? If I select it, it just tells me how to use the menu options and if I press anything it takes me back to main menu. Also installed a launch ball button as apposed to the launch handle, what are people tying into to power the light? Always on GI? Or is there something that only blinks when a ball is in the shooter lane?

1 month later
#408 4 years ago

Recently after the moon captures a ball and it is returned to the ball trough, a ball will be dropped from the stored 8 balls. The game does not find the balls in the trough and reports 5 balls missing. Where do I start?

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Recently after the moon captures a ball and it is returned to the ball trough, a ball will be dropped from the stored 8 balls. The game does not find the balls in the trough and reports 5 balls missing. Where do I start?

The problem was the ball stop unit which is part of the ball trough. The pivots needed to be cleaned so it could quickly drop into place and stop the balls in the correct positions.

A13 Ball Stop01 (resized).jpgA13 Ball Stop01 (resized).jpgA13 Ball Stop03 (resized).jpgA13 Ball Stop03 (resized).jpgA13 Ball Stop04 (resized).jpgA13 Ball Stop04 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#410 4 years ago

help me

hello everyone I'm looking for a scan of panel speaker because I have to redo mine someone would he or could he do it to me?

thank you

1 week later
#411 4 years ago

Hello
a person can make me a photo of the speacker panel because mine is very busy and I have a friend who can do it again

thank you so much

my email address
[email protected]

1 week later
#412 4 years ago

I have a pretty nice one listed. I ran out of space. I have a surprise extra included if someone in this thread picks it up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/88995

#413 4 years ago

Hello everyone, new to the club.

I need to replace a badly degraded moon belt drive. I'd be happy to purchase a new replacement part but they appear out of stock. Has anyone been successful at using a different belt mechanism here?

Thanks in advance.
CT

2 weeks later
#414 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I have a pretty nice one listed. I ran out of space. I have a surprise extra included if someone in this thread picks it up.

I pulled the ColorDMD and dropped the price. If anybody wants to join the club, this is the only A13 for sale at the moment.

#415 4 years ago

if anyone is looking for a NOS moon assembly, there's one local to me: madison.craigslist.org link

00K0K_aYrzea0KgMa_1200x900 (resized).jpg00K0K_aYrzea0KgMa_1200x900 (resized).jpg
#416 4 years ago

I’m looking for the plastic moon but not for $595.

1 month later
#417 4 years ago

April 11, 1970 was 50 years ago today (EST) set a new high score!

1 week later
#418 3 years ago

Does anyone have high quality scans of the front of the cabinet? Mine has two holes in it from the security bar. Going to try and fix it.

Thanks.

3 weeks later
#419 3 years ago

I've been struggling with bad ball trough feed for a few years.
That is when the coil should release a ball to feed the upkicker, the balls remained stuck, and not advancing.

Adjusted the switches to the most sensitive way, replaced all 13 (!) balls to non magnetic, cleaned the full mech, checked and fixed any pits in the trough rail, checked game pitch and leveling, etc... no solution

I can now say I finally fixed the problem by doing this.

I added the extra rail to the trough that was later added to sega/stern machines. For example IJ4 had a seperate update kit for this that had these parts:

trough ball guide plate 535-7801-00 (1 pce)
1/4" x 5/16" x 0.144" I.D. Spacer Tap. 254-5014-03 (1 pce)
#2-56 x 1/2" HWH-SER TF (Larger Head) 237-5937-01 OR 237-5937-01 (6 pcs)

In case anyone has thee same problem, this is your fix!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#420 3 years ago

Hi fellow owners,

My 1-way gate does not appear to be installed correctly (see picture below). Can someone please post a few pictures of their gate ? Thanks for the help!

DSC_3060 (resized).JPGDSC_3060 (resized).JPG
#421 3 years ago

So it looks like I never reported back regarding my plastics replacement project.
I made them myself using images from the internet (low rez unfortunately and I had to adjusted the color best I could), plastic sheets from Home Depot and decal sheets from Amazon. I was able to enlarge the images to the exact same size and copy them to the decal sheets with a color printer. The largest piece took two sheets which I had to join in the middle.
They did not turn out perfectly but they are good enough and nobody notices unless I point it out to them.
These photos are self-explanatory.
Thanks,
Mark

AP1 (resized).jpgAP1 (resized).jpgAP2 (resized).jpgAP2 (resized).jpgAP3 (resized).jpgAP3 (resized).jpgAP4 (resized).jpgAP4 (resized).jpgAP5 (resized).jpgAP5 (resized).jpg
#422 3 years ago

Here's another one.
Color and rez are not perfect but look fine unless the bright lights are on.

IMG_5817 (resized).jpgIMG_5817 (resized).jpg
#423 3 years ago

Here's my custom topper made from a 3D moon with LED lamp wired to the back-box.
I made the LM/CM model out of Sculpy Clay.

IMG_5819 (resized).jpgIMG_5819 (resized).jpgIMG_5821 (resized).jpgIMG_5821 (resized).jpg
#424 3 years ago
Quoted from pbjack:

Hi fellow owners,
My 1-way gate does not appear to be installed correctly (see picture below). Can someone please post a few pictures of their gate ? Thanks for the help![quoted image]

The gate looks right to me. What makes you think it's incorrect?

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

The gate looks right to me. What makes you think it's incorrect?

Should the right hand side be below or above the plastic ? Thanks for your help!

#426 3 years ago

regarding the gate: here are pictures from 4 different machines

20160330_103138_resized (resized).jpg20160330_103138_resized (resized).jpg20171230_162342 (resized).jpg20171230_162342 (resized).jpgimage2 (resized).JPGimage2 (resized).JPGDSC_0034 (resized).JPGDSC_0034 (resized).JPG
#427 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

regarding the gate: here are pictures from 4 different machines

Awesome, thanks!

1 week later
1 week later
#429 3 years ago

In the middle of shopping Apollo 13 and missed a couple of key photos. Hoping somebody can help me out. Thanks

20200609_194443 (resized).jpg20200609_194443 (resized).jpg20200609_194459 (resized).jpg20200609_194459 (resized).jpg20200609_194504 (resized).jpg20200609_194504 (resized).jpg
#430 3 years ago

Figured things out.

20200610_101008 (resized).jpg20200610_101008 (resized).jpg20200610_100951 (resized).jpg20200610_100951 (resized).jpg20200610_100957 (resized).jpg20200610_100957 (resized).jpg
#431 3 years ago

Finally got around to starting my Apollo 13 Restoration if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apollo-13-restoration#post-5137739

3 weeks later
#432 3 years ago

So I recently picked up this game and had a question. My right flipper travels farther up than left, is this how it's supposed to be on the game or do I have the wrong coil/linkage on one my flippers?

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So I recently picked up this game and had a question. My right flipper travels farther up than left, is this how it's supposed to be on the game or do I have the wrong coil/linkage on one my flippers?

I figured it out the right flipper bracket was missing the bumper. Anyone have a spare middle plastic that goes between the 4 white moon stand up targets and the middle pop bumper they can sell me?

#434 3 years ago

Hoping for a little help. How does Super Jackpot work? What I mean is when I make the Super Jackpot shot the moon grabs the ball OK, rotates over, and doesn't release the ball. It then rotates back to home position and releases the ball. At that point the ball is hung up laying against the moon and the cutout of the ramp.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Hoping for a little help. How does Super Jackpot work? What I mean is when I make the Super Jackpot shot the moon grabs the ball OK, rotates over, and doesn't release the ball. It then rotates back to home position and releases the ball. At that point the ball is hung up laying against the moon and the cutout of the ramp.

This is normal behaviour, except the ball should roll futher once released at the home position.

#436 3 years ago

This is normal behaviour, except the ball should roll futher once released at the home position.

What is the switch mech to control the stop point?

Sounds like just a switch adjustment to make it rotate a little further before registering to be the stop point.

#437 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, glad it is mostly working correctly. The magnet does let go of the ball its just not rolling down hill so to speak. Ill double check my leavness of playfield and go from there.

#438 3 years ago

Often the ramp gets broken at that point from fast balls being grabbed and smashing the ramp.
Maybe this is your issue.

1 month later
#439 3 years ago

My rocket stopped moving. Will not work in test and have checked all fuses good. Anyone have any suggestions on what could be the issue other than just replacing the motor?

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

My rocket stopped moving. Will not work in test and have checked all fuses good. Anyone have any suggestions on what could be the issue other than just replacing the motor?

Fixed it. For future reference it was the relay, took the cover off and re-flowed all soldier points and moved the coil arm back and forth to make sure contacts were connecting at both positions.

2 weeks later
#441 3 years ago

My latest board. Created for a customer to fix his non functioning moon magnet feature. Now offering them for other apollo 13 fans.

IMG_7401 (resized).JPGIMG_7401 (resized).JPG

Brief summary of update/improvements/changes

• Sega service note upgrades included
• Mosfet zener diode gate protection
• High current (36A) MOSFET included
• Led status light on magnet drive signal
• Fully plate through parts
• Custom Blue PCB for "we're going to the moon" ramp and rail powercoat match

See here to order. £40 each, plus shipping

https://www.mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

#442 3 years ago

dam applejuice.. leaving no sega magnet stone unturned. I sold my Twister with the board uninstalled. Next owner put it in with no issues.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

dam applejuice.. leaving no sega magnet stone unturned. I sold my Twister with the board uninstalled. Next owner put it in with no issues.

Yes, these apollo 13 mag boards were alot easier to create than the monster twister/golden eye ones Over 65 twister/golden eye games saved now to.

1 week later
#444 3 years ago

Can anyone help with a graphic of the "Danger Exhaust decal" so that I can have one made? Also is there a source for the moon magnet? Mine is a bit mushroomed.

Thank you!

2 weeks later
#445 3 years ago

any ideas. On A13 the blastoff insert on the backbone are on all the time, but only BLASTO, not the 2 F's. They are all on the same row, but the transistor seems oK, if it was stuck on all the insert lights would be stuck on, not just the 6 out of 8, any ideas

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from mikekemp:

any ideas. On A13 the blastoff insert on the backbone are on all the time, but only BLASTO, not the 2 F's. They are all on the same row, but the transistor seems oK, if it was stuck on all the insert lights would be stuck on, not just the 6 out of 8, any ideas

Are they LED's?

#447 3 years ago

Yes. But they have worked with LED for ages. Now locked on.

4 weeks later
#448 3 years ago

Apollo 13 up kicker. Everything on the game works fine but the up kicker that loads the ball in the shooting lane fires the ball up so hard it seems like it will come through the glass or the side of the case. Anyway to down trim this solenoid?

Thanks

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I'm curious about two possibilities with this question. It the machine leveled properly? The other thing I wondered about is that most magnets are mushed in so badly, that maybe the ball is not held far enough into the tray when released?

1 month later
#450 3 years ago

Looking at an Apollo 13 for a friend and have an odd issue. You can press the start button but when the screen comes up to select game the flipper buttons aren’t responding. Can’t go one from there and just stuck. If I go into the diagnostic menu I can move around and navigate using the flipper buttons. Has anyone run across this before?

Also in solenoid test when I tried the flippers they seem weak and the left one barely wanted to move on its own. Not sure if related.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 714 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-weve-had-a-problem-here-%e2%80%93%e2%80%93%e2%80%93-apollo-13-club-%e2%80%93%e2%80%93%e2%80%93-everyone-welcome/page/9?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.