20230926_194647 (resized).jpg
20230921_085209 (resized).jpg
20230920_180104 (resized).jpg
20230920_180010 (resized).jpg
20230919_070857 (resized).jpg
20230919_170016 (resized).jpg
20230919_170006 (resized).jpg
20230919_165938 (resized).jpg
There are 714 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from av8ter:

I'm curious about two possibilities with this question. It the machine leveled properly? The other thing I wondered about is that most magnets are mushed in so badly, that maybe the ball is not held far enough into the tray when released?

I missed tightening the ramp screws after my shopping of it. Once I tighten the top two ramp screws it worked correctly.

#452 3 years ago

Hi everybody! New owner here. My machine has all the menus etc. in french and i would like to have them in english. DIP switches in the machine are set to USA. Do you need to change some ROMs to change the language? If so, which ones?

1 week later
#453 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Looking at an Apollo 13 for a friend and have an odd issue. You can press the start button but when the screen comes up to select game the flipper buttons aren’t responding. Can’t go one from there and just stuck. If I go into the diagnostic menu I can move around and navigate using the flipper buttons. Has anyone run across this before?
Also in solenoid test when I tried the flippers they seem weak and the left one barely wanted to move on its own. Not sure if related.

Still can’t get past the screen where it asks you to select what type of game with the flippers.

#454 3 years ago

In case it is a switch stuck issue can someone take a picture of the switch test screen that shows what switches are normally on and off? That would assume all the balls are installed.

#455 3 years ago

Still can’t get past the screen where it asks you to select what type of game with the flippers.

You can go to adjustments and remove the option of novice mode.
Adjustments-novice mode enabled- change to “no”

#456 3 years ago

Problem video:

Can anyone help me solve this mystery?

- Flat cable is OK

- All Bios already updated (nothing has changed)

- I don't use batteries I use mvram

- CPU / sound card is the 2-channel model, different from the original 3-channel model originally used on the A13. (very common maintenance change made at that time)

Alguém consegue me ajudar a resolver esse mistério?

- Cabo flat está OK

- Todas as Bios já atualizada(não mudou nada)

- Não uso pilhas eu uso mvram

- Placa cpu/som é o modelo de 2 canais, diferente do modelo original de 3 canais usada originalmente na A13. (alteração de manutenção muito comum feita naquela época)

3 weeks later
#457 3 years ago

I'm new in the club nad a happy owner of an A13. It is a fun pinball and I love the ideas and creativity the put into this machine. I agree that the shots are very tight and missed shots often leads to a drain.

Luckily it plays very well and everything works as it should. Aestheticly though it is in need for some cleaning and brush up. The playfield is nice apart from some wear in the popbumper area. I decided to keep mylar on and gave it a wet sanding before polishing with foam pads as well as the range of products from Novus. It turned out well IMO. the lock down bar had some rust but has been delt with now.

The cabinet on the coindoor side has brackets from a securitybar and doesn't look well from an attempt to break in - and neither does the coindoor. That needs to be stripped, fixed with chemical wood and sanded down for applying a new decal (I managed to buy only that instead of a full set).

Within the next couple of days I recieve a PIN2DMD display and cross my fingers the colorization job is good on this title.

One thing I need badly though is the plastic #20 located between the lower popbumper and the four white moon targets. Anyone knows where the sell that seperately in europe or maybe one of you guys has a used spare?

And sadly the shooter assembly has been replaced with a button and any tips on obtaining the unobtanium would be greatly appreciated

As the last thing I have a Tilt Audio board and will have to look into the possibility of a sound upgrade. I love the callouts but think the music is poor on this title.

That's all

/Thomas

A13 shop (resized).jpgA13 shop (resized).jpgPlastic #20 (resized).jpgPlastic #20 (resized).jpgPlayfield shop (resized).jpgPlayfield shop (resized).jpg
1 week later
#458 3 years ago

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if moon drive belts can be purchased anymore? Or do I need to find a machine shop that can make me a custom one?

#459 3 years ago

If you have the old one I would contact pinball life they can make them. But need you have the original for the correct size I would call them on Monday.

#460 3 years ago

Still want to try and help a friend get his Apollo 13 running. Wanted to see if someone can get a picture showing the switch test and what switches should be closed by default. Want to compare that to see if any are registering that should or if there is a stuck switch. Can anyone help?

#461 3 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

If you have the old one I would contact pinball life they can make them. But need you have the original for the correct size I would call them on Monday.

this is like the third time ive heard someone needing a new chain. odd sega would use such an oddball part.. its like a metal chain overmolded in plastic links. im half tempted to pull mine out to 3d model it in case someone wanted to try 3d printing one as a backup option.

#462 3 years ago

I think you could just count the links on the chain and call pinball life and they will cut it and welded together they have the exact same chain in stock already because other games use that type of chain.

#463 3 years ago

I need a moon drive belt too. It is sold out everywhere. In case anybody manage to reproduce one please share with the club.

1 month later
#465 3 years ago

Looking for some help sourcing the rocket countdown LCD display under the playfield. Not the board, just the LCD.

Also, I've read all the back and forth between LCD and LED color displays. Does anyone have reason to go one way or the other with Apollo 13? I'm leaning LCD

Thanks!

Keith

#466 3 years ago

Would still like to help out a friend that has an Apollo 13 that is down. Not sure if it is just a switch issue or something larger. What would help is if I could get a picture of the switch test screen for a working game that shows the state of each switch when everything is correct and all the balls are in their correct locations. With that I can match it up to see if any switches are set that shouldn't be or any switches that aren't active that should be. As it stands now don't know by looking at that screen if it is correct or not.

#467 3 years ago

Would still like to help out a friend that has an Apollo 13 that is down. Not sure if it is just a switch issue or something larger. What would help is if I could get a picture of the switch test screen for a working game that shows the state of each switch when everything is correct and all the balls are in their correct locations. With that I can match it up to see if any switches are set that shouldn't be or any switches that aren't active that should be. As it stands now don't know by looking at that screen if it is correct or not.

Enclosed two pictures of the switch test screen. If you need more just drop me a note.
Good luck
Stefan

4D7D2AC0-8596-4DC4-A973-012BCBECE01A (resized).jpeg4D7D2AC0-8596-4DC4-A973-012BCBECE01A (resized).jpegF79343F9-322D-47B7-BA85-C79E86ED0614 (resized).jpegF79343F9-322D-47B7-BA85-C79E86ED0614 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#468 3 years ago

Friends; few units of the Eight ball trough membrane switch and connector assembly for Sega APOLLO 13 are now available.

Reference: 181-5000-00

ebay.com link: itm

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png2 (resized).jpeg2 (resized).jpeg3 (resized).jpeg3 (resized).jpeg Added over 3 years ago:

Added over 3 years ago:

Friends,
Some units of the eight-ball membrane switch and connector set for Sega APOLLO 13 are now available again.

#469 3 years ago

Hello, just brought an Apollo 13 machine and have stripped it down to clean, after cleaning all the hex post I didn’t realise there was so many different sizes, does and one have diagram on which size goes where. Thanks

1 week later
#470 3 years ago

Hello to all.
Sorry for Highjacking.

We were ask if we could manufacture the membrane for Apollo 13, the Eight Ball Through Membrane # 181-500-00
All Information has been collect about this membrane, the connecting harness in the original manufacturing was to short, you needed to pull it quite hard to get it conected. We didnt just want to re-produce this part with its mistake, we decided to manufacture with a longer harness. Because we made these Membranes in co-operation with info(et)pinball-parts.shop these membranes are sold by www.pinball-parts.shop Please send Andreas an email if you would like to purchase a membrane for your Apollo 13.
To see what other parts we manufacture, also in liecence, visit www.buthamburg.de
Regards from Hambug
Leon and Peter

IMG_9877 (resized).JPGIMG_9877 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#471 2 years ago

Friends,
Some units of the eight-ball membrane switch and connector set for Sega APOLLO 13 are now available again.

D (resized).jpgD (resized).jpgE (resized).jpgE (resized).jpg
1 week later
#472 2 years ago

Great thread, I'm looking for this machine now to add to my one pin collection. I played one last night at a local pin bar, had a blast.

#473 2 years ago

Good to see the membrane being produced again. Now we need the moon belt which is unobtainable

2 months later
#474 2 years ago

Whew! Just read through 7 years of posts in this thread. Great contributions from many helpful enthusiasts, more than a few bookmarked for future reference. Hadn't found this club until now, reimported my A13 from Italy a year ago which clearly was on location. Converted back to 110v, cleaned pf and most plastics 100%, bought replacement plastic from Pinball.center (they're noticeably darker than originals) and fabricated a half dozen plexiglass protective covers for high-impact areas. Replaced broken pop bumper mechanism along with other broken/inoperative features. If/when replacement moon belts are made I'm in! My moon belt has 40% of the partitions gone so I repositioned the belt so the motion of travel is about 180 degrees offset from its prior position.

A13a is currently part of my 7 pin collection and still holds the place of my most "stressfully fun" game, even with a few games 25 years newer!

Will try to help with a few of the latest inquiries with separate posts. And that's how we do that!

20210614_Apollo13 2 (resized).jpg20210614_Apollo13 2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#475 2 years ago

Has anyone with circuit design experience considered making a delay board/circuit for the 8 ball coil (so that it drops the post at intervals to release one ball at a time in multiball)

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Has anyone with circuit design experience considered making a delay board/circuit for the 8 ball coil (so that it drops the post at intervals to release one ball at a time in multiball)

I love the 8 ball drop at once!

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I love the 8 ball drop at once!

It's a fun gimmick but not very useful. Just dropping 1 ball every 2 seconds would at least let you keep a larger portion of the drop in play for a bit.

1 week later
#478 2 years ago

This pin was on the way out the door but then the wife found the "Novice" mode (terrible name) which does a single ball game with a long ball save. Now the pin has been deemed "perfect for parties".

#479 2 years ago

Started the led conversion. Why did sega hate operators so much?

#480 2 years ago

Started the led conversion. Why did sega hate operators so much?

Oh, you must be working on the subway or trying to access the many lights and boards between it and the pf. How about the moon and ramp area too, that's fun. Take your time and enjoy the journey!

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Oh, you must be working on the subway or trying to access the many lights and boards between it and the pf. How about the moon and ramp area too, that's fun. Take your time and enjoy the journey!

Hell, just changing GI, you have to pull the topside apart. Did Sega think incandescent bulbs lasted forever?

#482 2 years ago

Hell, just changing GI, you have to pull the topside apart. Did Sega think incandescent bulbs lasted forever?

That's a big reason why I converted all my pf inserts to NG LED's but left the pf GI's incandescent. The last time I stripped the playfield to give it a "100 year" cleaning, cleaning all the plastic art and replace all the burnt out incandescent bulbs, I swore I wouldn't do that again any time soon. Of course now, I wish I had replaced the GI with LED's. Never cease to be amused by my short-sightedness. Your A13 pf will look great when you're done - the spectacular clarity of my inserts has really changed my play.

#483 2 years ago

I watched the movie just yesterday. It's a GREAT film...I'm not sure why I haven't seen it in so long. Unfortunately the pin isn't as accessible in my area

2 months later
#484 2 years ago

Hey fellow club members! I just wanted to show off a dream project of mine that has been years in the making. A friend of mine modeled the rocket for me and I connected the lights in the rocket. Let me know what you guys think. We have some tweaks to do, like dimmer flashers that don't blind ya! and a few model tweaks but I think it looks great so far. The plan is to offer these up soon!

Brian

20211024_191509 (resized).jpg20211024_191509 (resized).jpg20211024_194555 (resized).jpg20211024_194555 (resized).jpg20211024_194606 (resized).jpg20211024_194606 (resized).jpg20211024_194743 (resized).jpg20211024_194743 (resized).jpg

20211013_101847 (resized).jpg20211013_101847 (resized).jpg20211014_203437 (resized).jpg20211014_203437 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#485 2 years ago

Anybody have a shooter lane plastic for sale?

20211106_104637 (resized).jpg20211106_104637 (resized).jpg
#486 2 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Olá, companheiros do clube! Eu só queria mostrar um projeto dos meus sonhos que levou anos para ser feito. Um amigo meu modelou o foguete para mim e eu conectei as luzes no foguete. Deixe-me saber o que vocês pensam. Temos alguns ajustes a fazer, como pisca-piscas que não cegam você! e alguns ajustes de modelo, mas acho que parece ótimo até agora. O plano é disponibilizá-los em breve!
Brian
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Could the friend provide the modeling files?

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Alguém tem um plástico para pista de tiro à venda?
[quoted image]

Eu tenho reprodução de excelente qualidade

#488 2 years ago

Let me know what you guys think. We have some tweaks to do, like dimmer flashers that don't blind ya! and a few model tweaks but I think it looks great so far. The plan is to offer these up soon!

This looks fantastic. Put me down for one!!!

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Anybody have a shooter lane plastic for sale?
[quoted image]

Morgoth00 I have purchased an entire replacement set from pinball center and have the shooter lane. PM if you're still looking for one.

#490 2 years ago

Hi, recently I bought a project Apollo 13. It was having many problems which my repairman is trying to fix.

First the MPU was full or corrosion so I bought a new from rottendog MPU 8-Bit. Unfortunatelly it can't recognize all the 8 balls at once. Adding more than 5 balls to the 8ball membrane the new board is getting confused and loses them all from switch matrix.

To make sure the problem is related to the board we found a board from a Striker Xtreme to continue the repairs until a solution will come from rottendog.

While we are trying to solve the mpu problem we saw the drive belt was also off .... As you might see there isn't any place that have the belt on stock. av8ter purposed a solution with a metal chain.

How you keep your belt working? I have the same problem on my The Lost World Jurassic Park and I am searching for a permanent solution. I am sure many pinsiders are thinking the same!

edit : the whole thread was read by me in the past two hours..

solution 1 : a user said about 3d printing
solution 2 : a user said that pinballlife.com can make a reproduction if you have the original belt
solution 3 : av8ter said to make a metal chain.

Has anyone did any of these?

#491 2 years ago

Been looking for a moon belt for 2 years, believe many others are in the same situation. Hope one day someone works on a solution.

#492 2 years ago

I too would be interested in a new replacement moon belt. In the interim, if your existing belt still has half of the belt intact, you can attempt to reposition the belt 180 degrees since the operation doesn't actually use the full belt. This approach has worked on my game. The only challenge I had was finding the ideal position of the belt so the normal operation wouldn't get too close to the compromised section(s). Good luck!

Quoted from funworldgr:

Hi, recently I bought a project Apollo 13. It was having many problems which my repairman is trying to fix.
First the MPU was full or corrosion so I bought a new from rottendog MPU 8-Bit. Unfortunatelly it can't recognize all the 8 balls at once. Adding more than 5 balls to the 8ball membrane the new board is getting confused and loses them all from switch matrix.
To make sure the problem is related to the board we found a board from a Striker Xtreme to continue the repairs until a solution will come from rottendog.
While we are trying to solve the mpu problem we saw the drive belt was also off .... As you might see there isn't any place that have the belt on stock. av8ter purposed a solution with a metal chain.
How you keep your belt working? I have the same problem on my The Lost World Jurassic Park and I am searching for a permanent solution. I am sure many pinsiders are thinking the same!
edit : the whole thread was read by me in the past two hours..
solution 1 : a user said about 3d printing
solution 2 : a user said that pinballlife.com can make a reproduction if you have the original belt
solution 3 : av8ter said to make a metal chain.
Has anyone did any of these?

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I too would be interested in a new replacement moon belt. In the interim, if your existing belt still has half of the belt intact, you can attempt to reposition the belt 180 degrees since the operation doesn't actually use the full belt. This approach has worked on my game. The only challenge I had was finding the ideal position of the belt so the normal operation wouldn't get too close to the compromised section(s). Good luck!

I though the same but unfortunatelly my belt is too damaged and its about to be cut. I will keep looking for a solution.

#494 2 years ago

Understood. In the mean time, don't ignore potential root causes behind moon gear belt damage. Mine appeared to have been caused by prior owner(s) applying electrical tape to blue plastic ramp to prevent balls stalling at the moon magnet area, but the clearance between the moon magnet base & tape/ramp likely caused the moon movement to be hampered (or added resistance) which I believe contributed to the belt damage. Of course, repetitive use over 26 years can't be ignored. Good luck - and let the owner's thread know if you find viable replacement.

Quoted from funworldgr:

I though the same but unfortunatelly my belt is too damaged and its about to be cut. I will keep looking for a solution.

1 week later
#495 2 years ago

Wondering if anyone can send me or post a picture of the start button showing the wiring to the micro switch and light in the switch.

Thanks.

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Wondering if anyone can send me or post a picture of the start button showing the wiring to the micro switch and light in the switch.
Thanks.

Here's mine. Looks like someone put a screw to hold it from breaking away due to people slamming on the start button
Add it to the list.
Let me know if this is enough info

20211122_104302 (resized).jpg20211122_104302 (resized).jpg
#497 2 years ago

Thanks!!

#498 2 years ago

Wondering if someone can post a picture of J15 showing the wiring for GI 1 through GI Com?

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Wondering if someone can post a picture of J15 showing the wiring for GI 1 through GI Com?

20211123_120015 (resized).jpg20211123_120015 (resized).jpg
#500 2 years ago

Thanks again!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 714 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-weve-had-a-problem-here-%e2%80%93%e2%80%93%e2%80%93-apollo-13-club-%e2%80%93%e2%80%93%e2%80%93-everyone-welcome/page/10?hl=adams_tales and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.