During the restore process of my machine, I needed to replace the torsion spring (p/n 265-5042-00) for my ball launch assembly. I couldn't find one in stock anywhere. So, I decided to make my own. This was a little challenging because I didn't have an original one to use as a guide for bends and spring tension. After trying a few spring types, I found one that works really well. The top spring in the picture is what I purchased from McMaster-Carr ($2.68 each). Using a pair of pliers, I bent it to what's pictured in the bottom and then cut off the extra wire. The modifed spring in the picture was my first attempt and looks a little rough. The one in my machine has very clean lines/bends. Here's a link to the spring I modified:
Hopefully, this will help anyone in need of the same spring.