20230926_194647 (resized).jpg
20230921_085209 (resized).jpg
20230920_180104 (resized).jpg
20230920_180010 (resized).jpg
20230919_070857 (resized).jpg
20230919_170016 (resized).jpg
20230919_170006 (resized).jpg
20230919_165938 (resized).jpg
There are 714 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.
#351 5 years ago

I popped in an LED OCD board into my A13 tonight. I didn't tweak the settings yet, but it got rid of all of the ghosting issues I had. It took about 20 minutes all in all. I had some serious ghosting, and it's all cleared up.

I made a short video of before and after. I don't sound like Gary Sinese or shoot like Ron Howard, but here it is.

#352 5 years ago

Once the ghosting stopped, I set a personal best!

IMG_4630 (resized).JPGIMG_4630 (resized).JPG
#353 5 years ago

Decided to add a topper to my A13. Started with a programmable scrolling sign that displays various phases. Then saw a LED 3D printed moon. Cut open the bottom of the moon and removed the stock LED control board and added a bulb holder and LED GI bulb. Came out not to bad.

4BA0A129-7D9A-4A0A-9442-8D619D7101C3 (resized).jpeg4BA0A129-7D9A-4A0A-9442-8D619D7101C3 (resized).jpeg9E0B23CF-C39C-4B0A-99B7-C9F51F713A5A (resized).jpeg9E0B23CF-C39C-4B0A-99B7-C9F51F713A5A (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#354 5 years ago

I just joined the club yesterday. My shooter lane switch is very flakey. It's not the original switch. But I can't find the original or the one that someone replaced it with. Does anyone know where to get a switch that will work for the shooter lane?

#355 5 years ago

kguenther6 that should be a Standard Stern rollover but be careful with the Plastic Part it clicks into

1 month later
#356 5 years ago

Hello guys,

I am working on a moon reproduction. I have the melted moon, the mech around it, but I dont have the magnet in my hand.
Can someone please let me know the width of magnet?

Thanks!

#357 5 years ago

not sure on the measurements but here is a part # for it 530-5372-00 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5372-00

#358 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

not sure on the measurements but here is a part # for it 530-5372-00 https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5372-00

Thanks. I was not clear, I meant the magnet coil, around the magnet.

2 months later
#359 5 years ago
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-05 at 17.41.33(1) (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-05 at 17.41.33(1) (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-05 at 17.41.34 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-05 at 17.41.34 (resized).jpeg
#360 5 years ago

If anyone knows where to buy the ball launch handle assembly, write me an PM. Thank You!

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from chschmitt:

If anyone knows where to buy the ball launch handle assembly, write me an PM. Thank You!

I need a replacement of this for mine too. Anyone help?

#362 5 years ago

Same here, only the plastic part of the handle (with a hole in it for a pin)

2 weeks later
#363 5 years ago

I'm in the club!

Now I'm stuck in traffic. Ugh.

IMG_20190326_185533 (resized).jpgIMG_20190326_185533 (resized).jpg
#364 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm in the club!

long drive.. also another victim of shooter knob replaced with a button

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from chschmitt:

Quoted from Dansur:

I need a replacement of this for mine too. Anyone help?

Quoted from toyotaboy:

I have a rusty one that could be restored...

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm just glad he actually responded to me when I messaged him inquiring about a machine. Thankfully his wife allowed him to sell it to me!

#367 5 years ago
IMG_20190326_225852 (resized).jpgIMG_20190326_225852 (resized).jpg
#368 5 years ago

If anybody is thinking of selling please let me know

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I have a rusty one that could be restored...

SOLD

#370 5 years ago

My countdown display has a few bars that are out. You can still tell what # is showing during the countdown, but it's just not working 100%.

Any idea what I should be looking for? Is this a part that's readily available if I need to replace?

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

My countdown display has a few bars that are out. You can still tell what # is showing during the countdown, but it's just not working 100%.
Any idea what I should be looking for? Is this a part that's readily available if I need to replace?

Check bad solder joints on the lamp board pcb that also hosts the led display

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Check bad solder joints on the lamp board pcb that also hosts the led display

Yeah, I wiggled the connector and reseated it. It actually worked until the shaker motor kicked in, then those two bars went out again. Nothing major. Just going to be a bitch to get to since it's underneath the subway. Ugh.

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Yeah, I wiggled the connector and reseated it. It actually worked until the shaker motor kicked in, then those two bars went out again. Nothing major. Just going to be a bitch to get to since it's underneath the subway. Ugh.

I'm glad you found the problem and it isn't anything big. Just a pain to get the board out. Good luck with it.

#375 5 years ago

Yeah, it's a little tricky to get the subway off, with the way the wire looms are run. At least it will give you a chance to get it cleaned it up while you have it out.

#376 5 years ago

During the restore process of my machine, I needed to replace the torsion spring (p/n 265-5042-00) for my ball launch assembly. I couldn't find one in stock anywhere. So, I decided to make my own. This was a little challenging because I didn't have an original one to use as a guide for bends and spring tension. After trying a few spring types, I found one that works really well. The top spring in the picture is what I purchased from McMaster-Carr ($2.68 each). Using a pair of pliers, I bent it to what's pictured in the bottom and then cut off the extra wire. The modifed spring in the picture was my first attempt and looks a little rough. The one in my machine has very clean lines/bends. Here's a link to the spring I modified:

https://www.mcmaster.com/9287k169

Hopefully, this will help anyone in need of the same spring.

A13 Spring.JPGA13 Spring.JPG
#377 5 years ago

The opportunity has presented itself to purchase this game. Is there anything in particular to look for when buying this game? Any typical wear spots ect.

#378 5 years ago

100% make sure you have the shooter handle (or push on the price a lot!)
Make sure you see a 13 ball multiball. That is easy with glass off. Keep rolling up the ramp until you spell BLASTOFF and then up the rocket until it starts. The reason to test that is because the sensors in the 8 ball storage can be bad. Those are expensive.

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

100% make sure you have the shooter handle (or push on the price a lot!)
Make sure you see a 13 ball multiball. That is easy with glass off. Keep rolling up the ramp until you spell BLASTOFF and then up the rocket until it starts. The reason to test that is because the sensors in the 8 ball storage can be bad. Those are expensive.

The game is still very playable without the shooter (abort) handle. I know this because the one I just bought has a button instead of the handle, and it plays fine. Luckily I was able to buy a used abort handle here at Pinside (thanks @lordloss!) and I'm currently in the process of restoring it. New shaft, new microswitch, new roll pins, new washers, currently got the spring and hub in a bowl of vinegar trying to get the rust off, and I'm going to repaint the handle itself.

I'm just glad I didn't have to wait three years to buy one!

#380 5 years ago

Luckily enough the handle is there and working, video shows that the game loads and feeds the balls as it should and the moon magnet works as well.
Think it's been in a loving home.
Is there good fun value in this game? Played this many moons ago (no pun intended)

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Luckily enough the handle is there and working, video shows that the game loads and feeds the balls as it should and the moon magnet works as well.
Think it's been in a loving home.
Is there good fun value in this game? Played this many moons ago (no pun intended)

It's a really fun game. The 13 ball multiball is kinda gimmicky, but the look on people's faces when all those balls are released is pretty awesome! Shots are tight and difficult to master as well. One of Sega's better games (along with Twister, of course)

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The game is still very playable without the shooter (abort) handle. I know this because the one I just bought has a button instead of the handle, and it plays fine. Luckily I was able to buy a used abort handle here at Pinside (thanks lordloss!) and I'm currently in the process of restoring it. New shaft, new microswitch, new roll pins, new washers, currently got the spring and hub in a bowl of vinegar trying to get the rust off, and I'm going to repaint the handle itself.
I'm just glad I didn't have to wait three years to buy one!

If you have trouble with the rust use evapo-rust. It works better than anything I have seen for removing rust. It's a little pricey but works great.

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The game is still very playable without the shooter (abort) handle. I know this because the one I just bought has a button instead of the handle, and it plays fine.

Sure, it plays fine with the button. I just meant to caution against paying full market price without the handle, since they are so hard to find.

#384 5 years ago

Looking forward to picking it up!
Thanks to all for the advice

#385 5 years ago

Hi a new on this forum. I am from Belgium and just have my Apollo 13 a few weeks. So glad I could find one.
I need some advise on the behavior of the pinball during 13 ball Multiball.

For an unknown reason only in the 13 mutiball, after all balls are gone, the game doesn't stop. It executes a ball search and launches a ball again.

It's jyust like the machine doesn't count right. All balls are staged and the 8 ball membrane works fine.
Any idea what this could be?

#386 5 years ago

At the time when you drain your second to last ball and 13ball multiball continues, put your game immediately in switch test and look wat switches are active and which ones aren't (that should be), especially super vuk, trough (including optos), 8 switch membrame, ...

13 ball multiball should stop when you drain your second to last ball of course.

Is it similar to this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apollo-13-multiball-problem

#387 5 years ago

Done! Back to her original glory!

IMG_20190405_222630 (resized).jpgIMG_20190405_222630 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#388 5 years ago

Just listed my A13 on the marketplace. Just isn't a keeper for me. Someone snatch it up!

2 weeks later
#389 4 years ago

Mine arrived yesterday ...looking forward to exploring the game and features....

#390 4 years ago

Has any one installed the colordmd adaptor? A picture would be great. The one I have will not go as it has edges to prevent it from being pushed on ....

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Has any one installed the colordmd adaptor? A picture would be great. The one I have will not go as it has edges to prevent it from being pushed on ....

20190509_185924 (resized).jpg20190509_185924 (resized).jpg
#392 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I have an early (1st??) adapter so I have no idea if it matches what's being sold now. It took some firm pushing to get it in.

A13a (resized).jpgA13a (resized).jpg

a13b (resized).jpga13b (resized).jpg

#393 4 years ago

Thanks guys ... yup got the wrong board ...Data East was shipped not Sega . And it wasn't Colordmd error, however they are fixing the issue.

#394 4 years ago

What is the latest ROM version for Apollo

2 weeks later
#395 4 years ago

found a NOS set of Plastics for my game, looking forward to a midsummer complete shop!

1 month later
#396 4 years ago

Getting out of the club. If you know anyone who wants back in, let them know there is a nice one for sale.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/78311

1 week later
#397 4 years ago

Rocket Problem.
I just acquired an Apollo 13 and I am going through the clean-up and testing process. One issue I have found is that the rocket will not tilt up during game play. It is my understanding it should tilt upwards during the countdown sequence but mine never moves. It does move up and down when the solenoids fire sequentially when trying to find a missing ball. Any ideas where to start with this?
Thanks!

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Rocket Problem.
I just acquired an Apollo 13 and I am going through the clean-up and testing process. One issue I have found is that the rocket will not tilt up during game play. It is my understanding it should tilt upwards during the countdown sequence but mine never moves. It does move up and down when the solenoids fire sequentially when trying to find a missing ball. Any ideas where to start with this?
Thanks!

Disabled in game adjustments?

#399 4 years ago

Update.
Nothing happens when I do the Rocket Motor Relay test so I tried applying 24v directly to the motor and nothing.
So weird because I know it worked during the ball search.
Anyway, I'll buy a new motor and see what happens.

#400 4 years ago

Update.
I replace the motor and the relay and everything is working correctly now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 714 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-weve-had-a-problem-here-%E2%80%93%E2%80%93%E2%80%93-apollo-13-club-%E2%80%93%E2%80%93%E2%80%93-everyone-welcome/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.