(Topic ID: 19506)

Houston, we have a problem (with my LOTR LE) ...

By gweempose

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DCFAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LOTR_#4.JPG
LOTR_#3.JPG
LOTR_#2.JPG
LOTR_#1.JPG
IMG_1928.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 11 years ago

I'm sure it's something that can be adjusted. Maybe a slight bend up will fix it.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't believe this was a QC issue 8 years later.

LOTR LE's arent 8 years old. They were run just a couple years back. And yes this most likely was a QC error. No way a ball guide could be bent like that during normal play. Still most likely an easy fix though.

#21 11 years ago

+1 for sure.....looking at the pic again it sure doesnt look like there are any screws under the tip of that ball guide. Just use moderate pressure and I bet you will get it lined up not problem.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Do you think this can be done while it is still in the machine, or is it best to remove it first?

I would attempt to do it while in the machine. As long as you dont use too much pressure i'm sure it will be ok. Plus with it still in the machine you will be able to see when you have it in the right position.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm concerned that if I use something metal like pliers it will scrape up the ball guide.

I'd try getting your hand in there and see if pushing it up with your thumb you can feel if there is anything holding down the tip. If not you should be golden. Actually sounds like way too much work to try n get a new ball guide & take everything off & install it if its something that can be bent easily.

I dont think it could be installed like this if it had a post going into the playfield. Just looks like it must have gotten tweaked while being installed.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I tried pushing it with my thumb very hard, and it didn't even budge. It's a thick piece of metal, and what you can't see from the pic is that it bends backwards and continues along side the Barad-Dur eject hole.

Hmmmm thats unfortunate. I bet the 1st thing Stern Suggests is to try bending it too.....They may send a tech out to take a look at it.

The cannon on my BIBLE was a little low and the ball would not travel under it when it was swung open. Wanna guess what I had to do in order to get the proper clearance needed....lol

#31 11 years ago

Ya I guess Jan 2011 may put it out of warranty. I Still think bending it is pretty much the best option. Just need to find something u can use that gives you a little more leverage to bend it. Looks like it may been to be bent only like 1/4".

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

That was my thought when I saw the first pic. Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. An improperly bent lane guide would likely stick out in a stack of them. Your game was obviously built on a Friday. d
Fill the old hole and drill a pilot hole for the new one. Lane guides shouldn't be flapping in the wind.
As far as quality control goes, this is a relatively minor fix. It shouldn't have got out of the factory like that, but I'm sure WMS also occasionally shipped a game with improperly aligned lane guides. Not a big deal as long as the wrong hole isn't visible while playing (which is the case here).

I think filling the hole sounds like a good option. You could always use the old jam a couple toothpicks in the existing hole and screw the guide down in the proper spot.

When I bought my SM in 07' the ball guide that looped around just above the upper flipper was not installed correctly kind of in the same manner as what happened to your LOTR. It was lined up so a ball would bounce off the base of the flipper making it impossible to make the left ramp. I just moved it over a lil and have never had an issue since then and it's not visable at all.

Glad you figured out what's wrong with it and it isn't too hard to fix.

#45 11 years ago

While you have that sucker opened up I'd put some dead foam on that upper saucer kickoff. I used to get ball rejects about every other hard shoot to that tower.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-we-have-a-problem-with-my-lotr-le?tu=smassa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.