Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by fish1975tx
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

185752233_10227316762771857_4660750650297632236_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_0645 (resized).PNG
    7A39CA55-2759-46C1-A650-414D5A486997 (resized).jpeg
    28607-1-deadpool-premium-pinball-machine-deadpool-bobblehead (resized).jpg
    20201117_213910.jpg
    Game Preserve.jpg
    20201117_213927.jpg

#1 1 year ago

Kinda surprised that searching "Houston" only pulls up a 6 month old thread and before that a year or 2. What's up guys? Who wants to go play some silver ball? I'm thinking it's time to hit up the game preserve sooner rather than later and if you don't feel comfortable that's okay we can chat about better times here if you want!

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from RojerLockless:

Kinda surprised that searching "Houston" only pulls up a 6 month old thread and before that a year or 2. What's up guys? Who wants to go play some silver ball? I'm thinking it's time to hit up the game preserve sooner rather than later and if you don't feel comfortable that's okay we can chat about better times here if you want!

Unfortunately, I moved out of houston last year. Best way to meet folks it to go to the Houston Arcade Expo the next time it’s held. Take a game and go early for load in. Bunch of great guys there! Also check out Space City Pinball if you are looking for some league action.

#4 1 year ago

Did Xerico move to Houston?

#5 1 year ago

Moved from Houston a few years back but I can testify that PinballManic40 is an outstanding person and a great asset to the community. Thanks for all your help PM40!

#6 1 year ago

Yeah, we are a fickle bunch. Many do not visit or post on pinside...they avoid the drama. Some great people and we are not hard to find. Once you know a few you will meet the rest. Some are collectors and some are die hard players.

Pandemic has many of our normal get togethers shut down. Not sure how active local tournaments have been. Einstein’s Pub and Arcade is a good place if you have not been. Game Preserve as you mentioned.

And Space City pinball league is a great chance to meet others and play.

#7 1 year ago

Have you guys thought about forming a google group? That way you can keep non-locals out and avoid some of the unpleasant people that are on Pinside only to stir up drama.

#8 1 year ago

A_D here reporting for duty.
    Thanks #bluespin for thinking about me.
    I thought Xerico had a health scare or something this time last year, not heard of him moving? I know he used to get down here often. He delivered to me a Bally Atlantis I decked out.

#9 1 year ago

Dudes, I really wanted to go to the Houston expo, I usually fly in just to join and hang with my best friend. Missed it something awful this year!

#10 1 year ago

I haven’t heard from Xerico in a while either. Hope he is doing well.

Google groups is a good idea and it’s not that we don’t like people local...it’s the opposite really and we all have seen drama here when there is no need for it. We kind of know everyone and network well in other ways and are always bringing new people in the hobby. We help each other where we can and have no issues selling games for sure LOL! What I like most is our locals have fun where we can. It’s crazy to imagine going to a show or a friends house and before ya know it not a single game has been played....we are kind of the life of the party.....and when TPF happens we are bringing it!

#11 1 year ago

Made it out to the Game Preserve South last night! Had the whole place to ourselves.

20201117_213910.jpg20201117_213927.jpgGame Preserve.jpg
    #12 1 year ago

Problem with the Houston area is it's so spread out. Love to make it out to places like Eintstein's more but tough to do when more than an hour drive.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Problem with the Houston area is it's so spread out. Love to make it out to places like Eintstein's more but tough to do when more than an hour drive.

Very true. I always tell people that Houston is an hour away from Houston.

#14 1 year ago

Join our slack group. Most of the Houston crew is on there and we chat daily

#15 1 year ago

Made it out to the Game Preserve South last night! Had the whole place to ourselves. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did the games perform @ Nasa? I help maintain them, but have not been able to make it down there for a couple weeks. Thank you for being some much needed traffic there! Check out the Space City League's info and I second Slack channel being a good outlet. I only get on Pinside sporadically, but check the Slack more.

Last year was our first Expo, was a shame to see all the Facebook Memories of it popping up, including one my wife shared "Can't wait until next year!" Oh well, that didn't work out as planned.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from emspence:

How did the games perform @ Nasa? I help maintain them, but have not been able to make it down there for a couple weeks. Thank you for being some much needed traffic there! Check out the Space City League's info and I second Slack channel being a good outlet. I only get on Pinside sporadically, but check the Slack more.
    Last year was our first Expo, was a shame to see all the Facebook Memories of it popping up, including one my wife shared "Can't wait until next year!" Oh well, that didn't work out as planned.

Well to be honest there were a few in need of some love.
    I had at least 5 balls get stuck in the few hours I was playing. Can't be helped in most cases, but Deadpool got stuck under the bobble head deadpool guy 3 times it just wouldn't roll out. Quite a few EM flippers were pretty weak hardly working but that's to be expected mostly from those crazy old games.
    I was shocked to see how old / dirty looking Iron Maiden looked for being a pretty new machine. The funk on the playfield was very reflective off the glass so I couldn't really see any of the artwork on the main field. Played great though that's a fun game.

Overall the game experience was great so I'm really just nitpicking since you asked. Oh the spring on the plunger for the solar system game? Right next to space shuttle really needs to be replaced you have to SLAM it to even get it to the playfield.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Join our slack group. Most of the Houston crew is on there and we chat daily

How do I join the slack group?

#18 1 year ago

Well to be honest there were a few in need of some love.
    I had at least 5 balls get stuck in the few hours I was playing. Can't be helped in most cases, but Deadpool got stuck under the bobble head deadpool guy 3 times it just wouldn't roll out. Quite a few EM flippers were pretty weak hardly working but that's to be expected mostly from those crazy old games.
    I was shocked to see how old / dirty looking Iron Maiden looked for being a pretty new machine. The funk on the playfield was very reflective off the glass so I couldn't really see any of the artwork on the main field. Played great though that's a fun game.
    Overall the game experience was great so I'm really just nitpicking since you asked. Oh the spring on the plunger for the solar system game? Right next to space shuttle really needs to be replaced you have to SLAM it to even get it to the playfield.

For joining slack, check out the pinned instructions on the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/spacecitypinball/

Thanks for the game feedback! With my limited time there I often don't have time to check out every game, so feedback from players is vital to get beyond the obvious fires to put out. On Deadpool, was it getting stuck behind the drop targets even when they were lowered...or something different?

Will give Iron Maiden a clean up next time. Playfield protector was replaced a few months ago, so game itself should be fine, but crud builds up quick. Did a quick cleaning on Deadpool and Ghostbusters last time I was there, but missed that one. Those new games get so much traffic...and those black rings are a pain.

I love the EM games, but yeah, even at their best they can feel sluggish compared to the new stuff. Will check them and Space Station out too.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from emspence:

Thanks for the game feedback! With my limited time there I often don't have time to check out every game, so feedback from players is vital to get beyond the obvious fires to put out. On Deadpool, was it getting stuck behind the drop targets even when they were lowered...or something different?
    Will give Iron Maiden a clean up next time. Playfield protector was replaced a few months ago, so game itself should be fine, but crud builds up quick. Did a quick cleaning on Deadpool and Ghostbusters last time I was there, but missed that one. Those new games get so much traffic...and those black rings are a pain.
    I love the EM games, but yeah, even at their best they can feel sluggish compared to the new stuff. Will check them and Space Station out too.

Quoted from emspence:

Hehe, Didn't know there was a Facebook page either

When those were down and the ball wasn't slammed in there. it would slowly come back and get stuck on the lip of the downed target. It seems like it goes down a hair too low because it sat on top of it. Giving a gentile nudge wouldn't pop it back out.

28607-1-deadpool-premium-pinball-machine-deadpool-bobblehead (resized).jpg
    #20 1 year ago

Good deal, thanks. I had to remove that mechanism recently to clean and adjust it, as the targets were not resetting properly. When I put it back it must have ended up seated a little different.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from emspence:

Good deal, thanks. I had to remove that mechanism recently to clean and adjust it, as the targets were not resetting properly. When I put it back it must have ended up seated a little different.

Happy to help! I'll take 1 freeplay for payment jk

I do wish I lived back in clear lake like I have for years I'd buy a membership I think.

#22 1 year ago

Unrelated question, what's a good website or websites to find some interesting "game room / pinball" stuff to hang on the walls of my formal dining room that is now a game room

#23 1 year ago

Unrelated question, what's a good website or websites to find some interesting "game room / pinball" stuff to hang on the walls of my formal dining room that is now a game room

The “pics of game room” thread here will give you some great ideas and large bouts of jealousy!

#24 1 year ago

I kinda dug through there but it's easy to get lost

#25 1 year ago

I deliver games thru houston for pinsiders.

Watch latest thread

7A39CA55-2759-46C1-A650-414D5A486997 (resized).jpeg
    #26 1 year ago

RAZA at What's Brewing in San Antonio for public play.

IMG_0645 (resized).PNG
    #27 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikusm:

RAZA at What's Brewing in San Antonio for public play.
    [quoted image]

Ugh I know! I'll be there TOMORROW.. .don't get to play it (

#28 1 year ago

Definitely search the businesses on Pinside, as there is some great art and photography. There’s a guy out of the DFW area (at TPF the latest few years) that does some really nice 3-D art (Albright I believe...on Etsy possibly), very cool stuff. Also, picking up some old flyers, schematics, or posters on Ebay can be a fun search.

#29 1 year ago

Kinda surprised that searching "Houston" only pulls up a 6 month old thread and before that a year or 2.

Houston seems to have been a pretty quiet group on Pinside. Usually catch up with lots of people at the fall Expo, but not this year. I agree though, could use a bit more activity, especially considering we’re pretty limited on visiting any other way.

I’ll throw my 2-cents in for some future get-togethers...it would be cool if there were a few people that would be willing to help with pin repair knowledge. Sure, there’s lots online, but that’s not the same as knowing someone and someone local at that. I know, we’ve got to get the COVID crap out of the way first. But, talking about it now will maybe be motivation as we get through all this. Anyway, thanks for putting up this post...agreed we could all use a bit more local pin friends.

#30 1 year ago

This is my first pin, and although I did figure out what was wrong with it, solder a few wires and fix it, I have no idea what I'm doing in the grand scheme of things But I'd totally be happy with a get together eventually one way or another.

#31 1 year ago

This is my first pin, and although I did figure out what was wrong with it, solder a few wires and fix it, I have no idea what I'm doing in the grand scheme of things But I'd totally be happy with a get together eventually one way or another.

That's how most of us started, and I felt the same way. I picked up a Firepower that was "Collectors grade". It wasn't of course. I had to replace a burned up pop coil, rebuilt the flippers, replaced the sound/speech board, and replace various targets/switches that were badly bent. I even got up the confidence to reflow the header pins on the MPU board so the score displays would stop dropping out. Scary at first, but now I have some experience soldering. It's something I've wanted to learn for awhile, but I've always been afraid of breaking things.

#32 1 year ago

Nice. For what it's worth if anyone wants, next Friday the 11th a couple of friends and I are going to the game preserve to play some around 7pm or so. Gonna bring some beers and pizza

5 months later
    #33 1 year ago

Who all's doing the league at Eighty Two starting Tuesday?

185752233_10227316762771857_4660750650297632236_n (resized).jpg
    #34 1 year ago

Will be at 82 league, like that place a lot. Was down at Game Preserve Nasa last saturday. Had a great time!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!