(Topic ID: 270965)

Houston repair pro needed

By LemmyisGod

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    20200725_115504(1) (resized).jpg
    20200725_114318 (resized).jpg
    20200723_211140 (resized).jpg
    20200720_183628 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Is there anyone that makes home repair visits in southwest Houston? I have 1 electro, 1 solid state, 1 alpha. They all fire up, just need specific issues resolved. Thank you!

#2 3 years ago

PinballManiac40

Brian is an awesome dude. Brian can give you some more info but I don't believe he works on EMs.

#3 3 years ago

What solid state game and what are the issues? I'm not an EM guy though, but I think cadmium can help you with that.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

pinballmaniac40
    Brian is an awesome dude. Brian can give you some more info but I don't believe he works on EMs.

Bump for Brian....he’s good. Real good!

#5 3 years ago

If you're willing to try your hand at repairs this forum can offer pretty good advice. Or if you prefer to discuss it live here's another option:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-em-pinball-online-repair-clinic

/Mark

#6 3 years ago

Thanks everybody for the leads, pm’s sent. Also I do some repairs, but when it comes to voltmeter and schematics, I’m out. Just not my forte.

#7 3 years ago

Whenever things start opening up and the IFPA begins to start again make sure you join us in the Space City Pinball League. Nothing but awesome people and good times.

#8 3 years ago

Will do as long as I’m living here

#9 3 years ago

Brolin helped me out a bunch of times.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

Brolin helped me out a bunch of times.

Brolyn. He builds a lot of multicade games and helps out a bunch at the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo every year.

1 month later
    #11 3 years ago

A nice update for today for what was done so far. On his BK, I fixed the burnt GI connectors, sound cutting out and some sounds not playing (3 pin and 9 pin connectors) and display board issues it was having with the 7180 IC. Started to do bulletproof the game by replacing all the sound board and power supply capacitors and the board connectors. I still need to add NVRAM replace the CPU and driver board connectors in the very near future. Luckily, Upkick Pinball had a Sorceror in their shop, which I was able to test the display board in to be sure the display issue was where that issue generated from.
    20200720_183628 (resized).jpg20200720_183628 (resized).jpg20200723_211140 (resized).jpg20200723_211140 (resized).jpg20200725_114318 (resized).jpg20200725_114318 (resized).jpg20200725_115504(1) (resized).jpg20200725_115504(1) (resized).jpg

#12 3 years ago

Upkick Pinball is in West Houston, near me, did some amazing work on this EM for the OP. They had got the game running, rebuilt the flippers and cleaned it up.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13 3 years ago

Just got our Rancho worked on at Upkick. Works great now. Very talented folks at upkick pinball!

PinballManiac40 is awesome as well, and always helping people!

#14 3 years ago

Upkick for the EM win! Though they also do a fine job on SS machines too

Pinballmaniac40 has helped me with many early solid state issues

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from fish1975tx:

Just got our Rancho worked on at Upkick. Works great now. Very talented folks at upkick pinball!

Oh yeah. That one plays really well now.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    3 months later
    #16 3 years ago

Hi, Fellow Houstonian

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-repair-pro-needed?hl=hookedonpinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.