Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Heading to Joystix this Friday with the spouse and a few buddies for the 9pm-2am all games set on free play. Let me know if any other pinsiders are going to be in attendance. I am absolutly determined to get to play AC/DC this time . . . last time that machine was hogged all night.

#2 11 years ago

Surely I'm not the only pinsider that goes to Joystix for these once a month blow out pinball parties?

#3 11 years ago

I went last Saturday in the afternoon and a great time playing all his pins. It was the first time I got to see xmen. He has all 3 variations.

#4 11 years ago

I may try to go...assuming no other family commitments. BTW, it's twice a month - first and last Friday of every month. It's $15 at the door, starts at 9:00 and runs until 2:00am. If you're interested, I posted some pics here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-arcade-and-pinball-is-alive-and-well-in-houston-tx

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I may try to go...assuming no other family commitments. BTW, it's twice a month - first and last Friday of every month. It's $15 at the door, starts at 9:00 and runs until 2:00am. If you're interested, I posted some pics here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-arcade-and-pinball-is-alive-and-well-in-houston-tx

I've only been once before. I thought it was only the last Friday of the month. It is worth everyone in the area going to check out. Great bar right next to it with a common entry if you bring your spouse and she gets tired of playing pinball.

#6 11 years ago

I may end up going. Joystix is only about 20 minutes or so from my house

#7 11 years ago

I am going to try to go this Friday but I am sure I will be working late in Channelview so who knows.

#8 11 years ago

Well, if y'all see a middle aged dashingly good looking white guy pushing small children and drunk 21 year olds away from the ACDC machine (that I have never gotten play) come say hey to old TL25...I'm not leaving without logging time on that machine.

#9 11 years ago

So tempting. But have other plans Friday night. So no trek from Austin. Would like to check out the monthly Joystix bash some time.

#10 11 years ago

Xmen launch party was pretty good last friday. Good to see a lot of the Houston Pinheads there.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Sjsilver:

Xmen launch party was pretty good last friday. Good to see a lot of the Houston Pinheads there.

I need to get on a mailing list of some kind. I didn't even know that was going on.

#12 11 years ago

Joystix does have a mailing list that you can sign up for via their website to recv periodic emails.
    I don't recall hearing about the launch party (and wouldn't have made it over anyhow).
    The last email I got from Joystix was on July 26th concerning arrival of X-Men LE's available for sale.

You can also get on mailing list for Pinballz Arcade out of Austin, TX.
    Just got an email from them earlier today informing of their Labor Day Weekend hours, and it has a $5.00 coupon offer at bottom of the email.

I've got other plans, so not going to Houston or Austin. Just relaying info.
    Have a great weekend! ....whether it is pinball related or other fun stuff!!

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Joystix does have a mailing list that you can sign up for via their website to recv periodic emails.
    I don't recall hearing about the launch party (and wouldn't have made it over anyhow).
    The last email I got from Joystix was on July 26th concerning arrival of X-Men LE's available for sale.
    You can also get on mailing list for Pinballz Arcade out of Austin, TX.
    Just got an email from them earlier today informing of their Labor Day Weekend hours, and it has a $5.00 coupon offer at bottom of the email.
    I've got other plans, so not going to Houston or Austin. Just relaying info.
    Have a great weekend! ....whether it is pinball related or other fun stuff!!

You too!!! We need to plan the next LC party soon too!

#14 11 years ago

I am going to do my best to get there tonight. My cousin is driving in this evening to stay with me for the weekend. I'd love to bring him up there. I've been there a lot of times. Charles is a great guy, and I would LOVE to have his "job"

4 months later
    #15 11 years ago

Is Joystix still having Fri night pin parties?
    If so, are they still the 1st & last Fri of the month?
    Still $15 per person? Still 9pm - 2am?
    I checked out Joystix website, but did not see any info about it.

If/when I go to Hou next time, I'd like to hit one of these Fri night events.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

#16 11 years ago

Yes, that is correct. It is called PacMan Fever Friday.
    http://joystixgames.com/pacmanfever/default.asp

#17 11 years ago

It isnt tonight. It is the first and last Friday of the month. If im not mistaken this isnt either one.

8 months later
    #18 10 years ago

The only bright spot of my wife's luekemia care at MD Anderson in Houston (outside of they are the #1 treatment center in the country) - she loves pinball as much as me and we met Charlie at Joystix as it's only a few minutes from the MD Anderson Cancer Center - we plan on buying a NIB Stern soon (maybe next week) and stopped by Joystix today & should be able to checkout Pac Man Fever Friday tomorrow night 9/27.

My wife's 1st MD Anderson workup was 2 weeks ago and we went to Pac Man Fever Friday and it was packed but definitely worth it to play Med Madness, Circus Voltaire, Monster Bash and many more plus a ton of really cool classic video games.

We're in Houston again (she has a stem cell candidate review all this week at MDA) and as long as she tolerates her new chemo well , we'll be there tomorrow night and we stopped by earlier today to see what NIB pins were avail (we'll be getting a Metallica, prob Prem Road Case - i know it's the least popular with the Pinside crowd but for Metallica fan, the road case cabinet is tops - I'll have to find a Monsters translite as to me a nice match is the road case cab and Monsters translite combo).

If anyone goes tomorrow night 9/27, checkout the prem AC/CD, Charlie showed us today the coolest update with custom tunes <audio files and animations match> including a crazy powerful subwoofer.

#19 10 years ago

MD Anderson is world class. Good luck to you and your spouse Hotdoggin.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-joystix-friday-night and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.