Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-410.jpg
    image.jpg
    SDC10949.JPG
    SDC10951.JPG
    hercules GC.jpg
    JM2.JPG
    golf-pin-2shots.jpg
    2013 expo 4.jpg
    2013 expo 2.jpg
    2013 expo 3.jpg
    2013 expo 1.jpg
    image-496.jpg
    image-797.jpg
    image-935.jpg
    image-738.jpg
    image-138.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

If the rumors I've heard about this years Houston show are true they have finally stepped it up. Should be a fun weekend.

#25 10 years ago

I'll probably bring two games, any requests? Maybe Varkon has a home coming?

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hercules and Safe Cracker would be my two pics out of your awesome collection. Varkon would kick butt too!

Hercules is a bitch to move without help so that's one I'd have to figure out logistics on. There hasn't been a SC at Houston in I think three years so that might be a good one.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

NM, forgot you had that really nice Joust. Bring Joust!

Keith usually has his Joust there so that should be covered. But, thank you for the compliment!

#41 10 years ago

Safe Cracker is certainly getting some votes, kinda surprised.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Safecracker and Orbitor 1 gets my vote.

I kinda wanted to do 01 too. I can't remember one being at Houston in the last 5 years.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Marc, what's your Granny and the Gators like? I don't remember that at the TPF . . . was it there too and I just missed it?

It was there, very front of the booth between the backs of all the early solid state games in the middle. I also brought it to Houston last year.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What do the owners of these machines do at shows when the kids walk off with their coins and don't use them to put back into the machine?

If you have the tokens turned on then what can you do. I bought 300 of the repros right before TPF and gave away I think 32 and somewhere around 8 got put back in. If you need them to go back into the machine then you better not allow the machine to dispense them.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Question on the show: any chance the Predator boys make an appearance since they didn't make the TPF? I know they were going to make the TPF but cancelled, maybe they will view this as a second chance in Texas.

Well I just spit up my juicie. Flakes.

#56 10 years ago

Since DD is going to be there maybe I'll unbox my MoPLE at the show so he can sign it.

#60 10 years ago

Hoping some more people add to the game list this week. I am trying to make sure if I bring more, I don't want to bring a duplicate game. So far there are only 6 people bringing the allegedly 18 listed games.
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/showgames.asp
    How about it Marc? Decided on which ones you will be bringing?

Shows like 2+ months off? Plenty of time but as of now probably SC will be one.

#64 10 years ago

Wow. Unbox that MOPLE at the show. That will be something to see.
    Did I read that right?

You did and I might.

1 week later
    #78 10 years ago

Hercules would make a good tournament machine?

Really??? No!

Maybe if you had some sort of fun tourney set up and it actually played well...then MAYBE

#79 10 years ago

My big reservation with bringing the SC was that if I bring it I would want it to dispense the tokens. Well, since TPF this year the reproductions have gone out of stock so I was reluctant to give them out and not be able to replace them. Luckily I secured another set of tokens today so I see no reason why my SC prototype can't be there. And dispense Magic Tokens!!

#82 10 years ago

Would regular tokens work? Could it be good to keep the SC tokens at home and use generic tokens at the shows.

I'm sure you could figure something out but how pissed would you be to work your way to a Magic Token to get just some generic turd. It's all about the experience so no I will not be giving out generic tokens. If you're gonna do it, do it right!

1 week later
    #93 10 years ago

Anyone else bringing any unique games to the Expo?
    I have another chance to talk with Dan tomorrow about the Hercules.

Just looked at the list, 36 pins...kinda weak but it is still early. What do u want? Did we ever find out if there will be a Joust? Also, Costa usually brings some cool stuff, not necessarily pins but still cool.

#106 10 years ago

I have sent an email to add O1 to the game list.

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

If you are going to bring 3 or 4, any chance Varkon gets some action? I think that is a cool and under rated rare game. Yours played great at the TPF.

Possibly. It is an easy game to move for sure.

1 week later
    #132 10 years ago

I was quoted as having 12,000 sq ft for the game room and the tournament area.
    Vendors will be in a separate area this year.

Who said 12,000 sq/ft? TPF in Grapevine was only 15,000 sq/ft and Houston is maybe half? I've always heard the two main rooms make up about 8,000 sq/ft. Never the less moving the vendors out of the two main game rooms should solve any overcrowding issues. Great more room for consoles

#135 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballPark:

10,107 square feet of ballroom and vendor space, plus we get to use the hallways for a few more exhibitors and the mech core pods and registration, so 12,000 square feet is about right!

Sounds like George W. Bush fuzzy math but ok 12,000 it is. It's kinda like giving consoles credit on the game list but whatever.

#137 10 years ago

Did I mention we have $3 import draft pints again this year!

AAtoken.jpgAAtoken.jpg

#139 10 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Pretty sure the Texas Pinball Fest had 45,000 square feet. Not 15,000.
    And after checking, now I am positive.
    Here is the link.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-2013-dates-and-location-announced

The reference was when they were in Grapevine, they had 15,000 sq/ft there.

Can't wait till November, Houston is a great show to relax at.

#141 10 years ago

Marc, I'm still trying to find out where you ate that one year and went home sick (even to the ER) before the Expo weekend was even over. I got sick last year (should have went to the ER) from Sunday breakfast at the hotel upon load out. Since I was the only one, I must had gotten hold of some dirty utensils or plate/glass. Took 3 days to recover from that.
    Probably not something I should have posted here, but what can I say.

I fully believe I got sick from the hotel (I was not the only one that got sick that year either). I ate in the bar Friday night, I think it was a Club sandwich, and good gawd I was sick come 8am. If I remember correctly I threw in the towel about 10am and headed home, made it to College Station where I spent 6 hours in the ER and then spent Saturday night in a hotel there. I'm not a puss by any means but I had to have my wife come get me Sunday, it was bad. Last year I stayed away from anything that was prepared by the hotel.

Not a gleaming endorsement and I know drafts are on special but my recommendation is stick with the bottle. Show is still a good time but I know where I will NOT eat.

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from BarrySanders:

Pinball maniac 40 and Marc are doing wonders for the Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau with the last three post. Marc, you can come eat at Uncle Barry's. I think it's pretty obvious that my lovely bride DOES know how to cook.

Hey, I didn't bring it up...

Maybe this year I will try the Golden Nipple or whatever the pasty club a few blocks down is called.

#147 10 years ago

Could be. Does the Golden Cup have skanks that take your money?

**EDIT** Google is your friend, that's it.

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Just one word...Papafuckingsito's!!!!!
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Is that a good word or a bad word?

#170 10 years ago

Wondering if Marc is considering bringing Hercules again since it fell through with Dan letting us bring his for him.

Don't have the time to get it ready. When I talked to you a month or two ago you were fairly confident that you would use Dan's so I decided on different titles. I know it is still six weeks out but with TPF promotions, Chicago Expo, family stuff and customer games my weekends are basically full leading up to Houston.

#176 10 years ago

Oh hell yeah!!! Hercules is making it to the Expo!!!
    Thank you Marc for showcasing your machine.
    This will make this year's Expo EPIC.
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/showgames.asp?search=Pinball
    50 pinball machines and counting.
    34 days to go until it's SHOWTIME!!!!

It was the only way I could get you to stop stalking me

3 weeks later
    #218 10 years ago

I hope Marc has figured out what his other 2 machines will be that he is bringing.

I sent my updated list. Ended up bringing 10 games instead of 5.

#224 10 years ago

Very nice!! I will owe you that dinner or lunch for bringing Hercules.

I've never had surf and turf in Houston

#233 10 years ago

Basically loaded, just need to pull the trailer home to load Safe Cracker.

IMG_00000447.jpgIMG_00000447.jpg IMG_00000449.jpgIMG_00000449.jpg
    #237 10 years ago

Looks like I won't be in Houston till late Thursday so I will have to load in Friday morning.

#240 10 years ago

All loaded up and ready to roll out late Thursday. Ass end of the truck is a little low, either too much in the truck or too much tongue weight or both. Pretty bad when a 1 ton is squatting that much.

IMG_00000451.jpgIMG_00000451.jpg
    #242 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Are we setting up ramps out in the back parking lot Sat morning to see how many project pins we can jump with the 4-wheeler? That should add some more excitement and adrenaline rushes.

LOL. If all goes to plan the quad won't make it to show.

#254 10 years ago

Some shots of my setup...

HAAG 2013 (2).JPGHAAG 2013 (2).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (3).JPGHAAG 2013 (3).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (4).JPGHAAG 2013 (4).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (5).JPGHAAG 2013 (5).JPG

#256 10 years ago

some of the games...

HAAG 2013 (7).JPGHAAG 2013 (7).JPG HAAG 2013 (8).JPGHAAG 2013 (8).JPG HAAG 2013 (11).JPGHAAG 2013 (11).JPG HAAG 2013 (17).JPGHAAG 2013 (17).JPG
    #257 10 years ago

some vintage parts and neon's for sale...

HAAG 2013 (14).JPGHAAG 2013 (14).JPG HAAG 2013 (15).JPGHAAG 2013 (15).JPG HAAG 2013 (16).JPGHAAG 2013 (16).JPG HAAG 2013 (18).JPGHAAG 2013 (18).JPG
    #258 10 years ago

uh oh...it never fails

HAAG 2013 (10)-307.JPGHAAG 2013 (10)-307.JPG
    #259 10 years ago

Decat's awesome Popeye topper...

HAAG 2013 (9).JPGHAAG 2013 (9).JPG
    #260 10 years ago

Marco has Star Trek...

HAAG 2013 (20).JPGHAAG 2013 (20).JPG
    #261 10 years ago

Trophies and awards...

HAAG 2013 (12).JPGHAAG 2013 (12).JPG HAAG 2013 (13).JPGHAAG 2013 (13).JPG
    #262 10 years ago

Sir King Ritchie is in the house

HAAG 2013 (1).JPGHAAG 2013 (1).JPG
    #263 10 years ago

The parts vendors room...

HAAG 2013 (30).JPGHAAG 2013 (30).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (21).JPGHAAG 2013 (21).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (22).JPGHAAG 2013 (22).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (23).JPGHAAG 2013 (23).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (24).JPGHAAG 2013 (24).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (25).JPGHAAG 2013 (25).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (28).JPGHAAG 2013 (28).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (27).JPGHAAG 2013 (27).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (26).JPGHAAG 2013 (26).JPG
    HAAG 2013 (29).JPGHAAG 2013 (29).JPG

#268 10 years ago

The swap meet...

HAAG 2013 (31).JPGHAAG 2013 (31).JPG HAAG 2013 (32).JPGHAAG 2013 (32).JPG HAAG 2013 (33).JPGHAAG 2013 (33).JPG HAAG 2013 (34).JPGHAAG 2013 (34).JPG HAAG 2013 (35).JPGHAAG 2013 (35).JPG
    #295 10 years ago

Thank you for all the compliments on my games. Hercules is a bitch to move but I do enjoy seeing people play it. And, it won the Grand Champion Best of Show so that was a nice way to close the show for me.

hercules GC.jpghercules GC.jpg
    SDC10949.JPGSDC10949.JPG
    SDC10951.JPGSDC10951.JPG

#297 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

And a bigger bitch to spell!
    Congrats on the win!

^^^ bastard, spelled that right

and a to make the above comment ok

oh, and Thanks

#300 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks again for bringing the game (and all your games in fact) and big congrats for winning best in show. Didn't it also win something at the TPF earlier this year?

At TPF 2013 Hercules won Best 70's electronic. Varkon won Grand Champion.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-area-arcade-expo?tu=marc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.