Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-410.jpg
    image.jpg
    SDC10949.JPG
    SDC10951.JPG
    hercules GC.jpg
    JM2.JPG
    golf-pin-2shots.jpg
    2013 expo 4.jpg
    2013 expo 2.jpg
    2013 expo 3.jpg
    2013 expo 1.jpg
    image-496.jpg
    image-797.jpg
    image-935.jpg
    image-738.jpg
    image-138.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 10 years ago

We plan on attending again this year.
    Have not checked yet to see if I have any conflicts though.

#55 10 years ago

Awesome news.
    Steve was great at the Dallas show.
    Should be another fun time in Houston.

1 month later
    #138 10 years ago

Pretty sure the Texas Pinball Fest had 45,000 square feet. Not 15,000.

And after checking, now I am positive.
    Here is the link.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-2013-dates-and-location-announced

1 month later
    #251 10 years ago

Will be there around 6 P.M.
    Can't wait.

#267 10 years ago
    Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Anyone have a video of the Richie conference or can provide any info on what was discussed?

No video but here are a few interesting tidbits from his speech.

1. The Star Trek LE starfield projector is a beam that is refracted in a crystal that is in the apron. On the first test run the hole was larger and the starfield projected all over the backbox and the walls. Now they have the hole just large enough so it is only projected on the playfield. (Though he mentioned some creative modders could easily have it back to shooting everywhere, wink wink)

2. New AC/DC code could take up to a year to get released. Metallica code will be next in line for an update.

3. X-Men code update is very doubtfull but maybe. He chalked this up to "Team difficulties".

4. When working on new pins he always starts with the LE version and then strips things down to the pro.

5. His least favorite pin he made is Stellar Wars.

6. New computer system should be in the next game released. He was supposed to have it for Star Trek but it did not get ready in time.

7. The new boards for the next system are very small in the backbox and should have small LED lights on them as well to shine onto the translite. (He wants to be able to controll them via software so the backbox can blink again.)

8. Not really news, but new displays are coming soon. If not on the next game then by the one after that.

9. He also said he and somebody else high up want to do an original theme someday. Gary Stern, not so much.

I'm sure there was a little more, but it is late and I am going to bed.

#274 10 years ago

Really wanted to meet you TigerLaw, and maybe I did and just did not know it.
    I was sitting in the front row so I could not tell who was asking what questions.
    But I was the one that for some crazy reason, Steve Richie all of a sudden in the middle of his speech, decided to walk over and ask how I was doing. Totally caught me off guard, but funny non the less.
    I was also the one he had repeating all the question to him since he can not hear very well.
    It was a great show and I will post photos later.
    I qualified for the Metallica tourney but got knocked out early as there were some big names playing against me in my bracket. But it was a blast.

#290 10 years ago

Just posted a lot of show photos.
    Thought I was in this thread when I posted them, but I was in the Steve Richie thread.
    Instead of reposting them here, this is the link to the other thread.
    Enjoy the photos.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/highlights-of-steve-richies-speach-in-houston/page/2#post-1240153

#292 10 years ago
    Quoted from creyes82:

Thanks for the kind words on creech, that would be mine right there. Wish you could have actually heard the attract mode as it played through it, its cool stuff to watch!
    » YouTube video

JM2.JPG 693 KB

You are welcome, and thanks for brining it. Makes me sad I ever sold mine.

#304 10 years ago

We brought our earbuds just in case.
    It was nice to jack into the Wizard of OZ.
    In my opinion a headphone jack is the best pinball mod and all my machines have them.
    We looked around the show for more, but never found any.
    I will certainly be bringing my earbuds to Dallas as well. Hopefully more machines will have them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-area-arcade-expo?tu=arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.