Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-410.jpg
    image.jpg
    SDC10949.JPG
    SDC10951.JPG
    hercules GC.jpg
    JM2.JPG
    golf-pin-2shots.jpg
    2013 expo 4.jpg
    2013 expo 2.jpg
    2013 expo 3.jpg
    2013 expo 1.jpg
    image-496.jpg
    image-797.jpg
    image-935.jpg
    image-738.jpg
    image-138.jpg

There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can you bring yours Marc?

I think Marc has said he can really only bring two games. Safe Cracker is coming for sure per Marc - and that is awesome, magic token time for all of us!!! He also hinted at the possibility of bringing a Met LE to the show and actually unboxing it at the show. That would be epic and as much as I would like to see a Joust make the show seeing an unboxing of a Met LE would be awesome!!!

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

What was the approx. number of pins that was there last year?

I think I remember counting 70 pinball machines there last year. I helped keep many working as I could as they went down and I had access to keys.

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think Marc has said he can really only bring two games.

Well, that is what you recall reading. I talked with him on the phone, sounds like he may be bringing 4 machines. Maybe 3, if Hercules ends up being one of them.

#104 10 years ago

Well, that is what you recall reading. I talked with him on the phone, sounds like he may be bringing 4 machines. Maybe 3, if Hercules ends up being one of them.

Oh that is great news and I'm glad to hear it!!! He has such a cool collection of rare games.

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

He has such a cool collection of rare games.

And those are the type he plans on bringing.

#106 10 years ago

I have sent an email to add O1 to the game list.

#107 10 years ago

I just got home from Dan's place. I can't talk him into letting us take Hercules to the show.
    He actually is planning on taking a rare and unusual Viza War pinball.
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2753

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Sweet !!! Game 2 for Marc.

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

If you are going to bring 3 or 4, any chance Varkon gets some action? I think that is a cool and under rated rare game. Yours played great at the TPF.

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

If you are going to bring 3 or 4, any chance Varkon gets some action? I think that is a cool and under rated rare game. Yours played great at the TPF.

Possibly. It is an easy game to move for sure.

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

The opposite of Hercules! I know this is off topic but just out of curiosity, when is the last time a Varkon has been sold? I have never seen that game on EBay or Pinside for sale that I can recall.

I just got home from Dan's place. I can't talk him into letting us take Hercules to the show.

Is there a backup plan for having a Hercules at the show just out of curiosity?

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is there a backup plan for having a Hercules at the show just out of curiosity?

With Dan it seemed he had some trouble getting in his place with the normal sized front door. He talked about turning the cabinet sideways to get inside.

Marc was pretty interested in bringing his Hercules until I mentioned I was trying to get Dan's there.
    Now I'm stuck. Hoping Marc will consider bringing his out to the show.

#113 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

If you manage to bring 4 that would be great! O1, Safe Cracker, MetLE, and Varkon! Hercules is cool for the kids but lots of work to move. Brian said he would unload it and set it up all by himself if you brought it....LOL!

#114 10 years ago

With Dan it seemed he had some trouble getting in his place with the normal sized front door. He talked about turning the cabinet sideways to get inside.

Hmm, perhaps if he is having general storage issues (and it is actually in his house eating massive space) he would consider or be actively interested in selling it to someone who would bring it to the show.

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Brian said he would unload it and set it up all by himself if you brought it

I can help, but by all means, I can't handle it by myself.
    Already see 3 Metallica machines on the game list so far.

#116 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

perhaps if he is having general storage issues (and it is actually in his house eating massive space) he would consider or be actively interested in selling it to someone who would bring it to the show.

The game is at his play house, not at his actual house.
    It doesn't sound like it is leaving for any reason.

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

O1, Safe Cracker, MetLE, and Varkon

I'd way rather him bring those four games than Hercules, even though it would be very cool to have a Hercules at the show. Funny enough those four specific games in aggregate probably take up about the same amount of space as one Hercules.

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Funny enough those four specific games in aggregate probably take up about the same amount of space as one Hercules

Well, with only 36 pinball machines on the list so far, looks like Hercules will have plenty of room.

#119 10 years ago

Rob Anthony will here there again this year selling parts and repairing boards.
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/Exhibitors.asp

If I read this right, so will Multimorphic will be showing the P3 again.

#120 10 years ago

I'm going to be there. )

-Rev

#121 10 years ago

Orbitor 1 is now on the game list. Thank you, Marc.
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/showgames.asp?search=Pinball

#122 10 years ago

That is a bizarre game.

#123 10 years ago

Just heard last night from the owner that Pinball Magic will not make the show since it sold.
    Someone is bringing a Hyperball.

http://www.arcadecenter.com/showgames.asp

#124 10 years ago

Just heard last night from the owner that Pinball Magic will not make the show since it sold.
    Someone is bringing a Hyperball.
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/showgames.asp

That's to bad, I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to play one. How many machines are you guys targeting to be there in total? How many were there last year?

#125 10 years ago

Earlier in this thread we were informed that there was around 70 pins set up last year.

Plus all the arcade games, video games, gun games, etc.

#126 10 years ago

That is correct. I counted 70 pins last year at the show. Total with the arcade games and console games, should have been about 180 items there. We did have to turn away at least 7 machines due to running out of room. Had to make sure Illinois Pinball had enough room for the pinball parts that Gene had brought.

With the expanded room this year, we hope not to turn away any machines.

#127 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's to bad, I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to play one.

I had my Pinball Magic at the show last year along with Twilight Zone, Earthshaker, Corvette, and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Like us on Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo FB page.

#128 10 years ago

How much more sq. ft. room available this year compared to last year?

#129 10 years ago

I was quoted as having 12,000 sq ft for the game room and the tournament area.
    Vendors will be in a separate area this year.

#130 10 years ago

I think it's been about 3 years since I was last there. There was a SC there, but I didn't get to play it, hope I get to play one this year though! Thanks to all you guys that bring pins for us to enjoy

Just checked the list on the expo site, no SS yet Somebody please bring one!

#131 10 years ago

Safe Cracker is on the game list.

#132 10 years ago

I was quoted as having 12,000 sq ft for the game room and the tournament area.
    Vendors will be in a separate area this year.

Who said 12,000 sq/ft? TPF in Grapevine was only 15,000 sq/ft and Houston is maybe half? I've always heard the two main rooms make up about 8,000 sq/ft. Never the less moving the vendors out of the two main game rooms should solve any overcrowding issues. Great more room for consoles

#133 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Who said 12,000 sq/ft?

Keith mentioned that to me. I also was thinking 8,000 sq/ft.

#134 10 years ago

10,107 square feet of ballroom and vendor space, plus we get to use the hallways for a few more exhibitors and the mech core pods and registration, so 12,000 square feet is about right!

#135 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballPark:

10,107 square feet of ballroom and vendor space, plus we get to use the hallways for a few more exhibitors and the mech core pods and registration, so 12,000 square feet is about right!

Sounds like George W. Bush fuzzy math but ok 12,000 it is. It's kinda like giving consoles credit on the game list but whatever.

#136 10 years ago

Space is space and a game is a game, TPF might have 15000 square feet but the registration table and beer table take up 2000 square feet alone!! So, let's add in the bar and we have 15000 square feet!!

Did I mention we have $3 import draft pints again this year!

#137 10 years ago

Did I mention we have $3 import draft pints again this year!

AAtoken.jpgAAtoken.jpg

#138 10 years ago

Pretty sure the Texas Pinball Fest had 45,000 square feet. Not 15,000.

And after checking, now I am positive.
    Here is the link.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-2013-dates-and-location-announced

#139 10 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Pretty sure the Texas Pinball Fest had 45,000 square feet. Not 15,000.
    And after checking, now I am positive.
    Here is the link.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-2013-dates-and-location-announced

The reference was when they were in Grapevine, they had 15,000 sq/ft there.

Can't wait till November, Houston is a great show to relax at.

#140 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Can't wait till November, Houston is a great show to relax at

Marc, I'm still trying to find out where you ate that one year and went home sick (even to the ER) before the Expo weekend was even over. I got sick last year (should have went to the ER) from Sunday breakfast at the hotel upon load out. Since I was the only one, I must had gotten hold of some dirty utensils or plate/glass. Took 3 days to recover from that.

Probably not something I should have posted here, but what can I say.

#141 10 years ago

Marc, I'm still trying to find out where you ate that one year and went home sick (even to the ER) before the Expo weekend was even over. I got sick last year (should have went to the ER) from Sunday breakfast at the hotel upon load out. Since I was the only one, I must had gotten hold of some dirty utensils or plate/glass. Took 3 days to recover from that.
    Probably not something I should have posted here, but what can I say.

I fully believe I got sick from the hotel (I was not the only one that got sick that year either). I ate in the bar Friday night, I think it was a Club sandwich, and good gawd I was sick come 8am. If I remember correctly I threw in the towel about 10am and headed home, made it to College Station where I spent 6 hours in the ER and then spent Saturday night in a hotel there. I'm not a puss by any means but I had to have my wife come get me Sunday, it was bad. Last year I stayed away from anything that was prepared by the hotel.

Not a gleaming endorsement and I know drafts are on special but my recommendation is stick with the bottle. Show is still a good time but I know where I will NOT eat.

#142 10 years ago

As soon as I ate that breakfast, I felt a fever coming on before making it back over to the machine to break down. I headed for the bathroom within 20 minutes after that fever started.

It really could have happen at any restaurant, but it sure took me out quickly.

#143 10 years ago

Pinball maniac 40 and Marc are doing wonders for the Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau with the last three post. Marc, you can come eat at Uncle Barry's. I think it's pretty obvious that my lovely bride DOES know how to cook.

#144 10 years ago

Was this the same year? They got some kind of Typhoid Mary thing going on...

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from BarrySanders:

Pinball maniac 40 and Marc are doing wonders for the Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau with the last three post. Marc, you can come eat at Uncle Barry's. I think it's pretty obvious that my lovely bride DOES know how to cook.

Hey, I didn't bring it up...

Maybe this year I will try the Golden Nipple or whatever the pasty club a few blocks down is called.

#146 10 years ago

Golden Cup?

#147 10 years ago

Could be. Does the Golden Cup have skanks that take your money?

**EDIT** Google is your friend, that's it.

#148 10 years ago

You boys are killing me. It's Gold Cup by the way . Be sure to get the $3.99 steak and fries. ( Shelley told me about it)

#149 10 years ago

Haha...Barry is right in on the correction. Thanks Barry!! Sounds like you know the place very well.
    There are many good places to eat near the Expo right down 290 within 4 miles.

#150 10 years ago

Red Lobster, Brick House Tavern, Pappasitos, hooters, Whatabuger, Schlotskys, Subway ,Chick fill A jack in the Box , Burger King, taco bell,KFC all right across the highway

There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-area-arcade-expo/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.