(Topic ID: 7525)

Houston Arcade Show this weekend? Anyone attended before?

By BrianZ

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo4.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

Pinsiders,

Anyone been to one of these in Houston before? Any good?

http://arcadecenter.com/

Looks to have a swap meeting on Sat 8-12 (this weekend), which i will miss. My son has football play-offs that morning.

Was looking to attend later the show later if anygood. I'm dying to buy a SS machine, thought might be this a good place.

#2 12 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

Pinsiders,

Anyone been to one of these in Houston before? Any good?

http://arcadecenter.com/

Yes & yes.

Just be sure and bring some ear plugs.

Seriously.

The music is as loud as any nightclub you've ever been to. Maybe even louder.

Sucks when the title you want to play is right near one of the speakers.

#3 12 years ago

Wish I could make it - but I've got other family commitments this weekend.

#4 12 years ago

Yeah i was gonna drive down but my son has soccer tourneys

#5 12 years ago

Thats my problem. Football play-off on Saturday. Starts at 9am. Apparently the Expo has the swap meeting from 8-12.... Dont know if im going to make it

Got to brag a bit here. My sons team has played 10 games. No team has scored a single point!! 9-10-11 year olds.. But amazing. And they have one of the hardest schedules in the league.

#6 12 years ago

So they had a Checkpoint DMD at the show, and for sale. I made an offer just a little while ago. Will see if this one pans out..

Anyone ever play Checkpoint ?

#7 12 years ago

Post some pictures.

#8 12 years ago

cool post some pics

#9 12 years ago

My phone died, after i took 2 pictures.. So i dont really have any good pics of the show.

I figured there must have been at least 40 pinballs. Transformers, Tron, Indy (not working), AF, CV, TOM, BP, Pinbot, etc....

And a pretty good collection of retro arcade games.

And the 501st was there. Apparently, one took a liking to my son:

And a Dr.Dude that looked great with LEDs...

photo3.JPGphoto3.JPG photo4.JPGphoto4.JPG

8 months later
    #10 11 years ago

I'm 9 months late on replying to this post about the Arcade Expo. There actually were 65 pinball machines at that show. That was my Dr. Dude. Thank you for the complements on it. I plan on having one at the Expo again this year. Also will have LEDs installed and playfield clearcoated if all goes well. The backbox lamps did not look good with the 3-LEDs that I used in the playfield so the regular bulbs stayed in tact.

This years Arcade Expo is Nov 3rd and 4th.
    www.arcadecenter.com

Brian

#11 11 years ago

LOL I remember when it was just a project in your living room. It cleaned up nicely. What are you bringing to the expo this year? I can’t remember if it’s the SI or not.

#12 11 years ago

Twilight Zone and it seems Dr. Dude seem be on that list to bring. Likely will take a 3rd.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-arcade-show-this-weekend-anyone-attended-before and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.