Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pinchroma
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IS-lopcxk5dpftp.jpg
    IS-1cdznl0znb13x.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

So my wife and I just got home from looking at houses. We went to look at a really nice house in Millstone NJ (Possibly clarksburg, not sure where the county lines are). After looking at the main section of the house and the back yard I ask to see the basement. The SECOND I open the door to the basement I hear a familiar sound. Flippers and slings. The basement is partitioned into many rooms but I know there's a game down there somewhere. So now me and my son are trying to find the source. We turn the corner, and there is the owners son playing a fairly nice JP. Sitting right next to the JP is a fishtales. It needed a shopping real bad, had no glass and a decent amount of insert wear. Wasn't turned on so no idea if it worked but its so nice to see that in a house!

If its one of you guys, please PM me!

-Alex

#2 11 years ago

It always a joy to hear the sounds of a machine when you least expect it. Good luck in your quest for a new home in jersey. Stay away from the bay and waterfront, unless your looking for a longterm investment.

#3 11 years ago

Make an offer, and tell them to include the machines in the sale!

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Make an offer, and tell them to include the machines in the sale!

your likely doing the guy a favor

#5 11 years ago

Or at least offer to powdercoat them in exchange for them picking up the closing costs

#6 11 years ago

Hi Alex. If you need any help, let me know...my wife is a Real Estate Agent! (Award Winning, I might add)---Ted
    ....er, do you smoke cigars??

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

The basement is partitioned into many rooms

This would have never worked for a gameroom.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

This would have never worked for a gameroom.

massage parlor maybe , but definitely not a gameroom

#9 11 years ago

Hi Alex. If you need any help, let me know...my wife is a Real Estate Agent! (Award Winning, I might add)---Ted
    ....er, do you smoke cigars??

Damn Ted i wish i knew that earlier. I found a house through a local real estate agent in Millstone.

The deciding factor? HUGE finished basement with 9 foot ceilings. Lot's of room for games! Even my wife said, wow you could put a lot of pinball machines down here. She doesn't play but she's awesome and tolerates my hobbies

IS-lopcxk5dpftp.jpgIS-lopcxk5dpftp.jpgIS-1cdznl0znb13x.jpgIS-1cdznl0znb13x.jpg

#10 11 years ago

No problem. Excellent looking place. (a bit small though)

#11 11 years ago

^ That's not a house, it's a DAMN Castle!

#12 11 years ago

And now you are only an hour 10 minutes from me!

#13 11 years ago

Powdercoat been belly belly good for joo...

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

Powdercoat been belly belly good for joo...

LOL. No, Im a tech geek. PC is just a hobby helping the pinball community.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

LOL. No, Im a tech geek. PC is just a hobby helping the pinball community.

<--- Now wants to be a tech geek.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

<--- Now wants to be a tech geek.

I would assume Pinchroma is one of the best in his field. His CV via Linkedin is very impressive.

#17 11 years ago

Hoping the homeowner leaves the old pac man It works.

#18 11 years ago

Make it part of the deal...

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

I would assume Pinchroma is one of the best in his field. His CV via Linkedin is very impressive.

I actually sell Servers to Tech Geeks so I'm getting there

#20 11 years ago

Hey Ted, I'm probably going to have a few folks over in a few weeks (not new house thats going to be 3-4 months for closing). You interested? Maybe Dave and Mike/Mike from the island?

#21 11 years ago

That's certainly a possibility. Keep us posted with the date as I have a few trips and Chiller Con coming up...should be fun!

#22 11 years ago

Great space! Do you know the dimensions? I'm in the process of designing a new game room addition to my house.

Darin

#23 11 years ago

Nice place. Now that we're neighbors have to invite you over for some pin time!
    Typical Millstone house. Freakin huge.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kane:

The owner is the builder. Going through a divorce so he has to sell.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Great space! Do you know the dimensions? I'm in the process of designing a new game room addition to my house.
    Darin

I don't know the full basement dimensions yet but assuming there were no walls i estimate it at around 50 x 55

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kane:

Nice! Always glad to meet a fellow pinhead in the area.

What town are you in? I see monmouth county.. Manalapan, Freehold, Marlboro?

#27 11 years ago

Colts Neck.

#28 11 years ago

After looking at your profile it looks like your good with electronics, is that right?

#29 11 years ago

Nice! A few of my friends live in Colts Neck on Montrose. I'm really liking monmouth county. Coming from SI it's a nice change!

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kane:

After looking at your profile it looks like your good with electronics, is that right?

Correct

#31 11 years ago

Montrose is the next street down from me.
    I just posted a few days ago about looking for a "friend" in NJ. Been working on an old EM and BSD that have some issues. I'm color blind so following wiring and checking diodes etc is a real pain. I have a pretty extensive workshop for everything woodworking and pin related but nothing helps if you can't see. I might have to pick your brain and if there's anything I can do i'm always interested in helping out another Pinsider.

#32 11 years ago

Awesome. Yeah shoot me a PM i'll give you my cell. When i'm in the area which i have been frequently lately i'll gladly try to give you a hand. Don't know much about EM's but SS games sure!

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Damn Ted i wish i knew that earlier. I found a house through a local real estate agent in Millstone.
    The deciding factor? HUGE finished basement with 9 foot ceilings. Lot's of room for games! Even my wife said, wow you could put a lot of pinball machines down here. She doesn't play but she's awesome and tolerates my hobbies

Damn that's nice!

There's a Wayne's World quote about a girl that said:

If I had boobs like that, I'd never leave the house."

Replace 'boobs' with 'basement.'

#34 11 years ago

Sorry, but has to be said... never ever replace boobs with basements

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

The owner is the builder. Going through a divorce so he has to sell.

Same excuse for selling anything!

#36 11 years ago

My whole house would fit in that basement.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

My whole house would fit in that basement.

Damn Alex! Good Luck with the move! Can't wait to show my wife your space!!

#38 11 years ago

Hey Alex. Find the T2 Chrome thread, the guy needs some pricing...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-cabinet-touch-up-chrome

#39 11 years ago

Welcome to the area, I'm one town over in upper freehold twp. Kane's a friend of mine too and pin nation sold me a lotr, good guys! Nice to be surrounded by fellow pinsiders!

#40 11 years ago

Nice! Thanks. More pinsiders!

#41 11 years ago

Hey Pinchroma, This is Tom (GL_Pinguy) from the T2 Chrome Thread. I sent you a couple of PM's and have not received a reply. Is it still possible for you to do the chrome/powdercoat?

Sorry hijacking the thread.

#42 11 years ago

Replied

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/house-hunting-storynew-jersey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.