15273572544609093208276374940741.jpg
DSC05047 (resized).JPG
DSC05075 (resized).JPG
DSC05087 (resized).JPG
DSC05116 (resized).JPG
DSC05116 (resized).JPG
DSC05111 (resized).JPG
DSC05062 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Lloyd, as always your to kind!

I didn't do anything. You are the one making a great game look even better !

LTG : )

#52 5 years ago

got my part yesterday, will come back when installed.

#53 5 years ago

As promised;
Friday reveal for new mod on this Fabulous Houdini machine.
This is the protorype, final version will have playing card emblems in all 4 corners.
This is designed to cover up the American Pinball white bubble sticker, center of upper head.
Two versions will be available, flat and curved to hide that sticker.
You can either leave sticker on, or peel it off and place on coin door, coin box.
These will be ready to ship next week. I spent many hours this week with cad design, the dye to cut, and finding best way to curve them.
My wife likes the Flat, I'm impartial, I kinda like them both. It was so hard to determine I decided to make both versions available.
Hope you all like this new mod.
Below pics are the curved version.

I'd be in for a curved one if it said "American Pinball." I think they deserve recognition and what better way to replace the current sticker most people do not like than with yours that blends in with the theme.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

I'd be in for a curved one if it said "American Pinball." I think they deserve recognition and what better way to replace the current sticker most people do not like than with yours that blends in with the theme.

That's a great idea also!

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

I'd be in for a curved one if it said "American Pinball."

I thought about this awhile back. Biggest problem, copyright and trademark. When I wanted to make this I did think about contacting American Pinball for permission. However, they have been pretty busy since January making pinball machines and this would have just gone no where. Also awkward to write and ask for permission to cover up there Company Logo with a better version.

Quoted from BladeFury:

That's a great idea also!

Sadly we just cant, we just cant put a Company name on there, or there initials. We also are not American Pinball, we cannot make a product with there name on it. The same way we can't make a "Hershey's" or "Campbell's Soup".

#56 5 years ago

I thought about this awhile back. Biggest problem, copyright and trademark. When I wanted to make this I did think about contacting American Pinball for permission. However, they have been pretty busy since January making pinball machines and this would have just gone no where. Also awkward to write and ask for permission to cover up there Company Logo with a better version.

Maybe a future project. Or they may approach you about it ?

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe a future project. Or they may approach you about it ?

That would be nice. I have some ideas and prelimany drawings.
Based on small reveal yesterday Ive already have several that love the Houdini emblem cover. So thats good.

#58 5 years ago

Page 2. Back to planchette's.

20180518_084526 (resized).jpg20180518_084526 (resized).jpg

20180518_084121 (resized).jpg20180518_084121 (resized).jpg

#59 5 years ago

Weekend orders shipping today.
Thank you gang for all the support!
I find it fascinating who pics which version and why. Over the past 2 weeks they are tied for each model sold. Glad i made two different versions.

#60 5 years ago

Planchette pics with lighting coming thru hole.

20180521_164731 (resized).jpg20180521_164731 (resized).jpg

20180521_164745 (resized).jpg20180521_164745 (resized).jpg

#61 5 years ago

Got mine. Installing soon

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Got mine. Installing soon

Thank you for ordering all 3 pieces. Should have your Header, AP bubble sticker cover, mailed out by Fri.

#63 5 years ago

Love it! Thx

20180523_011846.jpg20180523_011846.jpg

20180523_011838.jpg20180523_011838.jpg

#64 5 years ago

Thank you BladeFury, your machine looks amazing. Love the T-molding idea.
Also Good to Know it Fits under the Pinstadium lighting kit.

#65 5 years ago

Awesome work bud!

Looks killer!

#66 5 years ago

Changed Add Title-NEW PRODUCTS UP AND AVAILABLE!
First Up- New Key FOB.

DSC05116 (resized).JPGDSC05116 (resized).JPG

#67 5 years ago

The NEW HOUDINI Header Emblem. Replaces the American Pinball Bubble Sticker.
You can either leave AP sticker on, or remove it.
Header Emblem comes in 2 versions. Flat or Curved.
I really like both, and it's hard for me to even decide which one to put up.
Curved Header Emblem below.

DSC05087 (resized).JPGDSC05087 (resized).JPG

#68 5 years ago

Flat Header Emblem Below.

DSC05075 (resized).JPGDSC05075 (resized).JPG

#69 5 years ago

That header really makes the game !

#70 5 years ago

More pics and details in post #1.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That header really makes the game !

Thank you Lloyd.
This idea dates back to May of 2017 at pinagogo when I played prototype.
That weekend I knew these 2 mods had to happen. 1 year later and there done!

#72 5 years ago

More pics and details in post #1.

You know I'm in lol!

#73 5 years ago

Slightly good picture to show curvature of Emblem Header.
I've been trying it on both double sided tape to AP sticker and removing AP sticker.
I want to Give AP some credit on that Bubble sticker. Remarkably sticky considering how many times I've moved it.
My Final way I'll be applying the Header Emblem is removing the American Pinball bubble sticker and putting it on coin box in machine.
I want to keep it, I just don't want to look at it.
Really no offense to my friends at AP, it's just so white and stands out to much.

DSC05047 (resized).JPGDSC05047 (resized).JPG

#74 5 years ago

Slightly good picture to show curvature of Emblem Header.
I've been trying it on both double sided tape to AP sticker and removing AP sticker.
I want to Give AP some credit on that Bubble sticker. Remarkably sticky considering how many times I've moved it.
My Final way I'll be applying the Header Emblem is removing the American Pinball bubble sticker and putting it on coin box in machine.
I want to keep it, I just don't want to look at it.
Really no offense to my friends at AP, it's just so white and stands out to much.

That's funny! That's what I had already done

15273572544609093208276374940741.jpg15273572544609093208276374940741.jpg

#75 5 years ago

Exciting, had someone pm me from Germany.
Well, no Houdini's in Europe yet.
But, from post #1.

Item will be shipped through paypal shipping and you receive tracking number once item is shipped.
Free Shipping for USA Only, Sorry International Friends. UK and EU is $14 First Class International Ship. Australia and New Zealand is $14, Canada is $10.
Contact me if you are not listed above for shipping Quote.

#76 5 years ago

Here's the latest batch. We lost 2 on this run.

20180527_092904 (resized).jpg20180527_092904 (resized).jpg

#77 5 years ago

Thanks again!

20180530_084308.jpg20180530_084308.jpg

20180530_084254.jpg20180530_084254.jpg

#78 5 years ago

BladeFury-
That looks great! Even with game off.
I do like your T-molding upgrade.

#79 5 years ago

Weekend bump for new Houdini header piece.
Covers American Pinball bubble sticker.
Combo deals for 2 or 3 of all 3 pieces I make.
Planchette in both versions available, and new key fob.
Thanks to all again this past month for your orders.

20180525_135535 (resized).jpg20180525_135535 (resized).jpg
#80 5 years ago

Is the AP label on the back box and the front of coin door? I didn’t pay much attention to this detail on the one at GSPF but definitely see the need to improve both areas if that is true. Very impressive work dude, looks great!

#81 5 years ago

Bump for cool header mod.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Is the AP label on the back box and the front of coin door? I didn’t pay much attention to this detail on the one at GSPF but definitely see the need to improve both areas if that is true. Very impressive work dude, looks great!

Thank you, very nice to say so. Good questions!
The machine only comes with 1 AP bubble sticker on the upper head. It does not come with one on the coin door.
In post #77 above. Bladefury took the AP bubble sticker off head and put it on his coin door.
My Mod is intended to replace that sticker on the backbox/head of game. See pic on post above #79.
I also make the planchette to cover up factory one, and a nice key fob that matches the header piece.
Someone also asked if header piece could go on apron? It sure can if diseried. I make the header mod in two versions. Flat and curved.

#83 5 years ago

sorry if it took me awhile to install, got myself a nice cold for the past 2 weeks and it's finally gone.

i went with a very thin 2 face tape because i wanted to be as close as possible to the planchette (personal preference).

super easy to install, looks much better and love the shine on it.
basically, if you don't have it, get it!

planchette engraved upgrade (resized).JPGplanchette engraved upgrade (resized).JPGplanchette engraved upgrade1 (resized).JPGplanchette engraved upgrade1 (resized).JPGplanchette engraved upgrade2 (resized).JPGplanchette engraved upgrade2 (resized).JPG
#84 5 years ago

I perfectly centered mine over the hole. You might not want to do that because it then looks uncentered unless you are hovering over the planchette. I've had a couple people comment that it didn't look centered...doh!

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

basically, if you don't have it, get it!

Bob- Thank you so much, that looks great!
I didn't want to give tons of direction on tape.
Its subjective to everyones style and opinions on tape. That thinner tape is nice and I like how you layed it out. Perfect!
The tape I include is forgiving if you choose to move it or find a better position for your eyes.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I perfectly centered mine over the hole. You might not want to do that because it then looks uncentered unless you are hovering over the planchette. I've had a couple people comment that it didn't look centered...doh!

Size of hole and gem visibility was a big deal for this project. The first 4 or 5 prototypes had the hole the exact same size as gem/crystal.
That didnt work. Made it harder to see. I made the hole bigger by 2mm in the end. This made it when you centered planchette on crystal you could see it from most every angle.
Glad you and your guests like it.

1 week later
#87 5 years ago

Real life and work getting pretty busy.
I will have to take a break from these mods and let ad expire on Sunday.
I can continue to fill orders thru Fri the 22nd, but after that you might have to wait a month or so. Sorry, I just dont have the time after that.
You can always PM me if you find this thread closed.
Hopefully if you find this thread it's not a big deal to wait a month.
Also, I will most likely not do a Second run of the Header mod. Get these while you can, I have about a Dozen left.
Thank you all for your support and interest in these mods these past weeks.

#88 5 years ago

Bump for orders before you have to wait. Or miss out on the header.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bump for orders before you have to wait. Or miss out on the header.

Thanks Llyod and the couple guys who emailed last night!
Tim- yours is going out today.
Don- I will ship yours next week as requested.

To Clarify on the break in selling.
This is not a stunt or sales gimmic.
Im simply going to be busy and gone.
In order, work 16 days nonstop, home for a couple days, off to Cal extreme show in central Ca and considering taking Houdini with all mods to show off at show. Then back to work for 2 weeks. Then small vacation, then back again.
Busy summer and boy last day of school is today.
I will repost ad about mid August. Im currently not making anymore for awhile.
Thanks Again to everyone for the kind words, welcome reception, and enthusiasm for this mod.

#90 5 years ago

All 5 customers were shipped yesterday.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
These featured ads run 6 weeks and theres about 30 hours left on this one.
When I restart ad in about 2 months I plan to post a link to this thread. If i can copy and past all the great pictures submitted in this thread I will.

#91 5 years ago

These look fantastic Eric - thanks for making them. I'm looking forward to receiving mine and adding them to my Houdini!

Hope you get some time off soon.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

These look fantastic Eric - thanks for making them. I'm looking forward to receiving mine and adding them to my Houdini!
Hope you get some time off soon.

Thanks so much for your support Tim.
Yours should be there by Monday. Left early yesterday.
Im not complaining, i picked a crazy time to roll out this mod. I went back and looked at May calender. I had 2 days off in May, both were spent working on this mod and customers.
Another side note. These take a lot of patience and time to make. Each and every piece is done one step at a time. They require constant full attention on engraver. Tons of air, blow, blow, blow, more blowing. The debris that gets kicked up in first 10 minutes of engraving is amazing, its like spilling a glass of water, amazing how big a mess it can make. The same thing applies to the ABS stock. If you dont maintain a clear field for engraver, it destroys the piece. There's no saving it.

2 months later
#93 5 years ago

"Houdini is in the House"
Hope everyone has been having a Great Summer!
UPDATE for Almost Sept 1st.
Dave at "The Mod Couple" approached me before my break and was kind enough to offer all my Houdini mods in there store.
Cant Thank the Mod couple enough for there time , effort, and customer service helping me sell these Mods!
All my mods can be purchased on there website; Themodcouplepinball.com
There is also many other Houdini mods on the website and mods for other games as well. JJP Pirates, Batman66, TZ, Funhouse etc..

#94 5 years ago

I also would like to Thank Pinside member GAP (Great American Pinball).
He purchased a ton of my Mods and offers them as Add-ons to any Houdini Game purchase.
Great distributor for the pinball Community.
https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/

1 week later
#95 5 years ago

Weekend Bump for Houdini Modes!
This mod will not last forever.
Im considering ending it soon, so I can move on to other things.
I also like the idea of it being somewhat a limited edition.
This is not a sales ploy, honest. There is no reason other than time that I couldn't make it forever. But, I like the idea of putting it to bed.
Besides, American Pinball's rosh announced this morning that Game #2 will be revealed at Expo!

1 week later
#96 5 years ago

Weekend bump. Inventory getting low.
Thanks to all Houdini owners that have purchased my mods!

#97 5 years ago

I've had these installed on my game almost as soon as they were released. It's incredibly hard to imagine a game that looks as good as Houdini looking -better- but these mods do it. Outstanding design and quality. Nice work eric!

1 week later
#98 5 years ago

Weekly Bump for my Houdini Mods.
This is coming to an end, get them while you can.
To much time and money to do another run.
For anyone that thinks this mod stuff makes a person rich, I beg to differ.
By the time it's all said and done I'll be lucky to break even.

2 weeks later
#99 5 years ago

Spooky Halloween Seance multiball bump!

1 week later
#100 5 years ago

With a Few mods in the Que I just set up my Pinside Biz!
Mod Magic in the House!

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdinicustom-planchette-upgrade3d-engraved-playfield-mod/page/2?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.