• 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hollywood
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51FF3625-477E-4E8E-879D-501009613C69 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

Because it’s a recent game that a lot of people bought NIB and now they want the next new one. Nothing to see here, move on.

#51 5 years ago

I own one, and I love it - but it definitely needs to be precisely set up. I've played it on location 5 times (at 5 different places, I mean). The *only* time it was set up correctly was when I played it with Joe Balcer and Josh Kugler. Every other time I've played it on location, it was set up crazy - super floaty, WAY old code, and kinda - well, boring. Set up properly at 6.2 degrees or so, and with more powerful flippers, it is really fun. But it takes a lot of tinkering to get it right, and that will never happen on location. I absolutely get why the comments are so disparate - most people who played it on location thought it sucked, and most people who have it at home love it. It wasn't really ready out of the box, unfortunately. Totally makes sense. I see a lot of people thinking about selling Maiden for the same reason. Mine is not leaving for a long long time, but whoever eventually buys it will get an outstanding machine.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I’ve never owned a JJP machine, but I have owned others. Houdini is incredible with build quality, PF quality, and powder coating. I don’t beat on my machines, but this one seems that it would take a beating like a champ! Lol

IMO JJP games are *slightly* better build, they have had more time to get it really precise. Both are miles *miles* beyond current Stern build quality. I have a Stern IMDN next to a JJP Dialed In, and IMDN is like a toy next to the battle tank that is DI. Houdini is more like the tank

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Interesting. The one at our location earns steady. People dig it.

Wasn't an issue for us. Played well right out of the box.
Why is it people tend to conclude based on a sample size of 1 that it must be the same everywhere? Audiences vary at each location. Pins will fare differently at each location. An operator north of me said Aerosmith was a turd for him. At out location is was quite popular and earnings were above average.

what's the build date on the location game? Maybe they sorted things out on later games - all of the ones I've played were in the first 20 made

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-why-so-many-for-sale?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.