5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 66 days ago by f3honda4me
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 months ago

Played my 2nd and 3rd games ever on a POTC (on route) today and it was very nice.

One thing I LOVE about JJP LE+ games is that they come with a friggin' headphone jack. Plugged my earbuds in and ... WAH LAH! ... I could actually hear the game in an otherwise noisy pinball bar!!! SO NICE! The game looked beautiful and the audio was fantastic. Excellent volume adjustment switch too!

The jury's still out for me on POTC's gameplay, but it appears to be promising indeed. In the meantime, I still love my Houdini.

3 months later
#52 66 days ago

I own a Houdini, and kinda want a POTC (I call it Princesses of the Caribbean because they sugar-coat the portrayal of pirates big time. Pirates were the terrorist thieves of their time.)
I refuse to say which 'is better' because that is difficult and likely inaccurate. However, I like Houdini because it is a fun, difficult shooter with a boat-ton of code goodness. It's like they took a nice B/W game and gave it a decent, non-trival ruleset. Score!

Now POTC, on the other hand, is a bit more expensive...but you get a beauty of a machine for your money. It also looks like it has some serious deep rules, likely more than Houdini. Kind of a longer player, like LOTR. Soooo many shots. To summarize, this looks like an adventure pin.
I like both, and side by side, they would be great in my collection. A buyer should consider what kind of experience they want out of a pin rather than which is better. These games are far too different for that simple comparison (IMHO). These aren't System-11s.

Go Pinball!!

#53 66 days ago

Love the Houdini theme, not so much the POTC theme...
but it looks like JJ knocked it out of the park on PTOC
great looking game that looks like a blast to play

#54 66 days ago

I had a Houdini, sold it. Don't miss it either.
I am an average player, and still found the shots too tight.

Bought a JJP POTCLE and love the game.
It is great plundering the other players stuff
Tons to do, great fun all around.

Cannon shot never gets old for me, harder during Multi balls to.

#55 66 days ago

IMO this isn't really a fair comparison. POTC costs WAY more, but it also includes a hell of a lot more. AP is pricing in between Pro and LE Stern models, and you get quite a bit in there. Both games are incredibly fun. I would say POTC is more "immersive" than Houdini, which I would say about all JJP games. You won't go wrong with either -

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside