573A476D-F9B1-48FE-AB3C-980763E8970D (resized).jpeg
D461B066-BC27-4365-9F26-675B94768A4E (resized).jpeg
1EA3E4AE-5EFA-47EB-B1DD-40F87E8E5C0E (resized).jpeg
20180525_135535 (resized).jpg
20180523_012408.jpg
20180512_172606 (resized).jpg
20180529_203515 (resized).jpg
HVSD (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I started reading this thread leaning toward DI because i had played it more, and I was more familiar how good it is.
I even put an offer to buy DI a couple of weeks ago. I just wasn't' as familiar with Houdini.
However since this thread, I've spent more time with Houdini and figured out for myself who the clear winner is.
I didn't need the poll to figure it out.

Because you purchased one does not necessarily mean you figured out the clear winner? After you own it for awhile is when you will make that decision.... Just sayin.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Hey $$ talks and bullshit walks, right??

You,put your,money where you mouth is. Truly hope you love the game!

#305 5 years ago

OT but why do simple polls or questions about personal opinion stir so much debate and criticism? Both are great games for that matter I haven't seen many pinball machines I hated enough to write a story about but they are simply opinions. While I do agree a poll is generally 50% BS but that deviation typically fits both candidates in general. So much passion in pinball but like many things in life you really can't sway a personal opinion. For full disclosure I own Houdini yet I voted for DI? Is Houdini a great game, no debate from me. Is it as much fun or shoot better than DI? Not in my opinion. A poll with any 2 titles will draw out resentment and personal opinion. If you play it and enjoy it that is all that matters.

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

People also drive Nissan and Mitsubishi. I bet some of them even love it. Just not a lot of them, like this poll indicates.

I HATE Nissan you are wrong! I did own a Eagle Talon Tsi which makes you half right though!

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Eagle Talon was my first teenage car crush. Highschool in early 90s that Dodge/Mitsu lineup was sick.

Funny you say that, I had to trade the turbo Talon for a Mitsubishi Mighty max pickup as it made hauling drywall a lot easier then the Talon. lol Gots to pay the bills.....

2 weeks later
#383 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have to tell you that after trying this game again (Houdini) I actually like it less than before. Everything from the feel of the flippers to the absolutely terrible art and speech to the shot layout and the list goes on I really just can't get into this game at all. I think the recent sales are just the beginning and if you're looking for it hold tight as prices will continue going down.
DI absolutely smokes this game its not even close. The poll is absolutely right IMO

And drops the mic....

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thank you. Apparently, all those who enjoy playing Houdini are just delusional as it's OBVIOUSLY a horrid game. Shame on American Pinball for developing and offering a game such as this and woe to any fools who buy it when they could have DI instead!

Ok, for the record what they both said was opinion and actually fact regarding Whysnow. The six I know of in my area All sold after purchase and not through Pinside and sadly yes at or Below the numbers and point he was making. Don't see that anyone was making fun of buyers/owners just opinion and fact on a thread comparing two different games. Thats why I hate these comparison pole threads. Everyone can only see one opinion as right and the other must be BS. They are both good games. Granted I Really think they picked the Wrong game to compare Houdini to. No comparison (My Opinion) Maybe Houdini and GOTG Pro, sure. The TWIPI winner and seasoned veteran designer against a new company, not so sure. The people have spoken but Nobody is wrong! If you like it you Win.

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

both are fun games to different people.
I really am just pointing out the facts. Based on polls and popular opinion, most people prefer DI.
Based on sales and secondary market continually going down on Houdini, reality of sales seems to match the poll.
I am glad people like different games. That is part of the fun of pinball and I always enjoy playing a game that someone else loves and sharing in their geek out for what they like in the game.
That does not change the fact that Houdini is not selling well on the secondary and my advice stands to wait this one out till it settles. The biggest thing I see with the plethora of new games coming out all the time, is any new game perceived as less than great by the majority of the community is going to drop quite a bit. What used to be a 10% drop is quickly becoming a 25% drop. There is only so much space and money for 5k plus games and whatever Stern sets the Pro pricing at seems to be a solid reference point that people use as comparison purposes when deciding what takes space and money. I will say that Stern has also jacked up Pro pricing beyond what most are comfortable with, which is why I think we see less than great used Sterns in the 4k range and holding steady.

Agree with what you said in both posts without question. Especially resale values.

3 months later
#443 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can disagree all you want...
But until you link em up, nobody will believe you.
Looks like I was spot on with my prediction of quickly trending to and below 6k. I would guess it continues on down to 5500 in short order.
He is the Houdini links.
Sitting at 6200 obo
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69057
Pending at 5999 asking
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69653
Not let's see these DILEs for what you say they sold for...

With full Cliffy kit, side blades, new power supply etc this Is basically 5500.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-vs-dialled-in?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.