29%

(414 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D0C619A7-3776-4D54-8306-6A8256877E5B (resized).jpeg
F0FCEF64-29AB-4129-AE5C-E53F349B928E (resized).jpeg
gladiator_thumbs_up (resized).jpg
20180510_203408 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago

Houdini-

Super innovative layout, challenging, it’s a long term keeper. IMDN is also awesome, you can’t go wrong with it either - my sense is there will be a lot of Maidens available on the used market eventually, just because of the volume of Sterns made. Time will tell how IMDN lasts, I am not sure. It sure is fun, but so is Houdini, and Houdini forces you to become a better player, which IMO is very rewarding

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

weird writing since so many Houdini's are for sale not to long after Owner number one took delivery .
in the past month I seen at least a half dozen Houdini for sale hundreds less than new with add ons being dumped.
So not sure how you reckon a long term keeper ?
I too would hold out on the cash as Iron maiden is best choice but the NIB price has me waiting / I can wait for under 5 k pricing when used . any price higher than 5 k is just Insane !!!!! Bring on the new Sterns so people dump the games to buy the new model...
for what it is all worth in my opinion
Buy a few Older games instead is the best option , as so many great under rated games are out there
if you want a Houdini here is a nice one second hand http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=38979.0

Well.. I’ve played it - a lot- for one. There’s a lot of complaining that the shots are “too tight”, which is another way of saying that you’re not used to games which require precision. I SUCK at the game, but I am seeing myself get better, and i go and shoot a Stern and I can make every shot. That’s not fun for me - although I do think IMDN is a great game and I think I’ll get one eventually too

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

The OP was also asking about service and reliability. That was a concern for me as well and I ended up buying a Houdini. Here's how I evaluated this whole new company thing.
- P-ROC boards. API is using the Multimorphic P-ROC system (as is ACNC). This is an established board set with lots of people using it. This means easy to find replacement boards far into the future.
- Unlike Zidware, Dutch, Highway, etc., API never took a dollar in pre-order money and were able to finance a development team, set up manufacturing, and are shipping in reasonably good quantities consistently. They took on the financial risk so we didn't have to. There is little reason to believe that API will not be around for game 2.
- The quality has been stellar. No splitting cabs. The playfield isn't chipping. Boards are not failing. That's not to say there haven't been a few minor hickups but the overall quality as been great. Joe Balcer personally played each game for 30-45 minutes before shipping until the manufacturing line and quality control was consistent.
- The software was fairly complete at launch and we've been getting bug fixes. The code is already deep. You have more risk in the code remaining unfinished with a Stern game than API so far.
- The service department is fabulous. I've called API service (aka Jerry) twice and the service has been stellar. I had a plastic break and Jerry shipped me a new one immediately. We've had a couple service bulletins come out to fix relatively minor issues that some (not all) customers had such as the skill shot consistency. All handled quite professionally.
It can't be easy setting up a new pinball manufacturing company but API has impressed.

This post is as thorough as it is true.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think the mob steered me right with Maiden. Let's see what they say on dumping one of my other Sterns for Houdini.

For the love of god, do it. You may be selling IMDN in a few months anyway

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

If you like theme more than gameplay, go for Houdini.
If you like gameplay more than theme, go for Iron Maiden.
Wait and see on ACNC.

Note that I am not trashing Maiden, but you've got that backwards

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I sure don't want any pin that takes photos of me sucking at playing...

LOL that is definitely a real thing - most of the pics it takes of me are REALLY ANGRY because I just drained my last ball right before a critical shot! Haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 300.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-vs-alice-cooper-vs-maidenif-you-had-to-pick-1?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.